PDA

View Full Version : mugen rep wing on ebay

Kwazie
07-23-2003, 12:40 AM
look what i found surfing through ebay Click Me (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33638&item=2424763516)

heh and its not even adjustable....:p hope the highest bidder knows that...

jerky
07-23-2003, 09:33 AM
that's yucky. and if the high bidder doesn't realize it then he is either a dumbass or someone that probably doesn't care either way because he is a wannabe.

ssvr6
07-23-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm sure that everyone that's buying the Mugen spoiler gets it for the adjustability. :o

I just can't wait to get my CTR replica wing on.

Steve

jerky
07-23-2003, 10:02 AM
if you are going to get a mugen-style wing you might as well get one that is capable of adjusting. if you don't then you are a bigger wannabe than all the other wannabes we have here on ephatch.

ssvr6
07-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Why? For all of those 150mph+ situations where extra downforce is needed?

:rolleyes:

Steve

David K.
07-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Someone on here has the replica wing I think. Maybe it was SinisterCivicSi? I can't remember. Anyway, who cares if it adjusts or not? Our cars do not even approach the need for adjustable aero, and even if they did, does anyone here really know how to do it correctly anyway? Probably do more harm than good, IMO.

Mugen_EP
07-23-2003, 10:47 AM
I can really feel the difference as I'm entering and exiting parking lots:D Before pulling into my drive way was a chore but now with the adjustability of my Mugen wing it is a simple task.:D

All joking aside I can seriously say I felt a difference going around the canyons.

And to "David K", there is only 3 adjustable settings so its not like it takes a brain surgeon to see which setting will increase downforce and which will be stable at high speeds.

jerky
07-23-2003, 10:49 AM
i AGREE that we don't need the wing, hence the wannabe statement. but if you are going to get a replica, you might as well get a good replica and if you don't then you are an even bigger RICER than the rest of them. that is all i am saying. i didn't want to have to use that word i hate how people throw it around.

again i would like to state that i understand that the mugen wing with it's adjustablility for all of us is pretty much NONFUNCTIONAL, so you don't have to roll your eyes at me. you were not understanding what i am saying.

Gasp23
07-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I say people should get what they want. If you are going for looks, then that wing is fine IMO. Otherwise, save up for the real deal.

SiR Medic
07-23-2003, 05:57 PM
My opinion on the Mugen wing is that it looks great... But only if you have a drop, 17"s, and some sort of aggressive front lip to balance it out.

I still prefer the CTR wing... Agressive, but not TOO agressive.

fongitis
07-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, I believe the mugen replica carbon fiber wing that is listed on Ebay is adjustable . I called the sellers and they verified this. I think it is very similar to the wing once sold by one of our vendors. If your interested, I think you should call them and verify its adjustability. I know for sure it is made for the CTR, thus, it must be modified.

fongitis
07-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Oops! Major Faux-pas....should of "click me" for the actual ebay item. I was referring to the Honda Civic Si Techno R Carbon Fiber wing offered by ebay@cyberbestbuy.com. I may be interested in it. Their phone # is 626-288-8825. It is an adjustable carbon fiber MG replica wing.

klik
07-24-2003, 11:44 AM
i have the mugen style wing the CF 1 by VIS. its full adjustable like the real one, i bouht it cuz i like the way it looks and the way its fuctional.
and i look damn good on my car.

StrangeShadow
07-24-2003, 02:33 PM
My opinion on the Mugen wing is that it looks great... But only if you have a drop, 17"s, and some sort of aggressive front lip to balance it out.
ditto, I've seen it on a silver ep3 with no drop, w/stock wheels and nothing else...and it didn't look that great.
BUT...I still want it:p sept I will drop my car, get other rollers, and ctr bump/mugen lip :)

SiR Medic
07-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Jeezus...

It's up to $176 already!:eek:

This thing will go for over $200 easy.

I'd rather spend the extra dough and get the CF or the "genuine" one.

fishboy
07-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

I'd rather spend the extra dough and get the CF or the "genuine" one.

you mean just the carbon fiber one, right?;)

SinisterCivicSi
07-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by David K.
Someone on here has the replica wing I think. Maybe it was SinisterCivicSi? I can't remember. Anyway, who cares if it adjusts or not? Our cars do not even approach the need for adjustable aero, and even if they did, does anyone here really know how to do it correctly anyway? Probably do more harm than good, IMO.

i wish i had a wing! anyone wanna sell me one cheap?? lol

BlackNRedSi
08-05-2003, 03:30 PM
what is the difference from the CF one and the one listed on ebay?

one is CF and the other is Fiberglass correct?

so..?

some dont like the CF look, so you get the other one and get it painted...becuase if you buy the CF one, you buy it for the CF look, not to be painted...

BlackNRedSi
08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by jerky
that's yucky. and if the high bidder doesn't realize it then he is either a dumbass or someone that probably doesn't care either way because he is a wannabe.

what is wrong with the wing? i dont understand?

jerky
08-06-2003, 10:24 AM
we thought it was nonadjustable at first, but i think they did some research and it apparently is adjustable.