PDA

View Full Version : Hondata on the way ... wooo!

trk
07-22-2003, 05:38 PM
So, my car is in peices and the hondata 3 day box is in the mail.... I cant wait... Hondata on the way!

I couldn't find a really good how-to on here... if anyone has any questions about the removal of the immobilizer and/or ecu, hit me up... It was a little tricky but not too hard, more than the 10 minutes they say, more like an hour... but I'm a complete amateur at this shit.

:eek:

DyNastySi
07-22-2003, 08:23 PM
cool...cant wait to hear the review

Question...does everyone have to send their ecu's to hondata themselves? Cause on the hondata website it says theres a vendor nearby. Does it juss mean that there juss gonna send it to hondata for me or can they do it themselves?

trk
07-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
cool...cant wait to hear the review

Question...does everyone have to send their ecu's to hondata themselves? Cause on the hondata website it says theres a vendor nearby. Does it juss mean that there juss gonna send it to hondata for me or can they do it themselves?

You have to send your ECU in... I used a local dealer. If you live in SoCal there is about 2 places that can flash it ... a honda/acura dealer that hondata lists on their website and hondata themselves.

kenis138
07-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Dealer is just a middleman who processes order, sends you the shit, and gets his commision;)

PM OldSiMan, thats who i went through:D

!@#$%
07-23-2003, 09:07 PM
for those with hondata that are scared of floating a valve because we don't have double valve springs or whatnot.....we can use the skunk2 ti springs and retainers for the B series engines. People all over Clubrsx are using them. Weird that the B series springs will still fit the k series. I'm not complaining. If I get hondata, I will upgrade my valvetrain as well.

kenis138
07-24-2003, 05:21 AM
is it necessary to do this though?

trk
07-24-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
for those with hondata that are scared of floating a valve because we don't have double valve springs or whatnot.....we can use the skunk2 ti springs and retainers for the B series engines. People all over Clubrsx are using them. Weird that the B series springs will still fit the k series. I'm not complaining. If I get hondata, I will upgrade my valvetrain as well.

wha?

Is this really a problem just cause of hondata?

Im getting the ECU back to day (3rd day)... cant wait.

redronin22
07-24-2003, 07:02 AM
I've had almost 10 k with Hondata on my ride an its still going strong.

!@#$%
07-24-2003, 04:11 PM
its not a problem at all. hondata works perfectly fine by itself and you should have no worries by revving it that high. I'm just a paranoid bastard face. that is all.

im not sure if we could use the toda valvesprings. they might be for the type s only.