PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Pod

BaLLiNbOi421
07-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Is there any gauge pods for the Si... I seen one in my audio mag i got tod, the pod was custom made out of carbon fiber to fit the part above the glove box... SOOOO HOT... will post pics soon...

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 08:29 AM
run a search, I know steve was working on one.

GeNoZiDe
07-25-2003, 09:21 AM
i ve seen 2 ep's here in toronto that have the 3 pod pillar... dunno where they got it though

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 09:31 AM
there's one on the D3 car, they could have got it through them, other than that, maybe custom...

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Here is one of the pics of the custom gauge pod i was talking about... SOOOOOO HOT

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Here is another pic of it... Be pacient... Takes a lil bit to load...

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 10:01 AM
Nice, but unless it's right hand drive those would be pretty hard to read and concentrate on the road at the same time.

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 10:13 AM
What do you mean... Its a USDM Si... It is ounted in the little cup holder thingy... I THINK THE SHIT ROCKS... Im learning fiberglass fabrication... Ill keep you posted on how it turns out...

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 10:20 AM
...sorry for the minor sarcasm...my POINT is...unless you carry a pasenger 24/7 those look a pretty good distance from the driver...if he actually plans on reading them...if they aren't just for show...

ssvr6
07-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BaLLiNbOi421
What do you mean... Its a USDM Si... It is ounted in the little cup holder thingy... I THINK THE SHIT ROCKS... Im learning fiberglass fabrication... Ill keep you posted on how it turns out...

Here's my original post:
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16128

It's completely useless because it can't be read. What are you going to do, stare at your glove box when you should be looking at the road? If you think that's cool, just mount a fake steering wheel there too. It's just as effective.

I saw an add in Modified (I think) that had dash mounted pods.

http://www.tunedbymatrix.com/images_products/14342.gif

These work for me. I just need to order it.

Steve

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 10:26 AM
It's completely useless because it can't be read. What are you going to do, stare at your glove box when you should be looking at the road? If you think that's cool, just mount a fake steering wheel there too. It's just as effective
rofl exactly what I was trying to say...nicely. hehe:p

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 11:02 AM
After sitting in the car and looking over there... It would be hard to read... It is nice tho...

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Steve,
i was reading that a lil while ago... did you ever get the pod made from D3...

ssvr6
07-25-2003, 11:33 AM
No, and I heard from those that saw the car in person that it doesn't look very nice.

The image that I posted will be what I go with.

Steve

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 01:02 PM
I seen a pod like the one you posted... Ill try to find it... It wasCF and in a white si...

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 01:12 PM
After looking through ALL my magz I found it.. I was wrong it isn't CF... It is just like the one you posted...

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Here is another look at it...

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Just to let you know what it is... In the mag it says it is a CDB Fabrication custom gauge pod... Imma try to contact them and get some prices... Let me know how you like it...

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 01:19 PM
if you can push it down into the dash, to hide it, I would like one...look out james bond.

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeah that would be hot... But I dont think it does that...... Steve I like the pod you showd better... where you gettin it...

ssvr6
07-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Did you read the link I posted? I scanned those pics that you just attached. I contacted D3 and the pod was made ONLY for their show car and won't be made any more.

The pod looked like ass in real life so the above pod is what I'll be using.

Steve

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I read the link and was like WHA becuz there was no pic that ever came up... Soooo i thought nothing of it... I just contacting the company who made the first gauge pod I posted pics of... They are $199... If any1 wants one let me know... Im trying to work out a deal with them... Ill let you know...

ssvr6
07-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Good luck, because like I said, it didn't look good in person.

Steve

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 06:55 PM
You seen this one in person... The company just emailed me... They said 20% off which makes them $160 which isn't bad... but I need to know how much I have to order to get it...

siver-SI
07-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Can it be bought with red CF. I want to get a red CF dash kit for my car. Also is the $160 just for the CF and not the gauges right? I guess my last question is how easy are they to read? They do not even seem to point at the driver so they are easy to read. I am going to need a gauge kit for when I get a turbo but if I would not mind having the gauge pod in their before I get the turbo so I am use to it.

BaLLiNbOi421
07-25-2003, 07:19 PM
It does not include the gauges... And red CF I do not know... I just put an email into the company to see... I dont know how good you can read them :rolleyes: ... Here is their website http://www.stitchcraftinteriors.com/ ... They dont have any products up there but you will have to email them...

ssvr6
07-25-2003, 07:55 PM
I can barely understand what you were typing since you just use one run on sentence. I thought you were still talking about the D3 pod.

That CF pod is all show and a reason for an accident.

Steve

StrangeShadow
07-26-2003, 07:41 AM
I don't believe CF is made in anyother color:o ...however...they do weave kevlar (used for the outside of pullet proof vest and flam drum heads) into it that is colored giving it the colored CF affect...
come to think of it...I had CF drum heads even before people started going nuts to put it in cars...but I had it for sound not looks. :p

Si4U2NV
07-26-2003, 10:02 PM
I can barely understand what you were typing since you just use one run on sentence.

Steve, calm down; not everyone likez to use PERFECT punctuation online... i know it can be hard to read and judge tone and stuff but itz ok...no biggie...

Also, as far are A-Pillar gauges go, i was told a LONGGGGGGG time ago, when i first got my Si as a matter of fact, that the RSX A-Pillars fit. Im not sure and im still awaiting an answer from a EPHATCH member, name was AZNTHUG or something like that... but im pretty sure they do...

-Mike:)

ssvr6
07-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV

Steve, calm down; not everyone likez to use PERFECT punctuation online... i know it can be hard to read and judge tone and stuff but itz ok...no biggie...

Calm down? If my post looked like this:

"I couldn't fucking understand what you were saying in your fucked up sentence you illiterate fuck!! :mad: :mad: "

Then yes, a "calm down" would be in order. I was serious about not understanding what he was talking about due to the lack of punctuation.

It's hard to convey emotion and such on the internet, so don't think I'm screaming unless I'M SCREAMING. Know what I mean?

Steve

BaLLiNbOi421
07-27-2003, 06:57 AM
DAMN MAN.... you cant understand me... just treat these dots like a period... its not a runon sentence... bt who cares... its online... its not like we are in school or nuttin...

ssvr6
07-27-2003, 07:54 AM
I'm not grading you on your report, I'm trying to have a discussion and if I can't understand you, how can anthing be understood?

Steve

StrangeShadow
07-28-2003, 08:58 AM
like steve said, those a-pillar crapy ones got old fast...and after sitting i a dozen cars with them...I really don't like then either...plus it was hard to tell what guages the guy was talking about...:p I had no clue.

tony speed
07-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
Nice, but unless it's right hand drive those would be pretty hard to read and concentrate on the road at the same time.

if for some reason you were using the ep as a rally car and had your side man in the car, telling you directions....it wouldn't be useless...he

StrangeShadow
07-31-2003, 04:09 PM
hehe...thanks I didn't think of that...I think I've only seen one FWD civic used for rally...the majority of the rest are evo' and sub' AWD =) he..

BaLLiNbOi421
08-01-2003, 09:22 AM
actually there is a class for FWD cars... they have ford focus and neons (i think)

StrangeShadow
08-01-2003, 01:23 PM
yea, I was thinking there must be cause I saw some svt' and tiberons and an sr-t out there before. I think I was thinking of a particular "one" though, I forgot theguys name, he drive a green eg civic and was like the first fwd car to win in an open comp w/awd and fwd at a certan location...can't remember his name though

ephatchback
08-08-2003, 03:18 AM
For my a/f guage I just took a dremel to the extra hole to the right of the shift knob, and installed it there. I posted pics a while ago. It looks factory and is very easy to read. After I get my carbon fiber dash kit, Im going to relocate the hazard button to the right of the shift knob, and install the guage on the left. I'll post some pics later on.

Civicvtec1ps
08-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ephatchback
For my a/f guage I just took a dremel to the extra hole to the right of the shift knob, and installed it there. I posted pics a while ago. It looks factory and is very easy to read. After I get my carbon fiber dash kit, Im going to relocate the hazard button to the right of the shift knob, and install the guage on the left. I'll post some pics later on.
yea i saw taht while ago. repost picture . what size gauge are you running 2 1/16?

shimmy_yaz
08-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BaLLiNbOi421
DAMN MAN.... you cant understand me... just treat these dots like a period... its not a runon sentence... bt who cares... its online... its not like we are in school or nuttin...

Actually it's really funny that you say that. It is a proven fact that since the online chat scene has grown rapidly in popularity, students are getting worse grades in English class. We now have students writing eassays using online chat lingo. I am not saying you should type in perfect english, I know I don't but come on give it half a try. In 20 years the world will be ran by IDIOTS, oh wait it already is.

StrangeShadow
08-08-2003, 02:38 PM
bahahaha on a senor paper I did two years ago I used a ton of online lingo cause i didn't feel like writing it...and sill got an "A"

MokujinX5
08-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Is there a guage bezel cluster for the EP like the 96-00 Civics?

ssvr6
08-10-2003, 11:39 AM
No, not yet.

Steve

ephatchback
08-11-2003, 12:12 PM
That would be sick.:) :)

2k2civicSi
08-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Here's my a pod i know steve doesn't like them lol

http://ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=203893