PDA

View Full Version : My cheap and easy amp rack

rgGolf4
07-22-2003, 07:23 AM
I will be installing two amps shortly, and wanted to clean up my trunk space. So I made an amp rack out of aluminum U-channels. The other amp is being delivered today (same brand, but bigger than the one pictured). The Sony sub does its job, so I guess I'm pleased with it, although I will probably step up to soemthing nicer...looking at an Infinity Kappa, an Alpine or JL.

http://webpages.charter.net/rggolf4/amp-rack.jpg

The U-channels are nice cause you can hide all the wires. Its a cheap way to mount amps and have it look halfway decent.

oogy-boogy
07-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Neat idea.......

You can always mount it under the seat......Looks like it would be a pain if you had to fold your seats down?

Also, lend your ears to a Kicker L7.........They sound great in our hatch even moderatley powered. My 10" actually sounds great.

If I can remember correctly you're local right? If you'd like to hear it let me know....

fsugatorbait
07-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Looks great, good idea with the channels. We need to get a little meet together sometime, I think we are the only ones in the CT/MA area.

Jpax
07-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Not bad, good idea if you mount it to the strut towers you get 2 uses out of it. ;) j/k but thats great.

oogy-boogy
07-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Min EP meet sounds like a plan....

rgGolf4
07-23-2003, 05:48 AM
I live in the Springfield area. The rack is only mounted using two screws. And using the "tube" design allows some usage of the seat/hatch area. You can still pass things through the spaces in the tubing...of course larger items would be harder to carry.

I'll check out Kicker too.