PDA

View Full Version : dealer emblem crap

jaepoori
07-24-2003, 07:46 PM
WOOHOO!!! i just bought a black 2003 SI. Damn i was so excited. Well i take a look around the car and i notice that they have the damn dealer emblem crap on it. I was just wondering how i would take that off. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO thanks

CgSi
07-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Dump boiling water on it and get behind it with fishing line.That should "cut" it off. Then clean the sticky crap off with adhesive remover

FUCK IT - take it back and make them do it !

Brettnyt
07-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Yeah, what he said... :)

skooba
07-24-2003, 08:49 PM
yeah that works, i took of my emblems//stickers using a hairdryer and then just pulling it off with my hands, worked fine, no marks or anything

jandetuning
07-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by jaepoori
WOOHOO!!! i just bought a black 2003 SI. Damn i was so excited. Well i take a look around the car and i notice that they have the damn dealer emblem crap on it. I was just wondering how i would take that off. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO thanks

Man, I hate that shit. Fortunately that isn't practiced much here in CA. The dealer should be paying you for the advertising.

jaepoori
07-25-2003, 05:35 AM
yea, they shuold give you a discount of some sort. Damn i love this car, even thuogh i cant push it right now, i do it once in a while in first and second gear. Its hella faster than my 94 318i. ANd i stalled out prolly about 10 times last night trying to get the HIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl, thanks for your advice peoples

my02si
07-25-2003, 06:25 AM
I used goo gone.. You can get it at Home Depot or any hardware store. Works well

Gasp23
07-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by my02si
I used goo gone.. You can get it at Home Depot or any hardware store. Works well

Same here, what I did was I grabed it by the corner and just pulled slowly until it all came off and then I used the goo gone to remove all the adhesive crap left.

Congrats on the new car man!:)

crex2nr
07-25-2003, 07:39 AM
congrats on the new car!!

StrangeShadow
07-25-2003, 10:16 AM
WHAT!!:mad: they shopuld give you ctr kit or something if they expect advertising!!

jaepoori
07-25-2003, 01:18 PM
hahahaha damn straight. EH. i might attend the MD BBQ meet. And oh my not ALL salesman but ours was a big a$$. There is a 1.9 APR going on which we knew of and we were trying to lower the price. He goes and says "okay, what about if we give you a special interest rate?" me and my dad looked at each other, and were like, "um, there is a special 1.9 APR going on, what the hell you talking about?" They tried to screw us over. Them farts. I love this car...