PDA

View Full Version : Hey AkronSi I think I saw you!

silver ep
08-25-2002, 02:01 PM
Was that you up by Chapel Hill today? The car looked niiiiiiice!

HondaCivicSi
08-25-2002, 11:02 PM
I was at chapel hill mall today around 4 or 5. There was a Supra there with what looked like a Greddy intercooler. I'll stay away from him.

AkronSi
08-26-2002, 05:03 AM
Yep, that was me. I figured that was you.

That's the first time I've seen silver. Looks great!

Did you get that intake yet?

silver ep
08-26-2002, 05:41 AM
I havent got the Injen yet... Ive pretty much decided Im going to order it this week. My Dad will flip(Hes not into modifying cars:rolleyes: ) Im also getting the Catz aqua white headlight bulbs, they look sweet I saw some pics of them.
Are you getting any mods soon?

silver ep
08-26-2002, 05:42 AM
HondaCivicSi: What color was the Supra, I think Ive seen it before.

AkronSi
08-26-2002, 06:03 AM
I'm really leaning towards the K&N intake. Maybe in the next month or so. I want to get new lights too. How much are the CATZ? The PIAAs are super expensive. I'm thinking of the SYLVANIA SilverStars or the Cool Blues.

silver ep
08-26-2002, 07:02 AM
The Catz are $55 and look like HID and come with a 90 day warrenty, the guy from Lake Effect Performance told me that the PIAAs burn out prematurely, and that the Sylvanias are really good bulbs.

Are you getting the K&N Typhoon or a drop in filter?

I also think Im getting Eibach Sportlines, but I want to get shocks when I get the springs and Im not sure what shocks are available yet so Im probabally going to wait on those.

AkronSi
08-26-2002, 07:52 AM
The typhoon. I heard some sound clips, and it sounds great.

I want to do the whole shock/spring thing. But, like you I'm waiting for shocks that don't require modification like the Konis do.

Plus, I can do an intake by my self.

Is that $55 for 2 or for 1. The warranty sounds good to.

silver ep
08-26-2002, 07:58 AM
The price for the Catz are for the pair

Yeah Im considering the Typhoon also because I dont know how low the Injen CAI sits and that hydrolock factor kinda bothers me. Will you keep your intake on in the winter?

HondaCivicSi
08-26-2002, 08:10 AM
The Supra at the Mall was dark blue. It looked stock, except for the front mount intercooler and the huge exhaust hanging out the back.

silver ep
08-26-2002, 08:13 AM
Damn it sounds sweet! Did he try and show off?

AkronSi
08-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'll keep the intake on in the winter. I can't see changing it unless i notice a ton of slush spraying into the engine bay.

That's why I want the Typhoon.

I saw some pictures of the Injen on here someplace, and it looked similar to the K&N.

silver ep
08-26-2002, 12:12 PM
I found the Injen for only around $190 at NOPI so I think Ill probabally get it this week.

What rims are you thinking about getting?

AkronSi
08-26-2002, 01:25 PM
It's more like, what rim's don't I want.

I like some of the centerline wheels, but they cost a ton. I think they are something like 225 or more a piece. So, I think that I'll be getting something a little less.

I would drop my car first before getting rims though. I think that dropping it alone would make a huge difference.

Do you have any in mind for your's?

silver ep
08-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Definately the drop will be coming first.

As far as rims go I like the Centerlines too but thats just too much $, I like the wheels by Rota, the Motegi MR7s are nice but a ton of people have those!:mad:, I guess Im unsure right now theres a lot I like. I know for sure I want to get a gunmetal finish for sure. Rims are TOO expensive!

Are you dropping with springs or coilovers?

AkronSi
08-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Right now I'm planning on springs. Unless I get a fat raise pretty soon :D For daily driving, I think that coil-overs aren't necessary. Now, if I get into Autocross, that's another story...but I don't see that in the immediate future.

I like a lot of the Motegis too. I don't know if I want something with a lot of spoke or something more simple. I change my mind every damn day it seems like.

Gun Metal will look nice on your silver. Are you still thinking about powdercoating your stock wheels?

I've thought about that gun metal or anthracite on black, but I don't know if it will be to Darth Vader'ish. What do you think?

silver ep
08-26-2002, 03:11 PM
Yeah I think Eibach sportlines are the way to go from what Ive heard= nice drop smooth ride. Coilovers are great but I want a smooth ride, and I dont think coils give you as smooth of a ride.

I also change my mind on which wheels I like, I can flip through my Super Streets every day and see a different wheel I like that I may not have liked a week ago!:rolleyes:

Im still considering powdercoating even though everyone but you said it would be cool. I dont know maybe everyone is jealous they didnt think of it first:D But seriously I think the best way to see if rims would look good on your car is to Photoshop them on. Im taking pics this week to see how a few rims would look. As far as gunmetal or anthracite, Ive seen black tegs and civics with gunmetal rims and I think it looks badass not DarthVader'ish. I makes the car look mean as hell!

HondaCivicSi
08-26-2002, 05:27 PM
The supra was just parked. My girlfriend said she saw him coming from Kent State and that he was driving really slow. Thats cool though. I bet that thing flies at the track.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
08-27-2002, 12:35 AM
post a picture or two up akron.. i wanna check ur ride out.

AkronSi
08-27-2002, 06:38 AM
I'll put some up this week or this weekend for you all.

It need a good washing now after half a week of rain.

silver ep
08-27-2002, 07:04 AM
Hey AkronSI do you know when I should recieve my diploma?

1 fstr si
12-29-2002, 10:54 PM
i pick my injen up tomorrow and im gonna TRY and put it on before work. just thought i would chime into this convo. hey hondacivicsi, u go to akron u, and is ur car euro yellow, cuz i think i seen u a few times in the shrank hall south parking deck.

AkronSi
12-30-2002, 07:22 AM
let us know how it goes Dan.

silver ep
12-30-2002, 07:40 AM
let us know how it goes Dan.

Yeah, cant wait to hear about the Injen!

1 fstr si
01-01-2003, 09:50 AM
went without a problem. took me an hour and a half from hood open to hood closed.and yes, the directions they give you with it are crappy as heck. and, it sounds absolutely AMAZING. you guys will have to hear it when we get together.

labelhunter
01-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Why dont you guys pm eachother instead of making threads on crap. Sorry if i sound like a dick but the pm is a great feature you should try it.

DownTheHatch
01-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Threads like this are the reason PM's were invented.