PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust "burble"?

02TafWhtSi
06-21-2002, 04:09 PM
Is it me or does the stock exhaust have a slight burble to it, almost aftermarket-ish, in the lower revs? If I keep my engine around 1700 - 2500 RPM in first or second gear I get a consistent deep tone from the muffler. Is this Honda's intent or could mine be cracked somewhere? - Its not LOUD or anyhing just nice and mellow. Comments?

xlr8
06-21-2002, 05:01 PM
yeah thats how mine is too, the guys at king thought i already had exhaust. i still want something louder, but i dont want to get pulled over for it

iR-VTEC2
06-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Same here. its very sexy. hate the 1 5/8" pipes tho : /

SpacemanSpiff
06-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Yep, mine does it too. Cool sound but not too loud. I like it. Does anyone know of any aftermarket exausts that look the same as stock, sound the same, but give better flow? I really like the stock exaust tips and don't want something that would be too loud either, I also would need a deep sound, no chainsaw sounds for me.

ApexinSi
06-21-2002, 08:42 PM
I like the classic "dual" exaust pipes the new si has. I'm not going to touch mine, I think they look good stock. I've noticed the deeper roar in it also....one of the issues the previous si's had probs with.....honda has been doing their homework.

HondaMan
06-21-2002, 10:42 PM
Yep, I've noticed the same thing...it sounds very nice. I just wish it was a little louder and more noticable above 2000 RPM. I think I can live with the stock muffler for now, but maybe something better will come out that looks and feels like the stock one.

Mulder
06-21-2002, 11:32 PM
It may not add as much HP as a full cat back system, but what I did was as a 2 1/4" pipe from the cat right to the stock muffler. Just a little louder and pulls a little harder on top end.

Busta J
06-22-2002, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
Yep, mine does it too. Cool sound but not too loud. I like it. Does anyone know of any aftermarket exausts that look the same as stock, sound the same, but give better flow? I really like the stock exaust tips and don't want something that would be too loud either, I also would need a deep sound, no chainsaw sounds for me.

This is exactly what I want. Looks stock, a hair louder, and better performance.

2002HatchSi
06-22-2002, 07:22 PM
i love the low growl of the exhaust.... it sounds great.... but a greddy will sound alot better :D :D :D :D