PDA

View Full Version : JDM Type R Headlights Question

super_si_45
07-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok guys, iv gotta question, my passenger side headlight has got condensation in it and f**kin fogged up for the 4th time. I'm so sick of it, iv decided im just gonna buy the damn Type R's but before i do, can someone tell me a couple of things:

1-will i have any problems with inspection or anything
2-r they a direct bolt up to the usdm versions or do they reqire any modifications?
3-im assuming ofcourse but will my bulbs i have now work?

any help is much appreciated

chet
07-24-2003, 04:50 PM
They should be direct bolt on, they only difference is the color of the housing as far as I know. I am getting ready to order my set in the next week or two. Talk to Chuck or Rocky at Showstoppers. And I think Tornactive also has them for a good price.

Mugen_EP
07-24-2003, 06:22 PM
1) Shouldn't have any problems, I doubt an inspector could even tell the difference

2) Direct bolt in. No modifications needed.

3) Yes, your bulbs will work.

super_si_45
07-24-2003, 06:50 PM
awesome, thanks for the help guys!

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Are you going to get them in time for the show!? I hope so. If not, try taking that one out again, put it in the oven, take it apart and clean it out. Then push it back together as best you can. The put it back in the oven, then take it out and push it together some more and hold it for a while, making sure the tabs are seated right.

Then let it cool and use some sealant...that way you'll fix it for a little while.

super_si_45
07-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
Are you going to get them in time for the show!? I hope so. If not, try taking that one out again, put it in the oven, take it apart and clean it out. Then push it back together as best you can. The put it back in the oven, then take it out and push it together some more and hold it for a while, making sure the tabs are seated right.

Then let it cool and use some sealant...that way you'll fix it for a little while.

dude, iv done it like 4 times already, im sick of it, lol, i should have them by the show

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by super_si_45

dude, iv done it like 4 times already, im sick of it, lol, i should have them by the show
ah, damn, I'd be sick of it too. Well, you'll have some good headlights then when you get the JDM ones. I hope you have them in time, I wouldn't mind seeing those in person.

super_si_45
07-25-2003, 04:29 PM

ah, damn, I'd be sick of it too. Well, you'll have some good headlights then when you get the JDM ones. I hope you have them in time, I wouldn't mind seeing those in person.

yea, just ordered em today, did next day, so should have them monday, definately in time for the show :D

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by super_si_45

yea, just ordered em today, did next day, so should have them monday, definately in time for the show :D
just got an email from HIN for a reminder. Roll in is at 3pm :) can't wait.

super_si_45
07-25-2003, 07:27 PM

just got an email from HIN for a reminder. Roll in is at 3pm :) can't wait.

awesome, just got mine too :p

fyzm7357
08-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Back to the headlights....what about one headlight shining brighter than the other...since they drive on the other side of the road in Japan. I remember reading people arguing about that in the past. What is the final verdict on that? That is the only thing holding me back from ordering them...

civic hatch boi
08-04-2003, 07:36 AM
u should get the R hid ones :)

dustinhurley
08-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
Back to the headlights....what about one headlight shining brighter than the other...since they drive on the other side of the road in Japan. I remember reading people arguing about that in the past. What is the final verdict on that? That is the only thing holding me back from ordering them...

Yes, the headlights do aim a little bit to the left. But, I've had mine for maybe 6 months and have had no problems. No one flashes me, no police problems.

2k3vbpEP
08-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Well I have heard the easiest way to fix this is to put the inards from the US one into the japanese housing (just the part that the bulb goes into obviously leave the black chrome part in there) and the glare guard from the USDM lights will be in there and then just get them re-aimed.

CivicSiR4U2NV
08-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by 2k3vbpEP
Well I have heard the easiest way to fix this is to put the inards from the US one into the japanese housing (just the part that the bulb goes into obviously leave the black chrome part in there) and the glare guard from the USDM lights will be in there and then just get them re-aimed.

But that will involve opening the lamp housing so your just better off to paint the stock lamp housing, wouldn't it??