PDA

View Full Version : Bride vs. Recaro

dustinhurley
07-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Bride and Recaro seats run about the same price. Bride is huge in the JDM aftermarket, but Recaro is huge in providing OEM stuff. Do you think Bride seats are worth the money? For some reason, I get the impression that they aren't as nice as Recaro seats. Specifically, Bride Ergo vs. JDM EP Recaro. The EP Recaro is a different model than what has come in previous Civics and Integras, and I can't seem to find a price on them anywhere. Best I've found for Bride Ergos is $850 each, excluding rails. Do you have any first hand experience with Bride seats, or do you have any input at all? Thanks.

http://store3.yimg.com/I/ntnsracing_1736_3487635

http://www.fizzautosports.com/images/jdm/jdm_honda/ep3/jdm_ep3_seat_B.jpg

-LAW-
07-22-2003, 08:30 PM
bride ...

civic hatch boi
07-22-2003, 08:31 PM
recaros :) but i'm all about oem jdm. wutever

dustinhurley
07-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Actually, I think the 30th Anniversary Type-R seats are only available from Honda at a price around $2000 each. And good luck finding these seats used. I'm not sure of the exact price, but I know its super high.

Mugen_EP
07-22-2003, 08:46 PM
I got really lucky with my seats and I love um.:D They are so perdy:p

Just look how the extend out;) wohooo!!!

Mugen_EP
07-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Another angle...:p

Got them off E-Bay for $1800 with rails. Look and smell brand new.

Brettnyt
07-22-2003, 11:15 PM
fug yeah, those recaros are tizight

Suk02Si
07-23-2003, 02:17 AM
Bride is pimp:)

Dunrick
07-23-2003, 07:46 AM
Those Recaro's grab you more than our stock ones? They looks pretty close....

Mugen_EP
07-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Those Recaro's grab you more than our stock ones? They looks pretty close....

It's a little tighter but not by much. If you are looking for seats to be autocrossing in I would recommend something else. These seats are great but you could get something more functional for the price. I just wanted the JDMness of them:D

Makross
07-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Either, cant go wrong

jerky
07-23-2003, 09:45 AM
either seat you choose i am sure you won't have a problem with. the "30th ani" recaro seats are recaro sports, yeah? so you should be able to get them like any other recaro right? anyway i sat in some sports and they are pretty comfy. our seats are just as good. the srds make me feel fat they hug your thighs so much and your upper body stays put, they are awesome. i've never sat in brides before, i'd love to try them out.

i have a question, why spend all this money on seats that weigh as much if not more than the stock seats? buckets are like 20 lbs plus lighter than our stockers. unless of course you want the reclineablility, but then you have your stockers for that. i dunno, sounds kinda like a waste of money to me. and i am not some cheap hater or anything. i think the red recaro/bride seat looks hot, but if i am gonna spend money on my interior it will be on buckets. gotta get rid of weight where you can i guess.

dustinhurley
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Mugen_EP, I forgot you had these seats. You got stupid lucky on that deal.

I don't really like bucket seats. Not as comfortable and not practical for daily driving. I use my back seat occasionally. I want Recaros or Brides just to be different than all the other Si's. Our seats are really nice, though. Its more of a show thing than anything. I won't be able to afford seats for a few months at least, though. I like to plan far in advance.

ShowstoppersUSA
07-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Yo! Go Bride! Are you looking for the Brix or the Ergo? I never really noticed a difference b/t the two, just that the Brix are more expensive. We are a dealer of Bride, so if your interested hit us up at the shop (818) 243 0954. Last time I checked, EP3 brackets and sliders were in stock!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

RacingCivicSi02
07-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

Looookksss Goooddd:p :p

J-SpEc Ep3
07-23-2003, 10:35 PM
those recaros are only for the 30th anniversary ctr but i agree and think that if u go for seats u should go with bride...they are GODS in the jgtc and the diff between the brix and the ergo is that they have diff shoulder pads and thigh supports

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 08:36 AM
Yo! Go Bride! Are you looking for the Brix or the Ergo? I never really noticed a difference b/t the two, just that the Brix are more expensive. We are a dealer of Bride, so if your interested hit us up at the shop (818) 243 0954. Last time I checked, EP3 brackets and sliders were in stock!
Yea, what the last guy said, The BRIX should parts and bottom seat parts stick out mure=more support. A lot like the seats in the srt-4, try sitting in the srt-4 seats and then our oem seats and you'll throw a B%$#% fit about how little support we have.
OH YEAH GO BRIDE!!!! and pay 50 bucks more (900) for the BRIX over the ERGO, it'll be worth the more support, as soon as I get the $$$ I'm getting some red ones!!

recaro=oem jdm
bride=jspec/jdm aftermarket

that's like saying hmm...do I want stock seats...or after market seats...:D ...I'll let you decide. :p

SinisterCivicSi
07-25-2003, 12:37 PM
DAYUM those recaro's are all of that. Mugen - your car is schaweet man.:p :p

tony speed
07-31-2003, 03:58 PM

It's a little tighter but not by much. If you are looking for seats to be autocrossing in I would recommend something else. These seats are great but you could get something more functional for the price. I just wanted the JDMness of them:D

i heard the dc5 ITR seats grab real well....but since i can't test it for myself, i don't know how true that is.

StrangeShadow
07-31-2003, 04:15 PM
plus I think the itr seats are a little different than the ctr.

02TafWhtSi
07-31-2003, 04:27 PM
I really like our OEM seats. Stylish and very supportive. It would be a waste to upgrade if you aren't showing your EP imo.

StrangeShadow
08-01-2003, 01:07 PM
i love them too, but for my size...xxx small little kid looking guy...they don't support me all that good, I sat in some srt-4 seats and they were much better in support, but cheaply made...our seats were actally made BIGGER than the jdm oem ones, cause us westerners have a tendency to be A LOT bigger than those little japanese guys and gals...all the fast food :p

redronin22
08-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Only seats id consider swapping out for is some bride/recaro carbon fiber buckets. whew pretty penny, beautiful seats... cuck holla at me =-):p :p

J-SpEc Ep3
08-12-2003, 01:35 AM
well if anyone leaning more toward the bride side jus wanted to let everyone noe that they came out with a few new seats. (brix2, ergo2, artis3, zeta3, pros) theres prolly a couple more that came out but they havent updated the official site. but if u wanna buy emm at a reasonable price go here (http://www.raretrick.com/index1.asp?Cat=190&Page=2&NoOfRecords=)
well thas all folks

ssvr6
08-12-2003, 06:18 AM
Are the 30th CTR's the same as the SRDs?

Steve

BlackNRedSi
08-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
I really like our OEM seats. Stylish and very supportive. It would be a waste to upgrade if you aren't showing your EP imo.

Agree 100%....

or unless your back cant take the stifness of the seats, thats another thing...but i wouldnt blow 1800 on a set of seats....

some would tho...i wont get them, but ill drool over MugenEps! :)

where you live MugenEp?! :) can i snatch up those seats and your Real Mugen wing?! :)

Nice pictures!

Eric

Mugen_EP
08-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi

Agree 100%....

or unless your back cant take the stifness of the seats, thats another thing...but i wouldnt blow 1800 on a set of seats....

some would tho...i wont get them, but ill drool over MugenEps! :)

where you live MugenEp?! :) can i snatch up those seats and your Real Mugen wing?! :)

Nice pictures!

Eric

I live in Cali and you can come pick them up when ever you want. Just leave $3000 on my doorstep:D

super_si_45
08-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Sparco Torino

period.

StrangeShadow
08-15-2003, 11:16 PM
well if anyone leaning more toward the bride side jus wanted to let everyone noe that they came out with a few new seats. (brix2, ergo2, artis3, zeta3, pros) theres prolly a couple more that came out but they havent updated the official site. but if u wanna buy emm at a reasonable price go here
thanks for the enfo...those new zetaIII look awesome, i just saw them in a mag at the store.

spoon_ep3
09-10-2003, 08:22 PM
i prefer the recaros over bride even though bride seems a little more desirable. recaros are german quality.

StrangeShadow
09-10-2003, 10:36 PM
and bride is japanese

MUSASHI
09-16-2003, 10:48 AM
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/seat/srd.asp

check these out. Recaro SRD , picture is in red, these guys have it only in black , for $499 or $599 , but I'm sure you can find it in red if you dig hard :D

I love bride , I love JDM OEM Recaro from CTR , but for the price difference, I might go with these. Or just do some red Alcantara inserts ( like on S4) on your stock seats and door panels.
Just my 2 cents
Peace

BlasTech
09-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Another arguement for swapping seats is to get the harness ability and the weight savings (like 60-80 lbs depending on the seats) as part of a comprehensize weight reduciton plan (not as the single weight reduction measure).

But also remember that STS class in auto-x only allows swapping in a fully reclining seat. If you get a non-adjustable, you will be kicked into the hard-core modified classes.

Im partial to the 30lb momo RS2GT's.

I heard our EP stock seats are something like 70lbs each, can anyone confirm?

StrangeShadow
09-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Another arguement for swapping seats is to get the harness ability and the weight savings (like 60-80 lbs depending on the seats) as part of a comprehensize weight reduciton plan (not as the single weight reduction measure).

But also remember that STS class in auto-x only allows swapping in a fully reclining seat. If you get a non-adjustable, you will be kicked into the hard-core modified classes.

Im partial to the 30lb momo RS2GT's.

WOW thanks blastech. They would have to be some pretty good seats that add major hp j/k for me to even try to hang with the evo' and wrx' in the class above sts.
-I was thinking of getting some bride pros, cause you can get them for like 500 each, but last night I reclined my seat back to get some sleep and thought, nope, if I ever get some after market seats they need to recline.

BlasTech
09-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
They would have to be some pretty good seats that add major hp j/k for me to even try to hang with the evo' and wrx' in the class above sts.

Buckets would even skip that class (STX) and send you up to the (SM?) class with the turbo'd crx's and stripped out miatas, etc.

StrangeShadow
09-16-2003, 02:59 PM

Buckets would even skip that class (STX) and send you up to the (SM?) class with the turbo'd crx's and stripped out miatas, etc.
:eek: I mean :confused: that would suck, just cause my seats. probably nock me up to th class wth all the old dudes in the vettes over here lol.

StrangeShadow
09-17-2003, 11:12 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=229490#post229490

Mugen_EP
09-18-2003, 08:20 AM

When I shipped my stock seats to Pax via UPS each box with rails weighed about 32lbs. So about 70lbs for both is still high since mine were in shipping form when weighed.

A stock seat with rails is about 27-30 lbs.

hth.

BlackFL2k2Si
09-19-2003, 01:37 PM
I don't see the point of the upgrade, other than show obviously, but I would go with Recaro.

DownTheHatch
09-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Mugen_EP, you are a true pimp with those JDM recaros.

evilep3
09-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Mugen_EP, you are a true pimp with those JDM recaros.

i agree.. :p

StrangeShadow
09-21-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by BlackFL2k2Si
I don't see the point of the upgrade, other than show obviously, but I would go with Recaro.
weight reductin, plus better support for us smaller guys. :D
The USDM seats were made for bigger ppl, sinse usdm ppl are usually more sogey around the mid-section...fastfood...i guess, and japanese guys are usually smaller...I know I slide back and forth in my seats when taking corners, and would really like more support, they look great but don't function worth :confused: for me :eek: :'(

seattlecivic
09-21-2003, 08:58 AM
yeah, I don't like sliding back and fourth in my seats. I rode in my friends 2000 Impreza with JDM STI Seats and boy!!! Those bad boys hold me in! So I wish I had JDM ^_^ I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

potator
09-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Bride > Recaro

vivid blue Si
09-27-2003, 10:50 PM
which shift knob is that? it looks like my rsx optional but with red
lettering?

prracer617
10-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Well my friend im about the biggest jdm nut you will find and anyone who knows any thing about jdm crap knows that the ep3 type r seat from recaro are going for 2000 dollars a seat with out the cost of the brackets .....i called every distributor from west coast to eat to even canada and all say brand new 2 grand ....bride will runn about 850 a seat but both are good seat jsut depends on how deep your wallet is..........

Mugen_EP
10-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by prracer617

Who were you talking to?:confused:

MrCivic03
10-01-2003, 03:20 PM
hey mugen where u get ur from??? the look so hot man props... so u get ne go fast stuff yet?

StrangeShadow
10-01-2003, 03:20 PM
how much did you pay for yours mugen_ep...the 2000 a seat sounds like...crap...yeah...considering I've seen 2 for 2000 including brackets.

Mugen_EP
10-01-2003, 03:26 PM
I got mine from E-bay. Aerospeed had imported a CTR and had put a pair of their own seats in so they sold the Recaro's. I got them for $1800 with the rails.

and I'm saving now for a turbo but after seeing Port's video its hard to not go with my original plan of the K20A swap.

StrangeShadow
10-01-2003, 04:21 PM
a turbo sounds cool, but I would rather go all motor too, w/a k20a itr.
...we can't pass smog in cali w/a k20a itr...so is it possiple to fake it...like take in someone-elses ep3 and change plates and stuff? I know a guy with a truck that does something like that, and finding a stock ep3/legal wont be hard here. =)

Mugen_EP
10-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Well I also know a couple places where you can bring in a full drag car and you can pass. Of course it will cost $200 but its the easiest way I have found.

Civicvtec1ps
10-01-2003, 04:40 PM

shiet. seats looks awesome!!

StrangeShadow
10-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Well I also know a couple places where you can bring in a full drag car and you can pass. Of course it will cost $200 but its the easiest way I have found.
stay on their good side cause I'm gonna hit you up if I ever get a swap or cn turbo. :D ;)