PDA

View Full Version : What do your tires look like for the amount of miles you've got?

ep pilot
07-21-2003, 12:36 AM
My car came with 18" Tenzo's and Nitto's right off the showroom floor back in November 2002. Those where on my car for two weeks, only after I busted a rim on a storm drain, basically bending the RT/FR lower control arm and blowing out the tire.

Since then I have replaced the wheels with a set of brand new Honda O.E. 15" six spoke Enkie's and Pirellis 205/55 series. My car now has 15.5K on the clock since the new rubber was installed, and my front tires are about 50% and my rears that used to be up front are now about 15% basically almost bald.

I am thinking I will either be replacing them with Dunlop Sp9000
or Bridgestone Potenza RE750's.

-Ryan

stubbs
07-21-2003, 12:40 AM
I put my Nittos on in the rear in March and I need new ones already. I had the SP9000's, they were terrible I would steer clear of them.

cbecker333
07-21-2003, 06:02 AM
I have 17000 miles and I'm still on the stock wheel/tire combination. I've rotated the wheels twice since I got the car, still have about 30-40% tread left on all 4.

LedFoot
07-21-2003, 01:42 PM
does your suspension also play a part in the tire thread?

chunky
07-21-2003, 01:46 PM
lets see, stock tires went up to 30k completely bald. like NO tread at all.

yokohama avs es100's are on track to do about the same. i've got 17k miles on them and they're just a little past 50% worn front and rear.

cbecker333
07-21-2003, 01:55 PM
sorry, not related to thread, but how do those yokohama's work in the snow chunky?

stubbs
07-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Chunky's from Georgia, I doubt there is very much snow if any(depending where he is) down there. And test reports never really mean much anyway.

natesi
07-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
My car came with 18" Tenzo's and Nitto's right off the showroom floor back in November 2002. Those where on my car for two weeks, only after I busted a rim on a storm drain, basically bending the RT/FR lower control arm and blowing out the tire.

Since then I have replaced the wheels with a set of brand new Honda O.E. 15" six spoke Enkie's and Pirellis 205/55 series. My car now has 15.5K on the clock since the new rubber was installed, and my front tires are about 50% and my rears that used to be up front are now about 15% basically almost bald.

I am thinking I will either be replacing them with Dunlop Sp9000
or Bridgestone Potenza RE750's.

-Ryan

LOL!! Well damn man! As much as I see you racing people in the "on the road" forum, I'm not a bit surprised you have wasted so much rubber.

:p :eek:

chunky
07-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
sorry, not related to thread, but how do those yokohama's work in the snow chunky?

snow? huh?

;)

there typically isn't any snow down here. the tires are awesome in the wet/dry. but i can only imagine they'd suck it in the snow. they don't have enough grooves to do much in the snow. Plus, i've only had 'em since like feb or march, so they haven't even really been driven in the cold.

JBS02
07-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Wore front OEM Michelin MXVs down to wear bars by 9000 miles. Did not rotate tires as Honda recommended tire rotation every 10,000 miles. Dealer replaced fronts as a gratuity, not with MXVs, but with Cooper Chargers (T-rated and suck). They're about half worn with 5500 miles of use.

NemesisITR
07-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Put about 8000 miles on my Azenis and had to replace two of them already. Probably going to have to replace the other two after I replace my rotors, since I just burned thru my front pads and grooved my stock rotors at the last TMS session:angel: :D

ep pilot
07-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Chunky, how do you like the Yoks and what exact size did you get? I actually am cinsidering those also possibly ADVANS but want a liitle more driver feed-back?

Also my wear isn't really from peeling-out so-to-speak, I just really love on ramps and off ramps, I rail em every chance I get if nobody else is riding with me;)

Also those Charger T's can't be any worse than my Pirelli P4000 Super Touring, these are the worse tires I have ever owned, no adhesion in the dry, fatal in adverse conditions, and doesn't clean up well or look good either.

-Ryan

chunky
07-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Chunky, how do you like the Yoks and what exact size did you get? I actually am cinsidering those also possibly ADVANS but want a liitle more driver feed-back?

Also my wear isn't really from peeling-out so-to-speak, I just really love on ramps and off ramps, I rail em every chance I get if nobody else is riding with me;)

Also those Charger T's can't be any worse than my Pirelli P4000 Super Touring, these are the worse tires I have ever owned, no adhesion in the dry, fatal in adverse conditions, and doesn't clean up well or look good either.

-Ryan

I went with 225/50/15. it's the perfect size for me.

The tires are an excellent street tire. very forgiving at the limit, and excellent wet performance. Also, they don't overheat as easily as some other high performance tires (azenis - they have a horribly narrow temp range).

they're the best bang for the buck tire right now IMO. the 225/50/15 only cost me like 82-83 bucks.

NemesisITR
07-23-2003, 02:11 PM
My Azenis got too hot on the track and started separating!!!

87gn
07-24-2003, 01:32 AM
i dont own a ep but i went threw 8 sets of tires last year and im on my 3d set this year. cant wait to kill the new 275-60-15 drag radials when they get here in the mail:D

LordKoo
07-25-2003, 08:57 AM
My stock tires still look new! Rotated them every 8k miles... got 16k miles now.