PDA

View Full Version : Head unit or Rear Speakers?

Black03Si
07-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Which would be better to upgrade first, the H/U or Rear Speakers? I guess a better question would be, is the H/U in more need of an upgrade or the stock speakers?

siver-SI
07-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Get a new head unit and some front speakers. Then go with the rears. I got new speekers and with the OEM H/U I can get to about to the 6th volume bar before I hear distortion. I think it might be because of the head unit and not having dyno mat or anything in the doors or by the rear speakers. My vote is front speakers first then H/U and then rears. I just got all my speakers at once since I got them at a year end close out.

SiR Medic
07-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Change the rear speakers first!

They are really the weak point in the whole system. I changed mine for some Pioneer 2-ways and couldn't believe the difference for well under a $100.

Yes, I do plan on adding a sub and changing the Head unit, but rear speakers are a cheap and effective way to make things better.

BarracksSi
07-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Depends on what YOU want to hear...

If you're looking for more power, change the head. If you're looking for more definition from the rear, change the rear speakers.

Me? I'll change the head first, because I actually like how the stock speakers keep a front stage. I still haven't decided what kind of speakers I'll replace the rears with, whether I'd put in coaxials (better clarity) or midbasses (maintain front stage).