PDA

View Full Version : 2003 civic si prices/ Integra LS

NewCar
07-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi, i am in the market for a new car, preferably the civic si 2003. I went to paragon honda ( NYC ) this afternoon and they gave me the price of 17,500. I was thinking to myself, this guy must be jerking me, i heard prices are in the 15's and 16's. So I am going keep shopping around, but i think 17,500 is relatively high. Then, on the other hand, i saw an integra LS 1999 with 30k miles for 13k, so i want to know if I should jump on that deal or keep shopping around. Also, im a noob, but would the civic si kill the integra LS by a lot?

BlackNRedSi
07-21-2003, 06:07 PM
people have gotten their Si for 15-16 cause they worked down the sales guy....if u go in there and talk with him, just choke him down...

Dunrick
07-21-2003, 06:08 PM
yes. i gobble up stock ls

even if they got i/h/e

gobble gobble

ep pilot
07-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Dude a stock '99 LS is like Vanilla Coke, I would try to find the more coveted GS-R sedan, or possibly a '94 or '95 GS-R for around $6K-7K. I got lucky a few years back and found a used '91 Integra GS that was already 10 years old and only had 35K on it, I bought that car for $5k and it was worth every penny.

I think You would be a lot happier to start with an Si even with it's 160 h.p. K20a3 it's still 20+ on the 140 B18 with the LS, yeah, yeah I know the Integra is lighter, but you will love the low-end grunt from the K20 a lot more;)

-Ryan

JBS02
07-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Yes, the new Si would easily kill the non-vtec (140 hp) Integra LS in a drag race. Also, the 2nd gen RS/LS Integras don't have as much suspension travel - tend to bottom out.

redronin22
07-21-2003, 08:16 PM
why buy used? when u can get such a badd ass deal on the fat lil pig we all love known as Civic SI?

IceD out N CALI
07-21-2003, 08:58 PM
if u go with an integra, be sure to buy private party so u can get a good low mileage one for cheap. if u go with the ep, shop around. there are killer deals out there

spydur
07-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Have you checked out the earlier 2003 EP Price postings on this Forum? See:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17339

as an example, then do a search for other similiar postings.

Try to find a dealer that has several Si's on the lot. When negotiating, remember that you are in charge and be willing to walk out! You should be able to find a new 2003 Si for $16,500 or less. You may have to do a little research and check out some dealers in other metro areas. But, the deals are out there if you are willing to do some work!

Also, remember that HONDA is offering 1.9% financing on new Civics - at least until July 31st. This financing can save you as much as $1,600 over the life of a 60 month term loan when compared to normal market rates. Negotiate the price first - then request the financing.

Good Luck!

blueiedgod
07-22-2003, 04:38 PM
I would only go to Paragon if you are prepared to be raped in the behind with no vaseline. Paragon also owns White plains honda. They were a bunch of scum bags in 99 when I was out to buy my first brand new car. Since you mentioned Paragon, I assume you are in Queens, or at least in NYC area.
Paragon can give you a really good price, as long as you watch out, they will sneak in some pinstriping, window etching, fabric protection and paint protection packages on you. They also, were tyring to force me to buy extended warranty for $1600 in order to qualify for Honda financing (back in 99, 3.9% was really good rate)

Anyway, if you are an experienced car buyer go ahead, just be mentally prepared to walk out on them. Do not set your little heart on taking the car home that night, no matter how much they want you to take it that night.

I have had good experice with D&C honda in Tenafly, NJ, and Fair honda in Danbury CT. I heard good things about Mawah Honda in Mawah NJ, Brewster Honda in Brewster, NY and Mount kisco honda in Mount kisco NY.

In fact go online to www.honda.com locate the dealers and e-mail them asking for their best price. E-mail all of the dealers you would consider going to. Some will respond, some won't. out of all that replay narrow down to the best price qoutes and start playing them against each other. I was able to snatch mine for $14,500 before taxes and fees ($15,500 out the door) financed $15,000 at 1.9%, now my payments are like $250/month. The negotiations took a little over 3 weeks, but it was well worth it.

Oh, by the way, if you are in the 5 boroughs you insurance is going to kill you on the Si.

Good luck.

p.s. feel free to ask for advice, I have bought a few new cars, and kind of know what to expect.

mental
07-22-2003, 05:59 PM
i comes down to personal preference... i would say get the LS... those b- series are tried and true i have on bad thing about the trannys nor the motors... another thing is.. i got my ass handed to me on the high way by an LS with i/h/e, chipped, and type-R throttle body... plus i can almost garuntee that ls will always out handle an EP....