PDA

View Full Version : Canadian GFX Kits Discontinued As Parts...

JSIR
07-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Just got word from my parts guy today that GFX kits are not available, they are listed as discontinued at the present time. Up til last week we could get all we wanted, but its no longer like that today.

He thinks that the kits were brought in to sell as new models off the showroom , they only brought in a certain number of kits. But guys like me ordered them as parts for previously bought Civic SiR's which they didnt anticipate and that may have caused supply problems for them. So as of today they are not available as parts.

Dunno how they intend on servicing the US market if they can't even supply a small country like ours.

My parts guy is going to keep trying , but the official word is they are not available right now.

To those who snoozed, well you know the line.

If I get any updates I'll pass them along.

Joey

Brettnyt
07-21-2003, 12:13 PM
WTF, why????? Maybe it was misinformation? Hopefully? Damn I want that spoiler...

dchu
07-21-2003, 02:41 PM
@#$$%!!!! :mad: Honda hates the U.S., damn you canucks for taking all the kits. j/p :D

IceD out N CALI
07-21-2003, 03:00 PM
what a pisser

JSIR
07-21-2003, 03:36 PM
well two things. Firstly it sounds like the US is going to get the kit based on a post by someone on this board. But I guess the kits are to be designated to unsold vehicles on the lot to be introduced as a sport model package. Guys with used Si's are not supposed to be buying the parts. They kinda goofed and let me buy the two parts for my car as they didn't expect that to happen.

Maybe the US guys will make the same mistake, so as soon as you see them in the US have your parts guy order them for you , you might get lucky. Secondly, if they get their supply shortage straightened out they may have extra parts to sell to guys like us. But for right now all kits are on hold until they get the supply problems sorted out and designated to unsold vehicles.

Joey

TheMutt
07-21-2003, 03:45 PM
We were kind enough to buy the cars w/o the kit in the first place, I don't see why they can't return the favor and just sell them to us loyal Ep fanatics.

what a pisser

IceD out N CALI
07-21-2003, 04:40 PM
well right now JSIR looks like u lucked out. more power to ya:)

soniccar
07-21-2003, 06:55 PM
...or tell them to keep their ugly kit and, instead, send us a letter saying, dear ephatch owner, we are so sorry we sold you a Short Bus. Please accept our apologies. For a limited time, come into a Honda dealership and for only $5000 installed, we will replace your ugly wheels with FP wheels, install a color matched CTR kit, and install a 200BHp RSX-S motor and give you the factory warranty.

What will we do with all the EP motors? The wife's EX could use it, of course.

Can you believe how the kit wraps around the turn signals? I've seen better kits at JC Whitney. This is crap. And how much? $2800? Oh, wait, they have to install it, not you... $5,000 then.

siver-SI
07-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Well I know at my dealer have them looking for me and if the part does come avalible in the US they will let me know. I just hope they keep the part number the same since that is what my dealership is going off of. What I am wondering is if the part number has changed to a full kit part number and that is why the seperate part numbers are getting dicontinued.

Jester
07-22-2003, 07:27 AM
got my wing about a month ago. It was supposed to go on a car on the lot at the dealer..haha
They sold me the wing because they figured they could get another one easily enough..haha
car is still sitting in the lot without the kit on it...haha

wing looks damn good on my car.

ATRIOT
07-22-2003, 10:07 AM
All Kits are allocated to new cars, my parts guy has been saying that since the beginnig, what you can do if you really want one is to work out a deal with the dealership, where you buy the kit off a person who is about to buy a new SiR but dosent want the kit for whatever reason. Offer him/her a bill or something. -Good Luck

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Good thing I just ordered mine for $280USD from a Canadian dealer.

If anyone's still in the market, just start calling around. There's still a few for sale in various factory colors.