PDA

View Full Version : headlight conversion

blymyst
07-22-2003, 12:50 AM
this is directed to anyone who has done, or had a friend who did a HLC READ!!!!!!The headlihgts are a part of the hood design and bumper!!!!!!!!!!!!

such as Katheryn Gallagher im only using her as an example cause i seen she is on here with the civic w/rsx lights

My question is what bumpers/ hood do you buy????

My guess was you buy a civic hood and kit, and then modify them to fit the headlights????

any help is appre.

Myst
:p

Zigen5
07-22-2003, 06:19 AM
To tell you the truth, if you want a RSX front end, everything will bolt right on to the Si. All you need is the bumper, headlights, and both fenders. I was thinking about doing this, but just don't have the time yet... :D

EP3racer
07-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Zigen5
To tell you the truth, if you want a RSX front end, everything will bolt right on to the Si. All you need is the bumper, headlights, and both fenders. I was thinking about doing this, but just don't have the time yet... :D

Wait, if this is true then couldn't u just buy any aftermarket bumper for the RSX and it will fit into our EPs? u need the fender and headlight too right?.

Zigen5
07-26-2003, 06:12 AM
You got it.. I've seen a couple of people do it before... :D

IceD out N CALI
07-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Zigen5

how do you know? cuz although it looks similar it seems like it would require some extra work to make it work

evilep3
07-26-2003, 06:08 PM
I havent heard anything about some one pulling this off... but i would love to see it if it is done :cool:

Kathryn
07-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure about the placement of the RSX parts on the Si. But as for a typical non-bolt up conversion....you would want the hood and fenders of your car, not the headlights type of car. Any kind of conversion is not easy, so make sure you have a skilled body shop to do the work. After my personal experience I would not recommend anyone do it to their car.:p