PDA

View Full Version : Nedd Some Help - Question

epTheo
07-25-2003, 07:54 AM
hey whats up I just installed my AEM CAI, im new to this stuff first time doing a performance upgrade...jw is the engine check light suppose to be on ?

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2003, 09:13 AM
how many miles are on your car? Also make sure you IAT sensor is in the intake and is connected to the wiring.

epTheo
07-25-2003, 10:06 AM
about 2750 miles on it,yea the IAT sensor is in the intake.

epTheo
07-25-2003, 03:55 PM
nevermind got it to go away by restarting my ECU...thanks for the reply !

02SilverSiHB
07-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Tried to email you but it didn't go through

I'm not sure if I'm understanding everything you pm'd me.

On this part:
"...I didint do anything with the engine only took out the air box, the AISensor before i put it in didint really know how put it in i thought just stick it in hole cause my friend was helping out he took that out so i really didint know there was a another piece so i decide the hack theplastic part off to put it in, then next day i checked some images and sawa big black thing "

What plastic part did you take off? Did you take something off from the stock air box and put it in the hole to help keep the IAT senor in the intake?

"i checked some images and sawa big black thing comming out so i thought to myself it was right, so i check the stock and i found piece i used electrical tape to put it together do you think this could be causing it, but then again before i putted gas in the car there no light, could the light be also on cause taking way to much air? well if you have any clue or could help appreaciate it thank you.please email me at timeclibbers@hotmail.com cause my Pms wont work for some reason even though its always empty.thanks!-theo"

What black thing are you talking about, and coming out of what? Are you talking about the IAT that goes into the intake? What stock part did you find and what did you use the electircal tape on?

Basically the IAT goes into the new intake tube. There is usually a rubber piece that will fit inside the intake, so when you insert the IAT sensor, it will fit tightly. Did you ever cut anything on the IAT? The IAT is about 2 inches long, with a real small grey tip.