PDA

View Full Version : Steering problems/noise

asolo
07-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Have any of you guys experienced a muffled clicking that you can slightly feel in the steering when turning at slow speeds? It seems to happen just after I start the engine when am backing out of a parking space. Can't really tell if it happens when engine is warm or cold. :confused:

sonic imperial
07-25-2003, 09:11 AM
I think it's a common problem amongst several on this forum. I experience a knocking or rattle in the steering column when I'm turning and go over some uneven pavement (and I mean just the slightest change in pavement). Or even while straightline driving kinda slow through a neighborhood over some rougher pavement, the steering column or something down through there knocks badly. I just haven't said anything to the dealer, I have enough annoyance problems as it is. Heck, every time I take off from a stop I hear a popping sound come from the front end. I can't tell if it's the tranny or suspension. It's done it for nearly the life of the car so I've just lived with it.

02NJHondaep3
07-25-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking its the suspension. I'm dropping my car off at Honda today. I'll let you know what happens.

kenis138
07-25-2003, 10:11 AM
please do, i can same problem on slow left turns...anyone else out there, speak up, lets keep this bumped. Who has been to the dealer about it?

asolo
07-25-2003, 10:55 AM
I forgot to ask people who have this problem whether they have any mods or not. I am completely stock .

sonic imperial
07-25-2003, 11:16 AM
no mods here, stock.

02NJHondaep3
07-25-2003, 12:23 PM
No mods stock. I should get a call from the dealer soon. I dropped it off. They were a little annoyed about the lug nut too haha.

BlasTech
07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
i havent noticed anything like that, but if i did, i would suspect something was wrong in my CV joints and quickly get them checked, and maybe re-packed.

02NJHondaep3
07-25-2003, 05:25 PM
It turns out it was a cv joint. My dealer is replacing it free of charge.