PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE CDs

BaLLiNbOi421
07-20-2003, 06:43 AM
Looking through my June 2003 Car Audio and Electronics mag I turned to page 11... It is the PhatNoise Digital Car Audio System for VW... I like this idea because I own over 300 CDs... I would buy 2 or 3 of these, make a KQQL fiberglass holding deck for them in the trunk and not have to worry about CDs... HERE COMES THE WORST PART... FOR VW... Can we use this in other cars??? What kind of headunit will display it correctly (with the Artist Name, etc...)????

JLannoo
07-20-2003, 08:36 PM
The Kenwood Music Keg is a rebadged Phat Noise. The only difference is that the Kenwood displays artist/title info on the head unit where as the Phat Noise does not. The Phat Noise actually speaks the info. It doesnt actually display anything much except track and folder number on a factory headunit.

I guess the PhatNoise would be a good option for someone that doesnt want to replace thier factory head unit. They do have them for Honda's. Go to www.phatnoise.com

In my opinion the Kenwood Music Keg is better though. Most any Kenwood head unit is compatible. Check it out at www.crutchfield.com

http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2002/113/h113KHDCX91-f.jpeg

BaLLiNbOi421
07-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanx.... I auctually think I am going to get the NEO MP3 CAR JUKEBOX... The 120 GB is Cheaper than the PhatNoise 20 GB... on ebay the Neo sells for $500 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036279423&category=18798)... but i would buy it from a store that i could return it to if i dont like it.... thanx for your opinion

PhatBox
07-23-2003, 06:54 PM
:eek:
Yipes!!!!

Don't buy that POS! Some of us here at PhatNoise have used the Neo previously, but there are so many issues with the unit. Try giving their customer support a call

I would recommend buying a Music Keg and a Kenwood radio. There are several places that are selling units way under retail. I may be a bit biased since I work at PhatNoise, but there are so many added benefits/features to our product that if you were going to get some sort of hard drive device, I would highly recommend not getting the Neo and purchasing something else.

Luciferi
08-01-2003, 02:06 PM
I bought a Neo jukebox. That is a big POS. Does not work on apple like they claim and I never could get it to work with XP either. Only thing I could get it to work on was windows 98. It does not work on any computer I own. There tech supprt does not speak english and gives out alot of BS.

My friends have music keg and phatnoise products and they seem to work good.