PDA

View Full Version : realease date for jrsc

styllinep3
07-22-2003, 11:08 AM
well i just got of phone with jr, and they said first week of aug. they will be relasing our 2 systems.

one race system that comes with the retuned hondata ecu and 8g rev limiter and larger fuel injectors around 4gs. its 206 hp at the wheels, with no mods so there room for more.

the second is a street system for about 3gs. this system is totally street legal and requires no other engine mods. its like 178 hp at the wheels with no mods. so this one has more cablties too. i spoke with hondata and asked if u can still retune the ecu and raise the rev limiter and they said yes it can be done.

sorry if this a repost but i havent seen it. i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrippZ
07-22-2003, 11:12 AM
numbers arent impressive

neither is the price

but I sure as hell would pimp it 8-)

thanks for the info

styllinep3
07-22-2003, 11:16 AM
ur right a little high for the #s but its everyday drivable totally street legal and its still cheaper then any turbo kit out and theres no mantience . 2 year 100,000 mile warranty. you cant beat that. plus the name jr stands behind it. imo. well ur werlcome to

g

graham
07-22-2003, 11:16 AM
hmmm ... well I hope the street price is a little more reasonable. $3K for 178 at the wheels is a no-go in my books ... and $4K for the upgraded kit is rediculous.

The greddy kit putting down 210 with big-time tuning capabilities at $2800 sounds about right to me.

Graham

02NITEHAWKSi EP
07-22-2003, 01:00 PM
:p <--- STUPID = ME.

Doesn't a supercharger require a rebuild after so many miles?

What type of maintence does one do to a supercharger, to a turbo? People really don't mention maintenence costs for these on a car. Some maintenence is expensive enought yet alone with other things to add to it.

Just curious if anyone got answers.

dchu
07-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Eaton superchargers, what JR uses, don't require any maintainence. The hardware that goes with it will though. You'll probably want to slightly adjust the belt tension every oil change, but that's about it. Well it's good to change the belt out around every 15k miles.