PDA

View Full Version : Wheels stolen

gtaSiR
07-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Well, I knew it would happen as soon as I moved to an apartment. My wheels got stolen sometime last night or early this morning. I was just on my way to my car to go to work and to my surprise... I find my car on blocks.

I can't let this happen again so after talking to the police and the insurance company, off I went to the dealership to buy some wheel locks... funny thing was that on their lot was a civic on blocks too... all four wheels were also stolen.

Anyway, I'll post my sad pics as soon as I get my film developed... sorry, I don't have a digi cam yet.

Now I'm driving a rental... a Grand Am... oh I miss my baby. :mad:

golferjn
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
sorry to hear about that man. hope you get replacements soon

JLannoo
07-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Stock wheels?

RacingCivicSi02
07-22-2003, 04:56 PM
sucks
where are u located??

jason
07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear about that man, but if someone wants something they are gonna take it. What state do you live in, I think this is the 1st time I've heard about someone getting there wheels ganked by some criminal a@# hole!:(

BSEVEER
07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me and I know it's a terrible feeling to see your car up on blocks. I called the police and they sent out a cadet to take the report. This moron walks up to the car on blocks and says "Where did it happen?" All I could do was point. Anyway that really sucks. It doesn't really matter that you moved to an appartment though, when it happened to me I was living with my folks and it was parked in the driveway about 10ft from the house.

DynaSpeed
07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm sure you're already gonna do this, but make sure you keep an eye on people selling Si wheels around you on ebay, and whatever.

siver-SI
07-22-2003, 05:01 PM
That sucks man. I do not know about the Honda locks though. For some reason I never trust a OEM security. I would take a look at some after market.

Spidey
07-22-2003, 05:04 PM
wow, i can't believe someone would want our wheels. They're okay, but I wouldn't think worth stealing.
good luck, you should tell your insurance that you had the factory performance wheels

IceD out N CALI
07-22-2003, 05:06 PM
sorry to hear about that. hope u catch the thieves

gtaSiR
07-22-2003, 05:14 PM
JLannoo: Yes they are stock wheels. Only extras on my EP are tint and aftermarket fogs.

Let me tell you that I've heard of this lots of times but until it happens to you... :mad: !!!

RacingCivicSi02: I'm in Toronto... well just west of it anyway.

It was so painful to watch the tow truck guy setup his "contraption". They didn't have any spare steelies so he improvised on how to tow my car into their shop. I was so worried that it wouldn't make it... an hour later, I got a call that my car made it to their shop in one piece.

They said that it'll be approximately $4000 (CAD) to replace the stolen parts and fix the damage done. See, my car was only on two blocks... so I guess they were seesawing my car or something and did some damage.

Thanks for all the kind words... I really hope I get her back soon.

yakov456
07-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Damn, I never thought someone would steal the stock rims, you got me worried now.

SiRman
07-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Sucks to here.

errrr
07-22-2003, 06:02 PM
mine were stolen the other day, from a apartment in kingwood and i had to do the same thing. Your rims are 250 a piece without tires so tell ur insurance comp that and u can get very good rims for that price. This in fact happened mon morning so this shit is happing all over

mike

Whoisray
07-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Assholes!!! If there was a time to be evil, now it is. Man, I hope those bastards die in a fatal car crash.

streaker666
07-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Sorry for your loss...

Oh man, I'm in Toronto too...I'm going to lose a lot of sleep hearing this!

ApexinSi
07-22-2003, 06:34 PM
daymn dood.. are you serious... I sure as hell wish someone would steal my wheels... I think they are hidious, much rather jack the 99-00 wheels.

02TafWhtSi
07-22-2003, 07:17 PM
sorry to hear that man - not muh else feels worse than being ripped off :'(

evilep3
07-22-2003, 09:09 PM
i am so sick of hearing about people stealing shit... we all need to be vigilanties and kick some ass.... sorry about the rims man :'( but, i know you would love a bat and 1 hit per rim on the jerk who took them...

blackyEP3
07-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Yicks, I better go run and get some wheel locks to keep my ugly donuts on my car. The last thing I need is some added expense!

I think some guy on the Canada section had some 02 OEM rims before.

Damn. Those thieves must of been desprite.

Sorry for your lost!

ep pilot
07-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey man look on the bright side, the O.E. Wheels are like $300 a piece plus prob $140 each for the stock Michelins.

$1760 man buys you a nice set of aftermarket 17" or some really nice 15" or 16" and good rubber. Take the ins money and cash out and find some nice wheels.

Also check to see if the blocks damaged your underbody, some parts of the floor and underbody are not designed to hold the weight of the car.

-Ryan

crex2nr
07-22-2003, 11:35 PM
sorry to hear about your loss :(

DX4U2NV
07-23-2003, 01:05 AM
that blooooooooooows. but i don't know why you all are ragging on your (i don't own an Si) stock wheels. i think they look pretty nice. especially for stock. if i get a new car, i'm gonna have the most sensitive 2-way alarm imaginable on it. maybe i'll get the "Big Black Guy Named Bubba" system. heh heh heh. forgot where i heard that. anyway, go after that insurance cash man. you pay them, now it's their turn to return the favor..

gtaSiR
07-23-2003, 04:58 AM
I was just speaking with the cops and apparently there were lots of cars found on blocks yesterday. Looks like it wasn't just some punk kids...

So to any of you guys/gals that park outside and don't want your wheels stolen... be warned!

I hope my insurance rate does not go up :( I already have to cough up the deductable... the thing I hate is that I try and save money so I can buy something for my baby and then something like this happens. Now there goes the money and all I get is what I already had.

Dunrick
07-23-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm trying to sell the stock wheels, and let me tell ya, they dont sell too easy. The thief is a retard for risking his neck for some stock 02si wheels....

2QK4U ALLWAYS
07-23-2003, 08:38 AM
GTA is the worst for this my old car had it's wheels stollen I got new one's and the bastard stole them the same night I got them now that was bad so I had one claim the next day I had another and a week later the car got stollen completely and stripped and recovered two days later with just stock parts all my goodies were gone now that's a bad feeling the insurence company thought I was connected somehow the 3rd time around and all it was, was a lousy HYUNDAI Accent

RiceCzechs
07-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Sucks, man... sorry to hear of your loss. I had a previous car broken into at my (then) apt. as well, and the feeling of violation is incredible... it'll take a long time before you approach your car without that twinge of fear, provided you stay at that place. My car even had an aftermarket alarm, glass breakage and switches and everything, and the @ssmunchers still got everything (punched out the doorlock, got under the hood, cut every wire in sight).

My brother gave me a set of his old OEM Honda wheel locks, but I've been lazy and haven't put them on (I've got stockies also)... your story is some incentive to get off my duff...

Best of luck, and hope you get some cool aftermarket toys for your trouble...