PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo, got my visit from KW today!!!

Puffs
07-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Schweet, My KW coilovers came in today. I am pumped. I just couldn't say no to $1150 shipped for coilovers.

Now I just need to buy wheels and tires and these puppies are going on. The beauty of these (or so I understand) is that I won't need a camber kit as long as I don't go ridiculously low. At least this is what Glen from KW told me. I plan to go about an inch maybe inch and a half down. I don't want to look slammed, just lose the 4 X 4 action.

My only grumble(and no fault of KW) is that my mail guy left my coilovers on my front porch in plain sight. Any tool walking by my house could have just snagged em. Not that crime is a big issue around here but still when over 1k is sitting on a porch that could be temping.

Now i just need to find a good price for 17" OZ leggras and Toyo T1S Proxies, get an alignment, and I am good to go. Wow, I can't wait!! I hear this makes such a huge difference on the EP, and since my only grip about this car is the body roll and floatyness on the highway then the solution is in!

Thank you KW! (Glen)

I will be sure to post my review about the performance of the product once I get these things on. Sooner than later I hope!

-EJ
03' Black EP -2760 fun filled miles since June 1st.

IceD out N CALI
07-24-2003, 06:53 PM
sweet! good for you. those superlegerras will round it off nicely

02TafWhtSi
07-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Great choice! Lets see some pics :)

silver ep
07-24-2003, 09:30 PM
sweet! good for you. those superlegerras will round it off nicely

I second that! :)

greenguy
07-25-2003, 09:12 AM
I assure you that the KW's will transform the ep into one of the best cars you've ever driven. New wheels and tires MAKE IT the best car you've ever driven!
I just need to track down that damn noise comming from my front left strut. The wife freaks out when it sounds off:D Car drives fucking great!:) thank you KW, 5zigen, and Pirelli:)

BlackNRedSi
07-25-2003, 09:18 AM
I think XLR8B4U was sellin his Superleggras with Yokohama Tires...i think they are the white ones....you should PM him, or email him to see if hes still doing this...

Eric

BlasTech
07-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Good choice!

If you get a chance to weigh thy KWs vs stock suspension , please do. I think we'd all like to know!

ViViDPeArL
07-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Good choice!

If you get a chance to weigh thy KWs vs stock suspension , please do. I think we'd all like to know!

i don't think a couple pounds is gonna make a difference. from what it seems, a lot of people on this site is so concerned about 'weight'.

if you wanna shave off a lot of weight, just gut your whole interior, and don't sit in the car and it'll weigh at least 300 pounds lighter. a copule extra pounds in the suspension isn't going to change your power to weight ratio to something that totally noticeable.

i don't wanna be a super flamer, but i just hope i don't see someone ask...'hey, weigh those 194 bulbs...did you save any weight?

stephen
07-25-2003, 11:16 AM
im looking for a set of the white superleggeras. im having the worst time finding one, even used....

EKthenEPnow
07-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL

i don't think a couple pounds is gonna make a difference. from what it seems, a lot of people on this site is so concerned about 'weight'.

if you wanna shave off a lot of weight, just gut your whole interior, and don't sit in the car and it'll weigh at least 300 pounds lighter. a copule extra pounds in the suspension isn't going to change your power to weight ratio to something that totally noticeable.

Unsprung weight makes a HUGE difference in the car

perf, handling, and braking!!!!!!!!!

Try rolling on a wheel / tire combo 12lbs lighter than stock and tell me you don't feel a pretty big difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlasTech
07-25-2003, 01:02 PM
No offense taken, but weight matters to me. For auto-x I want to save all the weight I can legally save (gutting is not allowed in STS class).

Weight might be the one thing that helps me decide on KW's vs another type of suspension that is otherwise comparable.

I want all the info I can get before I shell out a grand on something anyway, dont you? :)

ViViDPeArL
07-26-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by EKthenEPnow

Unsprung weight makes a HUGE difference in the car

perf, handling, and braking!!!!!!!!!

Try rolling on a wheel / tire combo 12lbs lighter than stock and tell me you don't feel a pretty big difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're talking about suspension weight and weight in general. everybody knows the worst kind of weight is rotating mass. that and dead weight sucks pretty bad...lol

BlasTech: i'd want to know who the damn person who built the coilover was for $1000 bucks...jk. honestly, i got some friends who do auto-x and KW isn't holding up. maybe it's because they drive the heavier euro cars but they said the KWs were starting to blow and get soft. I know KW is used in some rally cars and things like that but common, the suspension isn't the only thing that makes those cars do those kinds of things.

Teins i hear are good, but the parts are made in other countries, then brought back to be assembled in Japan.

Apexi coilovers are 2700 bucks, but 100% hand made in Japan.

i'm going for H&R, 100% german, 100% race proven, and all my friends who are auto-xing use H&R because they can change the springs. Why not just buy a coilover where you can adjust the dampening you ask? because eventually, under track conditions and such, they tend to start leaking and shocks are blown.

my super long two cents...

BlasTech
07-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
honestly, i got some friends who do auto-x and KW isn't holding up. maybe it's because they drive the heavier euro cars but they said the KWs were starting to blow and get soft. I know KW is used in some rally cars and things like that but common, the suspension isn't the only thing that makes those cars do those kinds of things.

Teins i hear are good, but the parts are made in other countries, then brought back to be assembled in Japan.

Apexi coilovers are 2700 bucks, but 100% hand made in Japan.
i'm going for H&R, 100% german, 100% race proven, and all my friends who are auto-xing use H&R because they can change the springs. Why not just buy a coilover where you can adjust the dampening you ask? because eventually, under track conditions and such, they tend to start leaking and shocks are blown.
my super long two cents...

Hey, thanks, thats some good info! What are the heavier euro cars that are killing the KWs?

Puffs
07-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by greenguy
I assure you that the KW's will transform the ep into one of the best cars you've ever driven. New wheels and tires MAKE IT the best car you've ever driven!
I just need to track down that damn noise comming from my front left strut. The wife freaks out when it sounds off:D Car drives fucking great!:) thank you KW, 5zigen, and Pirelli:)

Hey greenguy. Did you need a camber kit??

I will try to get weights on stock vs. KW. Honestly I don't auto-x. My uses are to reduce the awful body roll, ride height, and longevity.

I think KW is perfect for a street setup and quite honestly that price was too good to beat for completely adjustable coilovers.

I know the VW and mini guys have been having great luck with KW products, and they are the new OEM for the dodge viper(to fix the previous problems) so they can't be too awful.

I would put them on par with H&R.

greenguy
07-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Puffs

Hey greenguy. Did you need a camber kit??

Only for the rears. The fronts are designed for some adjustment.
I have a 1 finger gap in front and a 1-1/2 finger in the rear.
LUBE everything very well, you'll need it. Go to a good auto supply shop and talk with the people and have them recomend a good lube that wont migrate or collect dirt. They will recomend something, and use it liberally. esspecially in the front.:)

Puffs
07-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Where are your pics green?

ViViDPeArL
07-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech

Hey, thanks, thats some good info! What are the heavier euro cars that are killing the KWs?

VW GTI, and some of the Audi's...this is just from my friends friends experience. they all using nothing but H&R now

greenguy
07-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Puffs
Where are your pics green?

And here is the finished product. Its been REALLY HOT here so a complete detail of the car with some "hot freshness" pics will have to wait until it gets down into the low 100's:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p2bcadb18eee7b420ee5b0fe63958255d/fbaf559f.jpg

Glen@KW
07-29-2003, 05:09 PM
ViViDPeArL,

I appreciate all feedback. To clear a few easy points, KW is 100% German, and 100% race proven, more so than H&R as we do not use off the shelf Bilstein in our applications. KW is a suspension solution manufacturer, not a spring company. Teams and cars that use KW don

greenguy
07-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Glen@KW
I promise you this, if you order a KW kit from our facilities or a registered KW vendor you will not be disappointed by its performance, rather you will be inspired by the newfound driving characteristics of your car.
I will attest to this statment! The car drives ABSOLUTLEY BITCHIN!!! <---- alright if I date my self back to the 80's?:D?