PDA

View Full Version : Am i too Anal

ATRIOT
07-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Ok so the EP is my first Brand new car and i expect it to be perfect off the line. Well i just noticed that the passenger side door doesnt quite sit fully closed as compared with the drivers door, the difference is noticable but its only mabey .010" out. I pretty sure this is the cause of the slight wind noise in the cabin coming from the passenger side, im planning on taking it in to get fixed, is this too anal? whats the smallest thing you guys have taken your car in for?

BlasTech
07-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Mines exactly like that, too. Though I'm also anal retentive, I wouldnt get fixed, because of the nightmare stories I've heard about messups when dealerships try to align body seams.

ATRIOT
07-22-2003, 10:33 AM
I described the problem to my service guy and he said it was just a matter of adjusting a screw or bolt, i dont really think thats the case after looking at the hinge but im taking it in regardless, i'll post back after they "try" to fix it. I dont really have that much confidence in them after they installed the factory alarm and used probabley a 1foot piece of duct tape:mad: instead of electrical tape on a wire splice in the steering colum were the LED goes. Now the plastic piece around the ingintion keeps popping up in, i could fix it myself, but fuck thats what the warrentys for right?;)

audomatik
07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
my floor mat didn't have hooks to keep it still.. i got that fixed and now i noticed the stickers on my vents are coming off... the full white circle and the empty white circle... gotta go in today about that...

LedFoot
07-22-2003, 01:00 PM
The panel under the glove compartment popped out a few weeks after I got my EP. I was gopnna take it in... but I decided to do it myself. ;)
But a friend of mine who just got an Accord sedan said she had some stupid lil problems like that when she took her car form the dealership too. I hope Honda is not slacking off on this stuff. They may be little things, but c'mon, they're Honda. We may be spoiled as Honda consumers, but c'mon, they're Honda.

Steve02Si
07-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Ok so the EP is my first Brand new car and i expect it to be perfect off the line. Well i just noticed that the passenger side door doesnt quite sit fully closed as compared with the drivers door, the difference is noticable but its only mabey .010" out. I pretty sure this is the cause of the slight wind noise in the cabin coming from the passenger side, im planning on taking it in to get fixed, is this too anal? whats the smallest thing you guys have taken your car in for?

.010"?????? You do realize that's 1/100th of an inch, or about a quarter of a millimeter! If you notice that, you should be working for NASA or something. :rolleyes:

ATRIOT
07-22-2003, 01:26 PM
it is noticable, and it is creating wind noise, i might be a little off on the .010 thou estimate though, hey its not a domestic so panel gaps and tolerances should be to spec, which i dont think they are. Ps, i used to work in tool and die and we machined to tolerances of .005 + and suface ground steel to tolerances of .0005, so yes to me .010 is noticable.

BSEVEER
07-22-2003, 02:12 PM
If you worked in a tool and die shop and understand tolerances than you understand stack up also. I think .010 on an assembly such as the door on a car is pretty damn good. If they said it could be adjusted then go for it, let them fix it.

icegrill
07-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Just remember what happened to me and a fellow member when we had "minor" things repaired on our new cars. Both of us ended up with one whole side of our silver car's being refinished. I was so anal about it I traded the sob in, for an 03' and lost a little over a thousand dollars so consider how much it bothers you before having work done on it.

ATRIOT
07-22-2003, 03:16 PM
We'll see on friday, i'm due for a oilchange, hopefully everything will go well

idrive
07-23-2003, 07:36 PM
you guys are crazy...
thanks to you guys i now noticed it and its annoying the crap out of me...

as for the white circles near the side air vents? those have been buggin me every since i test drove the car... so just peel them off... they look out of place on the all grey dash anyways...