PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the seats

Zero Three Si
07-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Hey I was stupid this weekend.....got drunk at the bar....drove home and pit stopped at Taco Bell.

I NEVER EAT IN MY CAR....PERIOD

Well since I was wasted....I spilled a chili cheese burrito on my seat.....What should I use to clean it off?

BlackNRedSi
07-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Drinking and Driving is BAD! :)

anyways, i have no idea what to use on these seats, i am just chiming in to see what people reply

Zero Three Si
07-21-2003, 10:35 AM
I know EATING and driving is bad and all you flamers can start ripping on me but i don't care....lol

I just wanna know what to clean our SUADE seats with.

jerky
07-21-2003, 11:11 AM
i think our seats are alcantara, a suade copy that can get wet. if this is true then use some soap and water.:)

oh and i am guilty of eating in my car as well. dude, my gf even lost a skittle in my car and when i found it 2 months later it was trampled and in bits and pieces stuck between the carpet and a body panel, YAY. it is still there.:D

JLannoo
07-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by jerky
i think our seats are alcantara, a suade copy that can get wet. if this is true then use some soap and water.:)

Yep just try water if that doesnt work use a mild soap. Our seats clean up super easy and are pretty stain resistent.

LASI02
07-21-2003, 12:18 PM
My friend hurled(I was slightly pissed) in my car after a long night of drinking and he told me that Shout Wipes worked really great and now I can't even tell. Oh yeah don't let your friends ride in your backseat after mixing.

Zero Three Si
07-21-2003, 01:49 PM
I knew I should have got a Toyota Tacoma.

I love cars with two seats...then you can't give anybody a ride....lol

Thanks for the advice guys!

siver-SI
07-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Dumb question but is there anything in the owners manual about this? I am to lazey to get out to my car and check but that is what first came to my mind on how to clean them.

Zero Three Si
07-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Dumb question but is there anything in the owners manual about this? I am to lazey to get out to my car and check but that is what first came to my mind on how to clean them.

What's up with all the assholes on this website? I see it all the time when people ask questions, there is always one guy who has to sound smarter then the rest of us.

siver-SI
07-22-2003, 07:20 AM
i am sorry I did not mean to sound like an ass hole. I was just asking if there was anything in the manual. i had never thought about this probelm of cleaning the seats till i was reading throught this and i was just thinking if the owners manual had any help on this.

Zero Three Si
07-22-2003, 07:31 AM
my bad....maybe I got too defensive.....i apologize.

Surprise
07-22-2003, 05:33 PM
What is considered to be "mild soap"? Dishwashing soap, car wash soap, hand soap, I have no clue.:confused:

sniperSI
07-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Everytime i clean my car i use a damp towel and wipe the seats down and a dry one after that. works fine by me 30,000 miles and the seats look new

greenguy
07-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Two weeks ago went and saw T3 and got popcorn with butter. Well the shit leaked out the bottom of the bag and got on my shorts, no biggie. I got to my car and like a stupid moron who isnt thinking I set the bag down on the passanger seat. Well long story short the butter oil shit leaked out on to the center fabric part of the seat and stained it.
Got home screaming and the wife pulled out a bottle of "10 second stain remover" I tried it on my shorts first and it worked. Spray on, let dry, stain is gone!
Try it on the seat and sure as shit the stain and smell is GONE!
I dont know about the alcantera part, but on fabric, I now swear by the stuff!

SmoothOperator
07-22-2003, 06:37 PM
You guys ever try Oxy Clean? I use that shit at home for EVERYTHING...carpet spills, stains in my clothes, etc etc. And it works like a charm everytime.
It's rather mild and consists of completely biodegradable components. I think it'd be safe for our seats.