PDA

View Full Version : glw - Orange County, CA

glw
07-24-2003, 05:47 PM
engine:
aem v2 intake; magnaflow cat-back; sun ground wire kit
(planned - dc header; hondata ecu flash)

brakes:
slotted brembo front rotors (cryo'd and cad plated); axxis ultimates pads; goodridge lines; ate super blue fluid
(planned - rear rotors)

suspension:
eibach sportlines; progress sways; neuspeed strut tower bars; 17"x7.5"-43 volk ce28n (with honda center caps); 225/45-17 falken azenis sport rt215; honda camber bolts (camber -1.5

fishboy
07-24-2003, 05:47 PM
sweet, looks like your avatar.;)

glw
07-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
sweet, looks like your avatar.;) now you're gettin' it! :D

the avatar is the plan... simple but naughty!

Brettnyt
07-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Nice ride... Would look great with a CTR spoiler... Only thing i dislike is the "H"s on the mirrors :)

iVtec si
07-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Ya gotta like the white EP!

How you like the MagnaFlow? I'm thinking bout gettin one.

02TafWhtSi
07-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Really nice Ep! I love the wheels ;)
White EP's will one day rule the world! :D

kcx23
07-25-2003, 03:10 AM
please give your impression on your magna flow cat back and how it sounds.

kcx23

kcx23

kcx23
07-25-2003, 03:13 AM
please let me know where you got it from because i live in buena park and i can't find it. thanks

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 04:22 AM
nice ride glw

kcx23 I don't think I heard you the third time :D

glw
07-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by iVtec si
How you like the MagnaFlow? I'm thinking bout gettin one.
Originally posted by kcx23

please let me know where you got it from because i live in buena park and i can't find it. thanksto start, my car was the test fit car for magnaflow... so my price was different than what everyone else pays. given that, i am probably biased.

overall i really like the magnaflow system. the deep tone sounds awesome and not very loud outside the car. inside the car it's a little loud to me. remember i'm an old guy nearing 40 and very anal. for me and my car things have to be perfect. i have an old thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15451) about the issue and what i did to fix it for me. there is another thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14965) that has more info and feedback from two other purchasers (si02 and trabadoo22) that got theirs from www.hottexhaust.com (http://www.hottexhaust.com/).

http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/7_closeup_sm.jpg (http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/7_closeup.jpg)

glw
07-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Nice ride... Would look great with a CTR spoiler... Only thing i dislike is the "H"s on the mirrors :) i plan on getting the pre-painted ctr replica spoiler from spoilerdepot.com (http://spoilerdepot.com/Catalog.asp?A=10&S=2002-04%20Civic%20Si.jpg&idModel=309&idMakeTemp=6&idB=40094) when it is finished in about 2 weeks. it was test fit by another member down in florida if i recall correctly.

the mirror h's are something i saw on a uk race car and thought it looked neat. i think they look a little funny on the street, but definitely more fitting when i'm at the track with my magnetic numbers and required sponsor decals. maybe i'll have to take a pic of it in full dress or something.

STP03BlueSI
07-25-2003, 11:41 AM
NICE CAR!!:p :D

Peking
07-25-2003, 03:01 PM
The exhaust really looks nice, hard to keep clean?

Jon

Go_EP_Go
07-25-2003, 10:40 PM
very secksi car

for reals makes me regret getting blu sometimes:D

maybe see u around since im from around town too

peace out

glw
07-26-2003, 12:06 PM
ok... i thought i'd have a question about the cheap honda center caps by now...

is no one interested?

i thought it was a pretty good mod - all four for half the price of one volk center cap. :D

oh, the magnaflow tips are a pain to keep clean. i polish them with blue magic or mothers once a month (maybe more). anyone have a better way?

CIVICBOOST
07-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by glw
ok... i thought i'd have a question about the cheap honda center caps by now...

is no one interested?

i thought it was a pretty good mod - all four for half the price of one volk center cap. :D

oh, the magnaflow tips are a pain to keep clean. i polish them with blue magic or mothers once a month (maybe more). anyone have a better way?

I found Stoner Invisible Glass to be effective when the exhaust is cool :D

glw
07-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by CIVICBOOST

I found Stoner Invisible Glass to be effective when the exhaust is cool :D thanks, i'll give it a try!

golferjn
07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
nice ep. nice pics

Burgh
08-01-2003, 08:18 AM
Nice job glw. How bout we swap cars at the next autocross? :D

EP3_DC5
08-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Looks good, love the wheels. Just wondering how competitive you have been competitive in STS class with the EP?

whtep19
08-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Your wheels are hella nice!!!!! Wish I would have gotten those instead of my 17's! Wanna trade?:D

Gasp23
08-01-2003, 11:03 AM
I like the wheels, they look very nice and the H center caps is a great touch. Is that from the OEM wheels or did you buy them separate? if so what wheels were they supposed to be from?

glw
08-01-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Burgh
Nice job glw. How bout we swap cars at the next autocross? :D i'm going to "the night of the living dead" this weekend and to the scnax cup next weekend. i've never driven a stock ep (yours is stock right?), i'll try it - maybe if there are some fun runs...

glw
08-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Gasp23
I like the wheels, they look very nice and the H center caps is a great touch. Is that from the OEM wheels or did you buy them separate? if so what wheels were they supposed to be from? the caps are from a 2002 honda accord coupe special edition (#44732-sv7-a00). the regular wheels are polished so you have to ask for the special edition ones...

they are about 2-3/8" (66mm) so they'll probably fit other wheels too. they're cheap, too - only $5 each...

glw
08-01-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5
Looks good, love the wheels. Just wondering how competitive you have been competitive in STS class with the EP? well, as i'm sure you are aware autox is mostly the driver and i'm working on me...

i've been to a school and several practices and came in 17th out of 28 in my first timed event. i think the car is better than me at this point. i need to learn to not overdrive - i'm a "tirekiller" and not much of a "conekiller".

Burgh
08-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by glw
i'm going to "the night of the living dead" this weekend and to the scnax cup next weekend. i've never driven a stock ep (yours is stock right?), i'll try it - maybe if there are some fun runs...

Deal! I'll be there for both days of the SCNAX Cup even though I'm not actually entered into the Cup competition.

Originally posted by EP3_DC5
Looks good, love the wheels. Just wondering how competitive you have been competitive in STS class with the EP?

I think our cars can definitely be competitive on the regional level in the hands of a good driver. Nationally, they are probably outclassed. As a reference, GRM ran a prepped EP in STS at the Solo2 Nationals last year and came in 15th, one spot out of a trophy! Doh! In any case, that's a pretty damn good performance IMO.

glw
08-23-2003, 12:52 AM
added a couple autox pics of friends driving my car to the original post. also updated textual info - new pictures (with wing) coming soon.

02SilverSiHB
08-23-2003, 10:05 AM
sweet pics! :D

Suk02Si
08-25-2003, 12:50 AM
nice action shots

glw
11-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by glw
added a couple autox pics of friends driving my car to the original post. also updated textual info - new pictures (with wing) coming soon. finally got around to posting pictures with the new wing and custom plate mounts and frames on page 1.

civicSIracer
11-14-2003, 12:44 AM
dang..i want to know hoe you did the center caps.. they want like 28 bux EACH for the center caps for my gram lights.. fuck that.. the damn wheels were enough..lol

Brettnyt
11-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Geez, great lookin car man... Those wheels look great... Im gunna get a similar wheel in 18", but it is 9 spoke, and not volk... :( haha anyways, keep it up, it looks good!

glw
11-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
dang..i want to know hoe you did the center caps.. they want like 28 bux EACH for the center caps for my gram lights.. fuck that.. the damn wheels were enough..lol
the caps are from a 2002 honda accord coupe special edition (honda part #44732-sv7-a00). the regular wheels are polished so you have to ask for the special edition ones...

they are about 2-3/8" (66mm) so they'll probably fit other wheels too. they're cheap, too - only $5 each...

Jpax
11-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Nice ride, can i sleep with you now. :*

Rey
11-14-2003, 07:06 PM
I got the same exhaust is YOU!!! heh

I love it, it's very stylish, and not too loud outside except at full throttle. It's loud inside, but not as loud as most exhausts. Very deep tone, very very deep tone. I love it!!

BTW, where did you buy the rims? Did you get a deal?

glw
11-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Rey
...BTW, where did you buy the rims? Did you get a deal?
got them at wheel warehouse in anaheim, ca - richard chan 714-772-1281x5112. i got raped, but i got them same day as i walked into the store... real volks - no ordering, no waiting. titanium silver delivered directly from makin industries in less than 1 hour in the trunck of a mercedes 500sel. anyways... nice guys, nice shop, and i got them to throw in a free t-shirt. :p

glw
11-22-2003, 09:44 PM
just got the 215/40-17 yokohama avs es100 tires from wheel warehouse... i trashed the parada's... so far it looks like the 215's don't rub - but i guess we'll see here pretty quick!

the national champion, ken motonishi, in sts class is going to be taking my car for a few laps on 12/13 at the auto-x practice at california speedway. i'll get to see what my car can really do!

moral of the story - don't be afraid to talk to the experts and ask for help!

glw
01-11-2004, 06:39 PM
ok, the h's on the mirrors are gone (i'm over it)...

i also ordered and aem v2 intake and the parts to remove the rear wiper. i should have both installed by this weekend. i'll update the pictures after they are all installed and i get a chance to wash it...

by the way, during the test removal process today to prepare for the aem v2, i found out that the neuspeed strut tower bar has to be removed to get the stock airbox out. it also looked like it had to come off to change the filter...

glw
01-13-2004, 11:07 PM
ok, the aem v2 intake just went in! this install was quite easy... no major problems at all. the small vacuum hose was too big in inside diameter and it is loose on the engine side. i'm gonna go get a better fitting hose at the local car parts place...

also, i was wondering why the tube coming from the valve cover to the intake tube is heated? you'd think you'd want the air a cold as possible... i may take off the little heater part and see what happens.

oh, well so far this results see pretty good. the butt dyno tells me that there is a performance gain. the car no longer fells like it is being held back... second gear really growls from 5k on... do i have to reset the ecu? i didn't and it still feels good!

glw
01-13-2004, 11:07 PM
ok, the aem v2 intake just went in! this install was quite easy... no major problems at all. the small vacuum hose was too big in inside diameter and it is loose on the engine side. i'm gonna go get a better fitting hose at the local car parts place... (sorry no pics yet-maybe later)

also, i was wondering why the tube coming from the valve cover to the intake tube is heated? you'd think you'd want the air a cold as possible... i may take off the little heater part and see what happens.

oh, well so far the results are pretty good. the butt dyno tells me that there is a definite performance gain. the car no longer feels like it is being held back... second gear really growls from 5k on... do i have to reset the ecu? i didn't and it still feels good!

Burgh
01-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Cool glw! Looks like you're getting closer to maxing out all the allowed STS mods. :D See ya on Sunday, brand new racing season and everyone starts off at square one.

TrippZ
01-14-2004, 10:16 AM
gtta love the magnaflow! :D