PDA

View Full Version : Keep the stickers/deflector?

sonic imperial
08-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Does everyone remove their i-VTEC/DOHC stickers from their cars? Also, I have the moonroof wind deflector. Who has one or am I the only one? I don't have a problem taking this stuff off because I don't really have a preference.

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
Does everyone remove their i-VTECH/DOHC stickers from their cars? Also, I have the moonroof wind deflector. Who has one or am I the only one? I don't have a problem taking this stuff off because don't really have a preference.
a lot of people have removed their i-VTEC stickers. I haven't and I'm not sure if I will. As for the wind deflector, I don't think anyone has one. Do you have pics with your's installed? Just curious

sonic imperial
08-26-2002, 08:58 AM
No pics taken yet. I'll need to work on getting some up. The dealership had 3 white Si's and all 3 had the deflector (actually almost every Si had one). I didn't feel like it was worth having it removed at the time since I bought it after the service dept had closed and it doesn't seem to look that bad. I guess it probably doesn't matter that much. I don't know how hard they are to take off or if it messes up the paint.

NetDragon
08-26-2002, 09:29 AM
Sonic where did you buy your car? How do you like the deflector? I was thinking of getting one, but the wind noise with the roof open all the way or even propped up is not too bad, and near dead quiet if there is no cross breeze. You think the deflector cuts down on wind noise? Thanks,

- NetDragon

Also I was thinking about getting those molded mud flaps to protect the paint? Anybody like those or do you think they are ghetto? I saw an Si with them and thought they looked pretty good.

HondaMan
08-26-2002, 09:29 AM
I like the decals...they're staying on my ride for now.

SBC31
08-26-2002, 09:47 AM
I took the I-Vtec decals off about 2 weeks after getting the car. Looks much nicer and cleaner without them. I just found them to be too large.

dannysi
08-26-2002, 09:48 AM
I haven't taken the decals off of my car, but I did put the Mud Gaurds on. I like the way they look. I really need them here in NY.
I don't know if I am going to remove any of the stickers from the car.

sonic imperial
08-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by NetDragon
Sonic where did you buy your car? How do you like the deflector? I was thinking of getting one, but the wind noise with the roof open all the way or even propped up is not too bad, and near dead quiet if there is no cross breeze. You think the deflector cuts down on wind noise?

I live in South Carolina and I bought mine at Honda Cars of Aiken (near Augusta, GA). They had about 9 in stock. 3 white, 3 black, and 2 silver. I like all the colors, and all had mudguards except the one I bought (it was on the showroom floor actually). The guards didn't look bad to me, I just preferred to not have them. I test drove all 3 white Si's to see if there was any differences. One had an alignment problem (pulled right) and the other had some rattles on the dash that were very noticeable. Mine seems to be ok for now. The deflector does seem to cut windnoise but I don't use the sunroof much. I guess on my ride it will be more for looks, and after looking at it in the parking lot a few minutes ago after lunch, I think I'm going to keep it because I like it. The stickers may have to go, we'll see.

ssvr6
08-26-2002, 09:52 AM
I removed the decals and the Civic badge from the hatch. Less is more as I always say.

I was also considering the mud flaps, with as much as it rains here lately, some extra protection goes a long way.

Steve

civic hatch boi
08-26-2002, 10:35 AM
mud flaps make the car look ugly.. i took mine off and looks 100% better.. AND i have a black car.. so.. black mud guards on a NON black car would look even worse..

I-4Si
08-26-2002, 10:35 AM
There already is a small deflector that deploys when the moonroof is open. I noticed it when I was waxing the car this weekend. BTW, still have my stickers and emblems on.

sicivic2002
08-26-2002, 10:38 AM
I have the wind deflector I don't think it looks bad. Still have my stickers too.

BlazeX12
08-26-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sonic imperial

They had about 9 in stock. 3 white, 3 black, and 2 silver.
3 White plus 3 black plus 2 silver = 8 ???? j/k man, not trying to be an ass, jus messin with you...

sonic imperial
08-26-2002, 11:19 AM
Yeah, that is bad considering I was a math major in college. I meant to say 8. Haha!

LateSleeper
08-26-2002, 11:23 AM
I've added the mud guards and wind deflector for my car. I like the look of them. I really don't plan on doing anything else much to my car.. maybe a short ram intake. Other than that, I'll leave it be.

Brew Bros
08-26-2002, 01:06 PM
I removed my decals, and I like the way it looks without them especially on the black. My buddy has a silver one and they don't look too bad. But I agree less is better. I don't have either the mud flaps or the wind guard. The dealer had one with all that stuff(Bra and pinstriping), but I think the body of the car looks good, no need to add stuff like that (except maybe a Type R body kit):cool:

sonic imperial
08-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Is it hard to remove the deflector?

CleanBlackSi02
08-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I removed the decals and the Civic badge from the hatch. Less is more as I always say.

I was also considering the mud flaps, with as much as it rains here lately, some extra protection goes a long way.

Steve

Less is more....I couldn't agree more. Keeps people from revvin on you all day too.