PDA

View Full Version : clutch clicking???

team ERA 5
07-23-2003, 11:09 PM
hey guys i was wondering if this is normal...when ever i just step on my clutch whiles car is on or off it clicks.... and sometimes while im driving i shift to second it clicks every so often...but when i floor my clutch it clicks....that aint normal huh....if i were to take it in what would i say...do u kno what it could be???...any thoughts on this would help a lot...

Endersi2
07-24-2003, 01:08 AM
I think the clutch kicking is normal, because mine does that, and Ive seen where other people at ephatch.com have reported that too. When I floor it my clutch doesnt click, or at least I cant hear. For me it really oh happens when my car is warming up and Im slowing down and pushing it while in second. If it happens all the time take it in and tell them exactly that. They'll undoubtedly say that they cannot replicate the problem. So what you need to do is take on of the mechanics for drive and point out when it happens. Thats assuming your dealership sucks like all of em.

poppasp1ce
07-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Endersi2
I think the clutch kicking is normal

the clicking is by no means "normal." it may be common but is definitely not supposed to be doing that. take it to the dealer. there is a service bulletin about this very problem so they should know whats up.

02SilverSiHB
07-24-2003, 04:40 AM
I had the same problem, I took it to the dealer and they fixed it. The lubed something, can't remember

JackDans
07-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I work for honda and just to let u know that the click is not normal it may be the cruise control switch at the top of the clutch pedal but I don't see any bulletins at this time for that problem if you have any more question let me know. I d be glad to help

hondafiend02
07-24-2003, 11:53 PM
hey i just noticed that problem with my clutch but it feels more like just the pedal also the click comes and goes. i took it in once already the guy said it was normal and that if i wanted to get it really inspected to bring it back in a few days (they were backed up) well i havnt taken it back i dont know if i am gonna take it back can this problem get worse ?????? if so ill take it back if not ill just learn to live with it lol

hondafiend02
07-24-2003, 11:55 PM
hey 02silver how much did you pay for the lip kit and where did you get it- looks good man !

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by hondafiend02
hey 02silver how much did you pay for the lip kit and where did you get it- looks good man !
1000 from a friend

www.fiberimages.com or www.dthreedesigns.com for about 1400 shipped.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17399&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

poppasp1ce
07-25-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by JackDans
I work for honda and just to let u know that the click is not normal it may be the cruise control switch at the top of the clutch pedal but I don't see any bulletins at this time for that problem if you have any more question let me know. I d be glad to help

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/022451AP.html

silver ep
07-25-2003, 06:42 AM
Dealer lubed my clutch, and the noise came back so I sprayed some WD40 above the clutch pedal right up next to the firewall and the noise hasnt come back since. ;)

Ill try and take a pic to show you exactly where to spray.

fishboy
07-25-2003, 09:05 AM
can you do that please.

i'm all about the wd40.:D

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
can you do that please.

i'm all about the wd40.:D
ditto that, I hate taking my car to the dealer...hate waiting

hondafiend02
07-25-2003, 04:47 PM
plz post where to spray the wd40 because i tried already and i didnt feel like i was getting anywher near where the clicking soind was coming from PLZ POST PICS highly apprieciate it

hondafiend02
07-25-2003, 09:47 PM
wher are the pics??? i have the wd40 in my hand right now wher do i spray???:(

poppasp1ce
07-25-2003, 10:57 PM
pics? or just a really detailed explaination?

Endersi2
07-26-2003, 05:27 PM
silicon lubricant works pretty well too, especially when you realize youre out of WD40. Just spray it as close to where the pivot would be, close to the firewall, and hopefully some of it will lubricate it. After spraying pedal gives less resistance going in and out and doesnt click. Unfortunately my car kind of smells like silicon lubricant, oh well.

MetRx
07-26-2003, 08:49 PM
My clutch had developed that same clicking noise. I took it in, and they had to order some parts for it. Took about a week for the parts to come in, they repaired it in a few hours, and my clutch has never been sooo smooth. Cant remember the part they replaced, but if you're that interested, I can check the repair list. Im sure i still have it in my glove box.

Matt.

potator
07-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MetRx
My clutch had developed that same clicking noise. I took it in, and they had to order some parts for it. Took about a week for the parts to come in, they repaired it in a few hours, and my clutch has never been sooo smooth. Cant remember the part they replaced, but if you're that interested, I can check the repair list. Im sure i still have it in my glove box.

Matt.

If you can check for us that would be great.

team ERA 5
07-26-2003, 11:40 PM
forealz tell us what they changed and did that would be greatly appreciated :)

MetRx
07-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Not a problem guys, lemme go out to my car, and check my glove box. I'll let ya know today.

Matt.

MetRx
07-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Guys, i cant find the paperwork in my car. It may be in my bedroom. I'll keep looking, but im almost 100% sure, that it was a master cylinder they order for that clutch. Not sure if that makes any sense, cuz i dont know car all too well yet. If its really important to you guys, i'll call my dealer monday, and see what the records show on my car.

Matt.

hondafiend02
07-28-2003, 06:42 PM
hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!smooth as before now! no more clicking i just got way underneath the dash held the clutch down and sprayed right on the spot the noise was coming from! thx man WD40 kicks ass :D