PDA

View Full Version : radar in the grill?

sleepin02si
07-26-2003, 06:48 AM
I remember reading somewhere about a radar that had sensor(s) mounted in the front of the vehicle. The display was mounted in the gauge cluster. Does anyone know anything about who makes it, how hard to install, how reliable, etc.?

andy
07-26-2003, 08:25 AM
I *think* you might be talking about the Valentine One (http://www.valentine1.com/).

I know it has a remote display and that you can mount it in
the trunk or somewhere like that, but I'm not too sure about
the grill. That said, it's supposed to be THE best detector on
the market - it runs about $400, I think.

sleepin02si
07-26-2003, 10:06 AM
The Valentine was definately my choice before I satrted thinking about have that obnoxious machine planted on my windshield. Many friends have had one over the years, they all rave it's the best. The concealable unit I was not aware of. I checked out the site and I love what I see. However, I still would like to find out about the one that is invisible to the passing eye of an ocifer. Thanks for the response, as I said, I didn't know about the otional conceal unit.

stubbs
07-26-2003, 10:13 AM
No he is talking about the K40 setup. Its ok but the best still is the Valentine 1 that the previous poster recommended. The K40 is over 10 years old. But they did come out with a new laser scrambler that really worked well when tested.

sleepin02si
07-26-2003, 10:29 AM
I will stick with getting the Valentine 1. Thanks to all for your help

master7
07-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Whatz the price range of a V1?

Gasp23
07-29-2003, 10:30 AM
I think it goes for something like $400

master7
07-29-2003, 11:58 AM
JEEZ- I dont know if thats worth it- heck I got a little 100 dollar radar- i speed pretty much all the time and haven't gotten a ticket yet .. I mean the best radar is still the human eyes and the brain of common sense. I mean if you trueley speeding there is no radar in the world that can stop the man from catching you in due time. I think luck plays more a role than anything. I dont know maybe its cause right now i dont have 400 laying around for one ....

sleepin02si
07-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by master7
JEEZ- I dont know if thats worth it- heck I got a little 100 dollar radar- i speed pretty much all the time and haven't gotten a ticket yet .. I mean the best radar is still the human eyes and the brain of common sense. I mean if you trueley speeding there is no radar in the world that can stop the man from catching you in due time. I think luck plays more a role than anything. I dont know maybe its cause right now i dont have 400 laying around for one ....

I agree with you about the use of common sense and luck. However, I will still make this point. The v1 covers almost every band out there. It also tells which direction and how many signals are pinging the detector. For everyday use, you can learn where you usually get a false signal. By knowing how many hits are on a particular stretch of road, you can better decide if "now" is the time to try. As you said, everybody gets caught sooner or later, but I like increasing the chances that I'm right;)

Final note (for now), I totally agree. DAMN it is expensive, but worth it in my opinion