PDA

View Full Version : Well, these Progress springs are coming off, sick of bottoming out

02SilverSiHB
08-25-2002, 03:46 PM
I see why Progress makes a spring specifically for the Si. These springs suck ass! I love the look of it, but the drive is just rediculous. I hit a slight dip or bump, and I get a "BAM"! everytime. I bottomed out really bad today. I'm taking these suckers off as soon as I can. Anyone know the spring rate for H&R? I really don't want to get the H&R if they aren't specifically made for the Si. I hear they are made for the EX.

ssvr6
08-27-2002, 11:17 AM
From what I've read, they have a set for the Si.

Steve

SpeedRacer
08-27-2002, 12:25 PM
the H&R are for the EX i think but i have have had them on for a month and a half and not bottomed out one time yet, and i live in LA thare is lots of pot holes and speed bumps anyways it rides really good and i am happy with them fyi.

02SilverSiHB
08-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
the H&R are for the EX i think but i have have had them on for a month and a half and not bottomed out one time yet, and i live in LA thare is lots of pot holes and speed bumps anyways it rides really good and i am happy with them fyi.
yeah, but unfortunately the spring rate is going to be that great if they were made for the EX. I'm looking into sportlines now

02SilverSiHB
08-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
From what I've read, they have a set for the Si.

Steve
yeah, they do. I bought these when I first got my car. I had checked progresses sight and they didn't list it at the time. So I gambled and thought, hey these springs might be okay since H&R uses the same ones off an EX for the Si.

I got them cheap. Oh well