PDA

View Full Version : Our AMAZING bumpers

PBN
07-25-2003, 04:57 PM
I was in DC at a client visit Tuesday. I had ridden along with a coworker. My secretary called mid-day with bad news... an old lady in a big blue Buick backed into the front of my car at my work parking lot, bashed it all in, popped the amber lens out. Then she fled the scene.
We called the police, luckily someone had witnessed the whole thing and they tracked her down. Meanwhile (back at the ranch), my secretary called back again. It's been two hours or so now. She says "you're not gonna believe this! Your bumper, it just sort of popped out, right back into place. It must've been the heat, or because it's black plastic, but I can't even find where she smacked into you anymore, except for the lens dangling out."
When I finally got back to the office, I was sick to see what the damage was. BUT, there wasn't a frickin scratch! Nothing! And the lens, well I just push/snapped it back in it's spot. It's all fine!

WHAT THE HELL?!!

From what she initially said, it was an ugly smash! Now, well, it's just gonzo. WTF??

:D

iR-VTEC2
07-25-2003, 05:59 PM
that same thing didnt happen to me!!! OH shit!

Spooky man. X-files-ish

RacingCivicSi02
07-25-2003, 06:51 PM
same thing happen to my rear bumper. I just use a hairdryer and it poped back out.

styllinep3
07-25-2003, 07:39 PM
thats those crush proof bumpers . they are wonderful.

gotta love that and glad to hear they work

raiyo
07-25-2003, 08:00 PM
There is a god I tell you.

Si02
07-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Only if they could make the doors that way with scratch resistant paint.

SI-lent
07-25-2003, 08:59 PM
same thing happened but sum lady hit me from behind. it did pop back out but there was like a 1/4 of an inch scratch and i got $360 for it. i was happy.

Suk02Si
07-28-2003, 01:30 AM
woah that's cool, i'm surprised you don't have any gashes or scrapes where it was hit.

PBN
07-28-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
woah that's cool, i'm surprised you don't have any gashes or scrapes where it was hit.

I know, I'm tellin you though... I'm so anal-retentive about stuff like that. I've gone over it a hundred times and there's no sign of any sort of accident. It's frickin weird. I've read the police report too, it was certainly obvious to the officer at the time.

greenguy
07-28-2003, 06:51 AM
Still have your car inspected. The 5mph front bumpers are designed to accept a blow and recover in good shape, but need to have the styrofoam replaced. Hell it will be on that old lady's dime, so...:)

jo3y
07-28-2003, 03:24 PM
I took a hit from a ford explorer doing about 15. It felt like she took out the rear end but upon inspection its fine. A few spider cracks in the paint but no body damage, scratches, ect

natesi
07-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Your paint may start to spyder in about a year. Also, the energy absorbing part of the bumper could be damged behind the bumper cover (which poped out). I'd have it looked at.