PDA

View Full Version : Just put on my first Spoon part

Pradamuimui
08-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Put my first Spoon part on my Ep hatch just a second ago. I added a Spoon radiator cap under my hood, which raises the pressure inside the radiator from the stock 1.1, to Spoons 1.35. I know its not a huge mod. I would have bought the thermoswitch at the same time but it isnt out yet for our cars. But hey Im on the way of being Spooned out:P

2sloSi
08-26-2002, 11:15 AM
How much horsepower did that give you!.........j/k

I like those spoon radiator caps they look nice!

DynaSpeed
08-26-2002, 01:13 PM
a cap raises pressure? is that a joke?

and if it does, what would the advantage be for that, higher coolant cycle?:confused:

02blksi
08-26-2002, 05:24 PM
nice :) . Welcome to the wolrd of spoon. "The only equipment avoided by ricers" --(McDonalds doesnt pay enough :) LOL )
--joe

themi6group
08-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui
Put my first Spoon part on my Ep hatch just a second ago. I added a Spoon radiator cap under my hood, which raises the pressure inside the radiator from the stock 1.1, to Spoons 1.35. I know its not a huge mod. I would have bought the thermoswitch at the same time but it isnt out yet for our cars. But hey Im on the way of being Spooned out:P

raising radiator pressure is not completely a good idea on a stock cooling system. raced out spoons can handle the pressure and their system is prep'd for it. it's not good on our factory systems because of the stress it causes. knowing what to buy is key.

xlr8
08-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by themi6group

raising radiator pressure is not completely a good idea on a stock cooling system. raced out spoons can handle the pressure and their system is prep'd for it. it's not good on our factory systems because of the stress it causes. knowing what to buy is key.
its not a very large increase, it should be fine. my mugen cap is 1.3.

themi6group
08-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by xlr8

its not a very large increase, it should be fine. my mugen cap is 1.3.

true, it'll be fine because he's not pushing mad power out. just a tip though.

DynaSpeed
08-27-2002, 09:08 AM
So I guess that's a "yes" to my question. So now I have 2 more:

1) How does a cap raise (and regulate) pressure?

2) Why?

themi6group
08-27-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
So I guess that's a "yes" to my question. So now I have 2 more:

1) How does a cap raise (and regulate) pressure?

2) Why?

the cap basically allows the cooling system pressure to increase unto the max pressure cap. if the aftermarket cap maxes out at 1.5 and the factory max is 1.0 then there is too much pressure to escape in excess of factory limits. thus creating too much unanticipated stress on factory hoses and components.

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 10:45 AM
I doubt raising the pressure from the stock 1.1, to 1.35 is going to do any harm. It is barely an increase just enough to raise the pressure, and help with cooling. Spoon parts are some of the best in the world for Hondas, and I think that they know what there doing a little more then you do

ssvr6
08-27-2002, 10:57 AM
I doubt raising the pressure from the stock 1.1, to 1.35 is going to do any harm. It is barely an increase just enough to raise the pressure, and help with cooling. Spoon parts are some of the best in the world for Hondas, and I think that they know what there doing a little more then you do

Does it say on the cap that it's made for stock engines? Did you research it before you bought it or did you have $50 laying around and wanted to get something with the word "Spoon" on it?

I don't mean to come off like a jerk, but what themi6group is saying is right. The factory settings have some "play" in them, but I wouldn't want to test them on a stock motor. While I'm sure nothing is going to fail anytime soon, it will still cause more wear and eventual breakdown 25% faster than stock.

That's what I think is trying to be said. Do the gains out weigh the losses?

I just think that people are buying too quickly for this car. CAI's, springs, exhausts, etc.. are gimme's. It's the other stuff that I'm waiting for R&D on. Does Spoon even have an Si or is it a CTR? (I really don't know that's why I'm asking.)

Steve

02blksi
08-27-2002, 12:07 PM
STEVE your tittle should say " ANTI SPOON" :)

DAMN, you really dont miss a beat when it comes to how other people chose to spend there money. Let him be happy with his purchase instead of trying to read between the lines. Jessshhh --joe

BTW YES SPOON DOES HAVE A CTR K20A2 WITH PLENTY OF TRACK EXPERIENCE ALREADY. :) ---

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNjgyMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

right click and save target as to see the ep3 racing. :)

themi6group
08-27-2002, 12:41 PM

sorry but a 1.35 cap does not aide in cooling. you need to do some research on your cooling system. the spoon cap is only beneficial to engines that produce a lot of power with their upgraded components. you think spoon races with radiators and resevoirs? nope.

fishboy
08-27-2002, 01:44 PM
if somebody wants to buy a spoon radiator cap then sweet, he can get whatever he wants. sure it doesn't do much, but whatever. i want the spoon radiator, even though i don't even need it, i think it would be sweet to have. and if i had 1500 dollars to spend/waste on it or whatever some people may want to call it then so what it's my money. i wouldn't knock anybody for buying anything they want for their car. yeah it won't give him an increase in power and it's not as beneficial as say exhaust or whatever. right now people want to buy stuff for their car because we don't have shit out for it right now. i am so itching to buy something i'm even thinking about hids.

now if somebody gets the spoon magnetic drain plugs, that's another story. you can get those at pepboys.

02blksi
08-27-2002, 01:53 PM
fishboy WELL SAID! :) -- I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU. Im not into hating people because they chose to spend a little extra money.

ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS NEVER OVERLOOKED! --joe

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 03:18 PM
Well SSVR6 Spoon knows what they are doing a hell of a lot more then you do so get lost loser...yeah sure my car is going to break down 25% faster just from a freaking radiator cap?? I dont think so...ru MAD??? I mean come on...putting the Spoon radiator cap is a lot safer then some of these people putting NOs on there cars..but hey who cares its there cars not urs...so hey why dont you try doing some research..I do research every night for hours do you?? Didnt think so..instead you would rather run ur mouth non-stop.

ssvr6
08-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Numbnuts...it's N2O, not NAWZ... there's your intelligence out for all to see.

If you would READ what I said, I said that the cap will increase wear by 25%. So if it would break normally in 4 years, now it'll break in 3. Again, your basic math skills do you no justice.

My point is, why buy it? We're so quick to jump on someone for putting a giant purple dragon on the side of their car because it's "RICE" and not performance related, BUT if you buy a Spoon hat for your dog, you're on the right track.

I'm not downing spoon, but the search for spoon parts just to say that you have is a fad, just like 40lbs of decals, washer lights, and neon.

I'm not shooting my mouth off, I'm just trying to understand the need. IMO, there isn't one. It's just like buying a pair of name brand shoes.

All SHOW and ZERO go.

Steve

SpeedRacer
08-27-2002, 05:19 PM
so whare do you buy your shoes? payless? i prefer name brand shoes they look nicer and feel better anyways i dont think thare is anything wrong with a spoon radiator cap why dont you just pay attention to your self and not other people

02blksi
08-27-2002, 05:19 PM
" All SHOW and ZERO go"

YOU SURE ABOUT THAT??? After all, all those parts that they sell are on this car :)

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/17/9D/10178839-dfc8-025101BD-.jpg

themi6group
08-27-2002, 05:25 PM
i agree with ssvr6. why are the rest of you guys getting so sensitive. it's a cool cap. big deal. at least you're buying right the first time.

02blksi
08-27-2002, 05:28 PM
"why are the rest of you guys getting so sensitive."

Sensitive no, JUST TIRED of hearing people hate on what other's do. If its not rice, then you are stupid for buying it. That seems to be the trend lately. --joe, Who could care less what others do.

Pradamuimui
08-27-2002, 05:30 PM
Fine MR. SSVR6 you know everything..you keep buying ur APC parts, and I will keep buying my Spoon parts then after my cars finished we will race wanna???

ssvr6
08-27-2002, 05:38 PM
Fine MR. SSVR6 you know everything..you keep buying ur APC parts, and I will keep buying my Spoon parts then after my cars finished we will race wanna???

So you're what, 17 years old? How's your first week back at school. (grow up)

02blksi I'm sure that car only has a radiator cap on a US spec Si motor.... come on now...read what I'm typing here. Go buy whatever you want. I just want to know why.

BTW--I buy name brand shoes for the same reason, but I don't claim to buy Jordon's so I can play ball better. That's the difference.

Steve

02blksi
08-27-2002, 05:46 PM
you said : "" All SHOW and ZERO go"

To which i showed you a picture of a Spoon racing EP3. I did not claim that it was an SI, i just wanted you to realize what you were saying.

you said : "02blksi I'm sure that car only has a radiator cap on a US spec Si motor.... come on now...read what I'm typing here. Go buy whatever you want. I just want to know why."

Read above post. Once again though WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT I BUY???????? :) you really shouldnt :) Are you the type of person that just needs to know everything? LOL -joe

and if you really want to know why i chose jdm brand products, its because they are specifically designed for hondas, just like a nissan person would buy NISMO parts. Understand? -

ssvr6
08-27-2002, 05:49 PM
Knowledge is power. :D

I'm done bashing, it's not worth it. I know Spoon makes quality parts, that's not my argument. My argument is why buy any part that isn't a real performance gain, like this cap.

But I don't really care what anyone buys, just like no one should comment on when people put 15' of purple dragon on the side of their car.

"To each, their own."

Steve

themi6group
08-27-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
"why are the rest of you guys getting so sensitive."

Sensitive no, JUST TIRED of hearing people hate on what other's do. If its not rice, then you are stupid for buying it. That seems to be the trend lately. --joe, Who could care less what others do.

don't worry about trend. one day the blue sky's gonna be played.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p92ec41629d3844dccefb3ae26453bc13/fd58720b.jpg

02blksi
08-27-2002, 05:57 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!

IM A JDM WHORE

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p92ec41629d3844dccefb3ae26453bc13/fd58720b.jpg

LOL --joe :)

xlr8
08-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
EXACTLY!!!!!!

IM A JDM WHORE

LOL --joe :)
atmiting it is the first step to recovery. j/k

SpeedRacer
08-27-2002, 06:08 PM
ok finally this is dont and good choice on the shoes ssvr6 but dont jordans make you jump 2 ft higher than other shoes? j/k

02blksi
08-27-2002, 06:10 PM
I like my sig ..... :p dont you ssrv6?

edit: hey put yours back in there !!! were did it go??? :(

ssvr6
08-27-2002, 06:21 PM
I took it out, I was just flame baiting. No better than being a numbnuts.

;)

Although I like your sig! LOL

Steve