PDA

View Full Version : what zaino stuff to buy?

downhil
07-19-2003, 10:51 PM
is the $85 kit the best way to go and cover all of my bases? i dont want to have to spend all weekend, so im definitely going to want the zfx accelerator. i want a finish that i dont have to redo every other week like my basic wash and wax.

Karim
07-20-2003, 01:34 AM
that $85 kit is all you need for yoru car, only other things you need is some tire gloss (you can get zainos, I personally use meguiars), window cleaner, and some metal polish for the exhaust.

That's all the basics you should need for the exterior of your car. Clean the wheels with soap and water and hit them with zaino also. Great shine and protection for your wheels and it really keeps brake dust from sticking to yoru wheels.

Follow Zaino's website as his directions are great and work well. If you have any other questions ask away and we'll be there to answer for ya.

Karim

downhil
07-20-2003, 11:24 PM
what is the s100 i read about using to layer on top...who makes that? or should i stick with what it comes with...

stubbs
07-20-2003, 11:41 PM
I was a detailer for years and just recently used the zaino program. It was OK, but I have gotten almost identical results from other good waxes. In fact the zaino was rather difficult to work with, for it's results. I personally prefer Zymol.

Karim
07-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by downhil
what is the s100 i read about using to layer on top...who makes that? or should i stick with what it comes with...

to start off use just Zaino itself you'll notice, if you even want to go even more glossey you can use S100 or P21S wax (they are basically the same thing) on top of it.

You'll notice a huge difference on darker colors, like black. It looks amazing on black! You'll see a very small difference on colors like silver, sometimes so small that you'll have to really look at your paint or you won't even notice.

Here is the stuff I'll be using on top of my of Zaino on my yellow car, http://www.properautocare.com/p21spastewax.html

Here is a thread with info and some nice pics (espically Dr. T's pic close to the bottem)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131449

cbecker333
07-26-2003, 09:22 AM
I've got the clay bar but I cheped out and didn't buy any of the zaino car wash stuff. Can I use the clay bar with some other brand car wash? Shouldn't make a difference, as long as the surface is well lubed, right?

stubbs
07-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Mothers makes a good product called "showtime" that works well with clay bars. Meguiars "quick detailer" works well also