PDA

View Full Version : easiest intake install?

phatfreeza
07-20-2003, 08:54 PM
just like the topic says! i want this to be my first DIY!!! i was thinking either aem cai or injen race div cai... but if either require too much work...then maybe you guys can suggest something else? the extent of my shop skills is limited to say...changing a flat? so i'm not very good with cars...so sue me :mad:

j/p... help me out people! i want to be able to say... "i did that!" :p

chubbychu
07-20-2003, 09:01 PM
well any install that doesnt involve jacking up the car and actually doing some HARD work ie motor mounts, springs, motor swap. is usually pretty easy.

Bolts on range on a scale of 1-10 from 3-6
i cant say for a Cold air...but my Ebay intake was SUPER easy. the hardest part was looking for a clamp i needed to hold the vacuume tube on. lol
after you get over the fear of taking apart your stock intake...the rest is down hill.

as for COLD air...the only difference is i *think* you need to get into your bumper. Which can be a pain but not tooooo bad.

there are lots of DIY instructions at k-series.com and itll make everything a lot easier.

Blackapino85
07-20-2003, 09:49 PM
i have the hks sri and i must say that the install was easy. imo, anyone can install this intake with no trouble. the hardest part is removing the oem airbox (easy).

phatfreeza
07-21-2003, 12:26 AM
cool! i think i will take a visit to kseries.com and see some DIY's :) hopefully i can install it with no problem

GeNoZiDe
07-21-2003, 11:46 PM
with the CAI u gotta take off ur inner wheel liner on ur drivers side then cut some plastic off after u some how manage to wiggle the pipe under the battery, which is easier to do if its removed

not to hard though
header install is more of a bitch
but SRI would be super easy

Dunrick
07-22-2003, 06:36 AM
Icebox is a easy cai install I guess. AEM was sort of a hassle, but still.....Its just a intake. It wont be that hard.