PDA

View Full Version : ? about turbo or supercharger

mevasick71
07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey does any one know how much the jackson sc will be ive email them but no response yet!!

also most bang for buck without alot of work
1 supercharger
2 turbo

im running crap times with my 03si 15.5 at 85mph ok reaction times but i want to get down 12ish so ive got to spend the $$$$

thanks

p.s. i live a 1/4 mile at a time (haha) not with my times

i used to have a mustang that smoked this but im hopeing not for
long!! with some help:p

staticflo
07-24-2003, 09:35 PM
welcome, i read about the jackson supercharger in a magazine, they are sweet i cant remember the p-rice tho, but it looked really nice....

CSMsi311
07-25-2003, 01:07 AM
i doubt the jrsc will get you in the 12's. my friends had jrsc @10 psi with just about every supporting mod and they were only doing 14.4 sec at 6000 ft. Guys with turbos are laying down low 14's, high 13's with not nearly as much invested, also at 6000 ft.

andy
07-25-2003, 10:30 AM
A guy from Jackson Racing is on this board and started a thread
called "Jackson Racing Supercharger", or something similar.
In fact, it's in this same forum (how you missed it, I dunno).
In there, I believe he answers the price question as well as a
few others - definitely worth a read.

That said, if you just want high power (i.e. a 1/4 mi car), then
you pretty much have to go turbo. Turbo gives you the potential
to make INSANE amounts of power.
A supercharger is built more for autocross/track racing, where you
get boost nearly any time you step on the gas. It's more of an
improvement over the whole revband, but it is also robbing the
engine of power and then putting it back with boost.

03BlueEP3
07-25-2003, 10:39 PM
One thing you have to remember is a super charger loses power to make power. Becasue te S/C uses a pully/belt system to spin the charger and the pully belt is driven the motor of the car, the car loses some power becasue it has to work harder to spin the extra pully but then gets it back plus more once the pully is spinning. With a turbo, it runs off the exhaust gases so you don't lose any power you just gain a lot more back. S/C are usually cheaper (just by a few bucks) but you won't make as much power as you would with a turbo. Just my 2cts.