PDA

View Full Version : XenonDepot.com did me right

bigcase
07-21-2003, 02:00 PM
for any of you wishing to blow a fair amount of dough, get some HID's. god damn they rock! i do alot of driving at night through some back woods areas of east texas and these lights made the trip so much easier. its like a night and day difference over regular lights. sooooo much clearer. it brings that old song to mind. dont worry, i dont sing.
BTW - i opted for the 6000K kit, cuz they hooked me up. (they were out of 5K kits at the time)

downhil
07-21-2003, 06:02 PM
pics now please....

and sell me your old bulbs!

sounds saweet.

word...booty
07-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Please take some pics with some different angles

bigcase
07-23-2003, 12:08 PM
im gon try to do that today. (pics that is)

downhil - you terd. jk i kinda want to keep my bulbs in case something goes wrong at night. always gotta have backups. if you had my luck, youd keep a backup everything.

chubbychu
07-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by bigcase
im gon try to do that today. (pics that is)

downhil - you terd. jk i kinda want to keep my bulbs in case something goes wrong at night. always gotta have backups. if you had my luck, youd keep a backup everything.

including CAR

bigcase
07-23-2003, 01:54 PM
took some time from my busy schedule to take some pics, but the digicam i was using sucked, so i will try again tomorrow.

02TafWhtSi
07-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Nice choice! Now lets see em' :p

LordKoo
07-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Where are the pics man???

StrangeShadow
07-26-2003, 08:47 AM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15994&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

here are some pics

bigcase
07-28-2003, 07:32 AM
i have to find a camera, but today people, today. i promise...

bigcase
08-11-2003, 08:31 AM
i am having some problems with my system. my left bulb started flickering last night and this morning the bulb itself is not coming on. i am going to have to call xenondepot and find out what the damn deal is. ill keep everyone posted. i hope i dont get screwed on this deal.

bigcase
08-22-2003, 11:11 AM
ok, so i had a faulty bulb. had to send it back to them and now im waiting on the thing to get back. came up on some polarg super yellows though. theyre tight.

JDM_Si
08-22-2003, 01:00 PM
I just received my xenondepot 4100k kit the other day. Where did you mount the ballast and control box? I read the install that Type X did, but I was wondering if there are other places under the hood. Also, can the ballast and control box withstand the engine heat? Any help would be great!

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-27-2003, 08:47 AM
how much are this hid kits n are they easy to install

StrangeShadow
08-27-2003, 10:55 PM
check out the xenondepot.com site, they have a step by step install of type-x's car.

are these kits universal?(incase I want to sell my car and keep kit for the next one) or are they made for a specific car?

2k2_nbp_egg
09-02-2003, 10:00 PM
They're universal as long as the next car you put em in has H4's. Anyone got an email addy i can send a pic to? Btw, they help out night driving a shit load.

StrangeShadow
09-03-2003, 11:21 PM
They're universal as long as the next car you put em in has H4's
ah! what does that mean? hehe define H4's =/
thanks

2k2_nbp_egg
09-04-2003, 12:00 AM
H4 is the bulb...hmm....designation. Dunno if it's judged on size or what, but I can use the same H4 bulb in my friend's mitsubishi 3g eclipse that I can in my car.

Email addy anyone? I would myself but i'm too much of a computer tard :(

bigcase
09-04-2003, 10:03 AM
ok people, so heres the latest on the friggin defective bulb saga. i sent them my defective bulb about two to three weeks ago. i heard nothing from them for a week and a half and i sent them a few emails inquiring about the status of the return. someone named Itay replied saying that it was sitting at the post office for a week and that they had to go pick it up. ??? anyway, now i havent heard a thing for a week and a half, i cant get anyone to answer the fucking phone, their voice mail box is full, and they wont return my god damn emails. im really pissed off. i spent a grip on this kit and now i cant even use it!!??? WTF?????!!!!!!! i have enlisted the help of Type X, so hopefully he can get somebody to call me back of something. people, i am so mad right now i dont know what to do.

2k2_nbp_egg
09-05-2003, 12:07 AM
:eek: :eek: Shit bra I hope this doesn't happen to me........are you back to running the stockers? Because after driving so long w/ em' i find it really hard now to drive cars that don't have bright ass bulbs. Anyway, the only shit I ever got from em' was that they completely turned off one time I was driving at night, and I couldn't get them to turn back until I stopped, turned the whole car off, and then they came back on. Other than that...I've been pretty problem free actually *knocks on wood* Maybe something that you did or didn't do in the installation? Has type-x had any problems?

bigcase
09-05-2003, 07:22 AM
mike (type x) helped me finally get thru to somebody over there. turns out that steve, the customer service guy, was out of the country for a couple weeks. but that still doesnt tell me why nobody would even pick up the phone. i know they dont have just one person answering the phone over there. anyway, i just got an email saying that they were sending me out a replacement kit next week. crisis averted. although i was getting really pissed, i am over it now. i was just freaked out about spending that money and not having something in return. i just felt ignored. hell hath no fury like a carguy with no mods. or something.

StrangeShadow
09-06-2003, 05:14 AM
hell hath no fury like a carguy with no mods. or something.
lol :D

bigcase
09-23-2003, 01:53 PM
ok, e-peeps, after one whole month, i finally received my replacement bulb in the mail. i have em back in and they work fine. but i swear ta gawd, if these fuckin things mess up again, im sending the whole kit back and demanding my money in return. still, no substitute for HID at night. NONE, period.

p.s. - XenonDepot, i aint mad at cha, just not completely satisfied with your customer service. you guys need someone to answer the phone and return emails. hire me, ill move to toronto. heard they got lax laws on the reefer up there.

StrangeShadow
09-23-2003, 10:39 PM
heard they got lax laws on the reefer up there.
rofl :D pot heads every where you go!

bigcase
09-24-2003, 07:11 AM
now all i gotta get is my hondata'd ecu back tomorrow and im good to go.

and on the pot law thing, its not just the lax laws, its the mentality of the people. they realize that the stuff is nowhere near as dangerous as, say, drinking and driving. any other drug will fry your ass really fast, pot just gives your brain that slow burn, til you cant remember shit. where am i?

prracer617
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
well i jsut got my hid got the 8k lol they ok but im not a hundred percent sure if you suppose to lose you high beam??? they mounted my power packs in the hollow space in the fenders one was bolted dow other was zipped tied cause they were lines in the way the little power packs were bolt to the raditaor frame part of the car

prracer617
10-01-2003, 03:04 PM
If you really want to trick them out the best place to put them but it takes time to do is extend the wiring buy some wire from radio shack a solder gun and some plastic heat wrink and solder the wires longer and heat wrink the plastic so it make no contact with water and remove the fenders and bolt the power packs to the inside frame run the wire out the holes in the side the mini pack you can put in side the car...it will look extra clean and also prevent theft cause where i live they jsut pop your hood open and yank them out if you dont got them bolt down right....its mad ghetto in BOSTON..my boys rsx got yanked a complete weeks ago he already went through three kits lol what a dumb ass lol ....but i love mine jsut wished it had a high beam

ep pilot
10-09-2003, 07:32 PM
So whats the deal with HID sales? I havent called XenonDepot yet, but I live in Cali, want these babies, but have heared they aren't selling them anymore? WTF their web site is still up, theres nothing on the site saying they aren't selling them anymore? http://xenondepot.com/index2.html Anyone else know or here about these kits? Also I'm looking to get the 4100K series, anyone have these or a pic of what they look like?

Thanks Ryan

2k2_nbp_egg
10-09-2003, 10:15 PM
American vendors have shut down. Xenondepot is in canada :) I posted some crappy phone pics in the "questions about xenondepot" thread, but when i make a page on member's rides when i get some more mods i'll def. use a high quality camera to capture them...the phone doesn't nearly do them justice, all though you can still see the crazy color changing properties and mad brightness. The 4100K kit should look pretty similar...

rofl pot heads every where you go!

What?!!! *looks at avatar* what are you taaalkin' about man...y-y-y-your crazy....your crazy but i like you man.........but your craaazy :banana:

bigcase
10-10-2003, 07:12 AM
yeah XD.com is still selling them due to their location. eppilot, go ahead and get yourself a set, you wont be sorry.

dude, that freakin avatar is hilarious. what were we talkin about again.

ep pilot
10-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah don't trip, I e-mailed XD and they said no problem to ship to California. I think I'm going to scoup these up qwick.

-Ryan

bigcase
10-21-2003, 12:06 PM
man, im pissed. my left bulb is acting up again. it wont come on when i turn the lights on, but if i leave them on for a while, sometimes it will flicker on and stay on. i can turn them off and back on again and the bulb will come back on no problem, but if i let the car sit for a while or overnight, turn the lights on and the left bulb wont come on. what the hell!!! im tired of this crap.

nozomi
10-26-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by bigcase
man, im pissed. my left bulb is acting up again. it wont come on when i turn the lights on, but if i leave them on for a while, sometimes it will flicker on and stay on. i can turn them off and back on again and the bulb will come back on no problem, but if i let the car sit for a while or overnight, turn the lights on and the left bulb wont come on. what the hell!!! im tired of this crap.

could that be a faulty ballast actually?

bigcase
10-27-2003, 08:07 AM
checked everything out. pulled ballast and switched em, then bulbs, then control boxes. turns out its one of my control boxes. the first time i switched em around, both lights came on, then one went off. jiggled the control box, the bulb came on. so at least i now know what the problem was. gonna send it back and get steve to send me a new one.

2k2_nbp_egg
10-27-2003, 09:23 AM
Good...I still haven't had any serious problems w/ mine yet. I still really wanna see your hondatafied HID EP sometime bish :)

bigcase
10-27-2003, 09:29 AM
i'll let you see it. we just need to get a texas meet together sometime. did you read blastechs "testdrive" of my car in the rate and review forum? go check it out if you havent.

2k2_nbp_egg
10-27-2003, 06:41 PM
*jealous* Nice man, I honestly don't know why I haven't gotten it yet. That probably would have been a better birthday present than HID's, but its a lil more and I don't think my mom could justify 600 bux on improving my performance / having my car knocked out for a few days. I could always lie and say the main thing it does is improve mileage, but I don't think she's that stupid :sadm:

p.s. we do need to do an all texas meet. personally i don't see a nation wide ep meet go down...just settle for an all texas one in austin or somethin':smilem:

bigcase
10-30-2003, 01:58 PM
well, i got me another control box in the mail from steve up there at XD.com. he was good enough to send me out a new one without me having to send the bucked up one first. they really are some good ol boys. so im back to pimpin the hids again. i love being able to see shit at night.