PDA

View Full Version : Neodymium magnet fuel ionizer

Endersi2
07-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I dont know if you guys read super street or not, but anyway in the august 2003 issue the cover car is a top fuel intregra type R dc 5. Not much is particularly interesting or over the top, but there is a neat little product featured on it. It's called a POWER Neo. Essentially it is a neodymium magnet located on the fuel line immediately before the fuel rail that ionizes the fuel for a more even and clean burn. Top fuel japan has reported that on a stock integra the gains are in the range of 5 hp. 5 hp is not a whole lot but whatever power gain all the better. Sorry I dont have any pics of it, but you can check it out in super street magazine. To anyone who's heard of it, where can I buy it, hopefully and online distributer of Top Fuel japan?

SiR Medic
07-20-2003, 07:48 PM
I've heard of these things...

THEY ARE A SCAM.

If "ionizing" fuel would lead to 10hp, don't you think carmakers would catch on to such a thing?

redronin22
07-20-2003, 09:42 PM
irrational has one...

irrational
07-21-2003, 12:16 AM
http://www.irrationalimports.com/TEMP/DSC06893.jpg
i have one but i would not say that its worth 100 bucks. i sure does add to my cars jdm pimpness though. here is a shot of my engine bay. i will be painting that damn orange oil dipstick tomorrow!
http://www.irrationalimports.com/TEMP/DSC06908.jpg

c0mf0rt
07-21-2003, 09:11 AM
How much and where????

S800Racer
07-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
I've heard of these things...
THEY ARE A SCAM.

But.... when combined with a Tornado fuel atomizer they will add 10-15HP to any car and increase gas mileage by 20%.;)

irrational
07-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by S800Racer

But.... when combined with a Tornado fuel atomizer they will add 10-15HP to any car and increase gas mileage by 20%.;)
LMAO.....you are supossed to try to get it as close to the fuel rail as possible for optimum results. our eps are kinda crowded in that area so i just mounted it closer to the fire wall. i bought it at takakaira.com for about 100 bucks depending on the market.

GeNoZiDe
08-09-2003, 09:29 AM
so does this thing work well?
thinkin of pickin it up
but i really want the V-AFC 2 which works with i vtec :)

CRV440
08-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Ok, so where is the fuel filter located on the EP3? If it's like the CR-V, then it's close to the gas tank. Now any fragments of metal that pass through the filter or detach further down the fuel line end up getting trapped by this magnet in that one spot where it sits around the fuel line. Wouldn't this build up some kind of blockage in that one spot over time? Then, if you ever decide to remove it, it'll release that big blockage as one big chunk of rusty metal into the injectors, possibly clogging it up.

Do you agree/disagree?

GeNoZiDe
08-09-2003, 02:06 PM
well if n e metal or crap passed thru that area with or without the neo mag thing will clog up the injectors LOL

irrational
08-10-2003, 01:01 AM
unlike most magnets this one has nothing to due with its attraction to metal. read about it here. http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?cat=2&id=889&prodID=EFfBcCc%5E%60%3Fa%5Dd%40%5F

irrational
08-10-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
thinkin of pickin it up
but i really want the V-AFC 2 which works with i vtec :) its hard to say if it works well or not. i put it on at the same time as a few other products. i have heard that it was dynod and yielded 5hp. but...iono bout that. for 100+ dollars i think that the money could be better spent.

tgrasshopper
08-11-2003, 02:58 PM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=fuel+magnet

;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33551&item=2427413449

After all this discusion it's a god bolt on mod?

soniccar
08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
you've got to be kidding. This thing has been sold in JC Whitney since 1960 (I recently saw the catalog from that year). It's called the fuel atomizer. They also have some piece of crap that you can buy that goes around your filter that acts like a fuel atomizer/supercharger. Yeah, it'll give you more HP alright. It was designed and marketed when cars were 300+ cubic inches... in the 70s, the cars ran so bad, anything would help them, including spitting on the intake manifold to cool it (true story). They ran at 4-5 psi of fuel pressure. Do you think this thing is going to do anything at 30-60psi?

Or, maybe that guy who made the corral castle developed it in Florida, then it MUST work.

Bottom line, you can get a Craftsman tool magnetizer/demagnetizer (complete with thick bands) and place it around your hose for $8.00. Guranteed forever.

irrational
08-12-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by soniccar
you've got to be kidding. This thing has been sold in JC Whitney since 1960 (I recently saw the catalog from that year). It's called the fuel atomizer. They also have some piece of crap that you can buy that goes around your filter that acts like a fuel atomizer/supercharger. Yeah, it'll give you more HP alright. It was designed and marketed when cars were 300+ cubic inches... in the 70s, the cars ran so bad, anything would help them, including spitting on the intake manifold to cool it (true story). They ran at 4-5 psi of fuel pressure. Do you think this thing is going to do anything at 30-60psi?

Or, maybe that guy who made the corral castle developed it in Florida, then it MUST work.

Bottom line, you can get a Craftsman tool magnetizer/demagnetizer (complete with thick bands) and place it around your hose for $8.00. Guranteed forever. where is the link?

S800Racer
08-12-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
thinkin of pickin it up
but i really want the V-AFC 2 which works with i vtec :)

Go for it. I've heard that it will give 5hp, improve your gas mileage, add inches and stamina to your love life, give you a full, youthful head of hair and burns fat while you sleep.
;);)
Or it may be just a bunch of hype :D