PDA

View Full Version : garage door opener button installed

Black 02 SI
07-21-2003, 06:57 AM
got the switch from http://www.tselectronic.com/gc/switches/35_457.html
thanks to Blastech, he's the one who found it. it comes in black or red I chose the red. I mounted the opener in the dash and soldered the wires into the opener, he also has a way to do it without soldering go to this thread http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17359. went in with no mods at all just popped it in, works great. I also mounted a cell holder to my dash as well, and have the rsx knob on too.

hamproof
07-21-2003, 07:04 AM
Hey, looks good! Does the cellphone get in the way of your thigh? I've my cellphone mounted right of the rear defrost button. Makes it hard to see the LCD but voice dialing helps.

http://www.shackspace.com/~poppasp1ce@shackmail.com/ep_images/dash_sm.jpg

BlasTech
07-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Looks great! I was wondering how the red would look. I'm glad it all turned out. :cool:

Black 02 SI
07-21-2003, 04:01 PM
nope, I have never hit my thigh yet on my cell phone. thanks for all the comments.

ragebomb
07-27-2003, 10:39 AM
I called up the company with the button (http://www.tselectronic.com/gc/switches/35_457.html
) and gotta tell ya, the guy on the phone said there was a $10 minimum purchase (understandable) but was super rude about it. Damn, talk about customer service - he acted really annoyed that I wanted to give him my money to purchase a product, the NERVE! Anyway, I ended up placing the order online instead for the button, we'll see if it gets here or if the guy vetos my order. :)

chubbychu
07-27-2003, 03:28 PM
wait you mean on the phone there was a min order? because i ordered on the net and got away with it...i think? :dun dun dun:

ragebomb
07-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Yep, confirmed. On the phone, the guy said there was a $10 minimum order.

So I went to the guy's website, and it didn't mention anything about a minimum order. The site took my credit card info, confirmed my payment, etc.

Just placed the order a few days ago so let's hope the guy ships it!! :)

BlasTech
07-28-2003, 08:12 AM
For my order, I called and talked to a guy about the product, then ordered on line the next day. Though I chose airborne express or fedex ground, they chose to send it USPS since it was just one item. The charge was a few cents less, but I was too excited to have my button to care anyway.

I havent found anyone else carrying this particular button online, yet, but I;m sure its out there.

ragebomb
07-31-2003, 08:56 AM
I just got my switch in the mail. They sent it via USPS Priority. Everything is in order and it was packed well. So yep, order it online, don't order over the phone. $10 minimum does not apply for online orders. :) I will install it this weekend. Yahoo.

ragebomb
08-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Welp, I installed the switch this weekend. It was a breeze. I thought I would have to make adjustments to the switch to make it fit but it snaps right in and is snug with no problems.

Removing the silver panel around the shifter was the only hairy part. Had to gently get a screwdriver in there to pry the top corners out once the bottom snaps had come undone. Pulling too hard will just bend the panel!

As for wiring to the remote, I didn't solder, nor did I use the electrical tape tecnique. I wrapped the wires tightly around the remote's switch leads (that are soldered to the circuit board).

Later

BlasTech
08-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Nice,

I made a little mark on mine the first time I removed the shifter console too, but fortunately, after the first time, the clips will give way easier in the future.

Black 02 SI
08-07-2003, 10:20 PM
I found a little trick to get the console out. all you gotta do is push in on the shifter boot enough to get your fingers behind, and give a easy pull, pops right off with no marks at all, give it a try. also to get the top of the piece out without breaking anything, put your fingers behind the plastic to pull out.

Civicvtec1ps
08-07-2003, 11:15 PM
heh tahts simple mod. i like it!

DumbNewB
08-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Just wondering is that Valentine1 in your car and if it is... How do you like it and is it worth the 400 dollars?

Thanks

hamproof
08-27-2003, 05:33 AM
About the V1, let's just say, if mine broke today, I would buy another one. No question. When I bought it back in 99, I was skeptical. But it has been great driving with it. Mind you, you can't escape laser. None of the detectors can help you much anyway. But with K and Ka band, it works great w/ the directional arrow and bogey counter. And the remote display is the best compared to what Passport gives you on the cigarette adapter display thingy.