PDA

View Full Version : Borla Header/Exhuast weld

Whoisray
07-20-2003, 12:36 AM
I've been searching these forums for the borla exhuast and header. It seems to me you gotta braze or weld them together. Which I do not want to do.

Does it only happen to that set-up? Would I have to weld if I get a DC header and borla exhuast?

mrfixit687
07-20-2003, 01:48 AM
only welding you'd have to do is for the borla header

chunky
07-20-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Whoisray
I've been searching these forums for the borla exhuast and header. It seems to me you gotta braze or weld them together. Which I do not want to do.

Does it only happen to that set-up? Would I have to weld if I get a DC header and borla exhuast?

the welding is very minor.

the borla header is a 2pc unit. it has an upper part that bolts to the back of the block, and the a lower portion, which replaces the length of pipe that attaches to the cat. so you cut off the stock piece, and weld on the borla piece. not a big deal at all.

Dunrick
07-20-2003, 07:57 AM
No need to weld it. It slips over the piece to the cat, and when it does its a VERY tight fit, that alone does not leak. I threw on a clip just incase though. Just go to a muffler shop and say you want to clip the header to the stock pipe that runs right to the cat. Its really obvious once you look under the car. This header really improves up top power.

Whoisray
07-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys! Im sure the local Meineke is capable enough.

ALCT
07-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Whoisray
Thanks guys! Im sure the local Meineke is capable enough.

thats where I had the two pieces welded together, they did a good job.