PDA

View Full Version : painted interior everything

GeNoZiDe
07-22-2003, 10:13 PM
well my car is almost finished its interior paint job to match the exterior airbrush
hehe everything is BLUE and White w/ blue pearl
doors, quarter panel, full dash, etc

i ll post pics friday or something :D

my02si
07-23-2003, 07:03 AM
Please do, I am intrested to see what you did...

Ocelaris
07-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Yeah, me too, I am repainting the console and door handle "silver inserts" and/or anyhting that is silver with the Nighthawk Black Pearl touchup paint with my airbrush, but still learning howto use it. How did you paint the softer dash areas? Like it seems to be like rubber? I'm trying to go for an all gloss, kinda like it was fiberglassed... any help would be appreciated.

my02si
07-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Ocelaris
Can you post pics as well? Thanks, Josh

IceD out N CALI
07-26-2003, 09:06 AM
cool, i'll be waiting for the pics

StrangeShadow
08-07-2003, 11:30 PM
puttng on riot gear...and my budy's on call fire/anti-flame suit...as I wait in anticipation for pics. :)

Ocelaris
08-07-2003, 11:57 PM
heh, I've been putting off painting my trim pieces because my CO2 tank managed to blow off all it's gas :-( But I got it refilled this week, moved upto a 20 lb tank, so should be good to go. Maybe this weekend I'll make another go at painting :-) Bill

GeNoZiDe
08-09-2003, 09:33 AM
my car got rear ended a few days go, so i doubt i can get the pics up soon its at the body shop again! :(

Makross
09-16-2003, 12:12 AM
pics arent working

Speck
09-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Take Two

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p40be57127e9ec11183d57b1348698ea2/fb13a914.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p11ee00189ad7a36081b52a7f82e5b9ce/fb13a922.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pd414ea7ab663bd4f5bbec08eccd85b18/fb13a92c.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p0ef2fac8722d441ba4bda418452e1806/fb13a933.jpg

-=speck=-

StrangeShadow
09-16-2003, 01:34 PM
are your guages black?

Ocelaris
09-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Thanks Speck, It's my first time using seperate hosting, and apparently those links are screwy...

The gauges are regular looking, but the lighting is all white. as is everything but the LCD on the headunit which I can't change. but everything else, console area, gauges, and headunit that could be changed is white from LEDs.

BarracksSi
09-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Daytime pics, too?

Heck, if we have a big meet around here I might see it in person -

Ocelaris
09-16-2003, 10:52 PM
There won't be any more pics until I get a chance to clean the car, it's hella dirty. those pics were snapped after I put the panels back in that night. It's been maybe 2 weeks, so I think I can wax the clear coat now. The door handle inserts are also Nighthawk Black Pearl instead of the silver. I just need to do the door lock, or whatever else is silver in the doors, can't remember exactly... gotta get rid of the orange and silver :)

02situner
09-18-2003, 02:19 PM
here is what i did with my interior
http://www.garlic.com/~jerrydj/mycivic/fun/MVC-005F.JPG

IceD out N CALI
09-18-2003, 02:23 PM
kinda dark and hard to tell. but some daytime pics would take care of that:)

StrangeShadow
09-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 02situner
looks interesing. Some red carpet/recaros/side panels would make it look great!

MrCivic03
09-18-2003, 04:27 PM
dude the guy with red i looking hot... what color is that i love it. and did u airbrush or get done pro? pure hottness.

02situner
09-18-2003, 05:08 PM
i will take some more pictures after i clean it up tomarrow. right now it is realy dirty.

StrangeShadow
09-19-2003, 01:22 AM
I thought of maybe doing that part around the guages silver, to match the center console, plus maybe the a/c vents to the right of the driver and left of the passenger, cause it just looks alittle off to me with only the center console silver,
maybe a silver/type-r shift nob would help.

02situner
09-19-2003, 12:35 PM
this pic is a little better
http://www.garlic.com/~jerrydj/mycivic/new/P1010074.JPG

MrCivic03
09-20-2003, 08:38 PM

dude u where at nopi nat.? if so i walked up to ur car when u where just chillin in a chair. if not well there is a exact copy of ur interior.

Ocelaris
09-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
I thought of maybe doing that part around the guages silver, to match the center console, plus maybe the a/c vents to the right of the driver and left of the passenger, cause it just looks alittle off to me with only the center console silver,
maybe a silver/type-r shift nob would help.

The whole point was to get rid of the silver!!! :-) heh, but maybe you have a silver car...

How would one go about getting a glossy surface on the entire interior of the car? like the dash, fiberglass over top?

StrangeShadow
09-21-2003, 02:48 AM
The whole point was to get rid of the silver!!! :-) heh, but maybe you have a silver car...
hehe yeah, my exterrior is silver =)

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-22-2003, 10:45 AM
how do u take out the gauge cluster i repainted my door handle n center console to a brighter silver

Ocelaris
09-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Just pull the black frame that surrounds the cluster towards you, there are two clips on top, and two clips on the bottom. Basically put your hands between the black "frame" and clear gauge cluster and pull towards you. Then there's 3 screws, two on the bottom, and one on top, you'll see them once you get that frame snap piece out. Then there are two wiring harnesses. I made a DIY at some point on howto charge the gauge LEDs, but it's yet to be hosted.

jereds02si
09-25-2003, 01:30 PM
What kind of paint did you use on the car with red. I just painted my center pieces red also but I dont really like the results. What kind of clear coat did you also use? And how many coats did you use on everything?

02situner
09-25-2003, 06:08 PM
i used a spray die from the local auto maint store. it was called flamered i think. i put about 8 coats of paint then i used a spraycan clear from the same manufacturer.it is made by a company called SEM . i put like 5 or 6 coats of clear on it. you have to use a plastic prep before you start painting it. and you should put hte first couple coats on real light, or you will get alot of runs.

shimmy_yaz
09-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Nice interior I so gotta get mine finished now. How hard were the door handles and lock to get out?

Si3
10-14-2003, 09:57 AM
who ordered the uncle bens? HUH!?!?
one minute nice, one minute rice.

-aj-

HK_EP3
10-14-2003, 10:14 AM
this pic is a little better
http://www.garlic.com/~jerrydj/mycivic/new/P1010074.JPG
DAAAMN! u went all out! definitely not my style, i think hte color is alright, but its just the quality of the paint u used, made everything looked cheap, and whats that on the floor mat, there are red stuff everywhere... just my five cent.....

mrfixit687
10-14-2003, 03:42 PM
red = hp!!!!!

eurosteez
10-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Advice from Great grandmother......

"u got to slowwww cook da lice....... it has mo flava dat way! You rush, you waste the whole bowl!!!!

02situner
10-14-2003, 10:26 PM
the quality of the paint job is good. the picks dont show it. you would have to see it in person and when i took those pics i hadnt {still havent} even cleaned it up there is tons of dust and stuff on it.

And for it being too rice.. how is it that by changing it from silver to red makes it rice. Not like i am running around with stickers all over the car from top to bottom big alumn wing and Stuff like that. I quess everyone has there opinion and i can respect that..

mrfixit687
10-15-2003, 12:58 PM
making certain parts of your car attentionwhorish with out performance benefit is rice

hernameis?
10-16-2003, 02:14 PM
so your saying that putting on a red dash kit that cost $200 because you cant stand the silver is rice?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ocelaris
10-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Just because you like the asthetics != rice (for those not C++ literate, != means does not equal)

those who are afraid of a little color, shove it.

If you blew $hit loads of cash for it, I'd complain, but cheap interior preferences, if it's not your car, no place to hate.

A balancing act of form vs. function is where it's at. To be on either side of the hate weight is defaming to the car's potential. if you wash your car, you're on the form side, so don't be that guy. If we all had the $$ to put into performance, we wouldn't have this car anyways, you'd have a porsche. So take it as it is, and accept that our vehicle is a balancing act of form vs. function, and some are on either side of the divide. Feel the love of the indeterminate. Yes, I've had 4 hefeweizen diese nacht(wheat beer this night), and it feels good :-)

That's my opinion.

Ocelaris
10-16-2003, 03:36 PM
oh, and though I wouldn't have done the red myself, it looks bad ass for those brash enough to tread those waters... nice job, looks stellar.

BarracksSi
10-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Hehe... amazing how clearly the mind thinks with some hefeweisen...

That's the gist of it, really.

I'll state my opinion of its looks first, and not again -- it's just not something I would do. But, I think it's just because of the color -- I might do black to match my car (or red if I had a red EP...) if I were to do this. However, this statement is just a matter of taste, and everyone's different. Thank goodness, or else we might all be driving black Si's (after all, it IS the best color! ;) ).

What I like about this job, though, is that you took the time to do it right. It's not just some hack job where you simply took off the parts, laid them on newspaper in the driveway, and covered them with spray enamel. All the prep work and extensive finishing will really help it to stay looking good for a long time.

Plus, you simply can't beat the bang-for-the-buck of an interior mod like this.

Funny -- I wouldn't do it to my car, but I like it.

eurosteez
10-16-2003, 06:33 PM
I Painted my spark plug cover and that other engine cover almost the exact same red. and I hate those dudes that Think they know the almighty definition of "rice". Many ways to cook rice ya know.

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
that looks sooooo good...i mean the black and white numbers....

would you be interested in making a white guage for me?! for like 30 bucks? that would be awesome!

sai_iii
10-16-2003, 08:59 PM
I have a question. How do you take off the door latch and the Lock/unlock switch?

Ocelaris
10-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
Hehe... amazing how clearly the mind thinks with some hefeweisen...

That's the gist of it, really.

Sometime when we have a DC area meet you'll have to see my black interior, It's a nice change of pace... course somebody already prolly said it, but I painted mine because I scratched through the silver, and it was either like 100$ for the console plastic, or 10$ for paint... either match the stock silver, or pick a new shade... matching an oem plastic... difficult.What some call rice, I call efficiency.

[QUOTE] that looks sooooo good...i mean the black and white numbers...

would you be interested in making a white guage for me?! for like 30 bucks? that would be awesome! QUOTE]

check the photochop section, some people were working on some new faces.

I don't think anybody has produced an actual white gauge face... Or at least if you're referring to mine, the whole white numbers thing is achieved by acetoning off the orange filter on back, and then replacing the bulbs with white LEDs. Search on my name, I did a DIY on it...

The whole process requires swapping bulbs for LEDs, soldering and some hot glue, cost me 5$ for acetone, and like 20$ for LEDs. It's like 5-6 hours of work to do it the way I did, not like the DIY, but not terribly difficult.

chubbychu
10-16-2003, 09:21 PM
havent i asked you to do it for me before?! lol...nah its okay...I dont wanna mess with the electrical crap...its too scary

oldschoolimport
10-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Ocelaris
I don't think anybody has produced an actual white gauge face... Or at least if you're referring to mine, the whole white numbers thing is achieved by acetoning off the orange filter on back, and then replacing the bulbs with white LEDs. Search on my name, I did a DIY on it...

The whole process requires swapping bulbs for LEDs, soldering and some hot glue, cost me 5$ for acetone, and like 20$ for LEDs. It's like 5-6 hours of work to do it the way I did, not like the DIY, but not terribly difficult.

I guess since it won't knock 3/10 second off your 1/4 mile time, some PUNKS might call it rice, I call it personal preference. as long as you make the payment and not anybody else, do what makes you happy. more power to you, you don't fit the cookie cutter! :mad: