PDA

View Full Version : Is it supposed to look like this?

SinisterCivicSi
07-24-2003, 07:42 PM
ok stop laughin at my post.....but i had to ask. i just got home from vacation and got my car back woohoo~ but i was lookin at all the mods that were put on while i was gone and thought something looked a little wierd. does anyone elses bolt for your header look like this? should there be something on that side showing like a nut or is that how it is when its secured properly.

if anyone else has a pic that would be great. i just dont want to loose anything if its not secured properly.

ssvr6
07-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Nope. Definitely wrong.

Steve

ALCT
07-24-2003, 08:21 PM
I have the two piece borla header and it looks like 2 bolts are missing where the small piece gets connected to the big piece. ( exactly like yours) I talked to the guy at Meineke and he said there is a kind of spring attachment system that don't require nuts, it is normal and secure. I will try to take a pic tomorrow.

SinisterCivicSi
07-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Nope. Definitely wrong.

Steve

steve.....r u being serious or givin me a hard time? lol

cause if its wrong i wanna get it fixed. its like that on both bolts. it looks secure, nothing is moving and its been driven but i wanna be sure. i would hate for something to fall off. LOL

ssvr6
07-24-2003, 08:27 PM
My bad, it looked like it wasn't seated properly. I didn't realize that you were talking about the bare stud. (Becuase it threads into the header)

You're fine, again, my bad.

Steve

SinisterCivicSi
07-24-2003, 08:33 PM
:eek: :confused:

steve DAM you scared me! LOL

but what about it not seated properly?? oh geeze! maybe i should take a better pic tomorrow that one was one of those quicky pics before the sun goes down.

ssvr6
07-24-2003, 08:36 PM
No, it's fine. I'm just tired and all. It's late here.

:)

Steve

SinisterCivicSi
07-24-2003, 09:11 PM
i just came home from orlando....i am tired myself.

here is a goodnight kiss....get some rest dear. lol :*

!@#$%
07-24-2003, 10:32 PM
damn, steve scared me too. im thinking....hmmm thats what mine looks like...ugh <confusion setting in> :confused:

ALCT
07-25-2003, 03:03 PM
best pic I could take

SinisterCivicSi
07-25-2003, 03:28 PM
wow your header looks so completely different than mine! lol

glad to know my bolts are supposed to look like that. whew!

fishboy
07-25-2003, 03:43 PM
my header looks like that too. i was cleaning my engine looked back there and was like "what the fuck? i hope someone on ephatch posts a picture of this and asks the same question i'm thinking." thanks.:)