PDA

View Full Version : rev hard t3/t4 turbo kit

sleepin02si
07-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Has anyone heard anything about this kit? Here is a link that can take you to the dyno chart.

Rev Hards Website (http://www.revhard.com/main.html)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
07-26-2003, 09:42 AM
This has been discussed many, many times.
Search is a wonderful feature. ;)

sleepin02si
07-26-2003, 09:45 AM
Here is alink to the turbos.

stage 2 turbo (http://www.revhard.com/turbokits.html)

ssvr6
07-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Why don't you do a search in these forums. We have a RevHard Stage 1 user.

Steve

sleepin02si
07-26-2003, 02:26 PM
I have searched the forum...

87gn
07-26-2003, 08:41 PM
is it just me or are they trying to advoid any information dealing on the turbos size? i dont see no charts nor a/r's:rolleyes:

87gn
07-26-2003, 08:54 PM
i sent them a email, this aut to be intresting.

87gn
07-29-2003, 10:45 PM
well it only took 2 days for a responce and the guy could not tell me any specs on the turbo:o sounds like there selling turbos and dont even know what they are, real great customer searvice that they have on there hands.:rolleyes: if i ever get the specs i can get the parts numbers for all the parts that they are selling in the kits and most likely with useing gn vendors (theres not to many left so there really good on prices) i could cut the kit price in half maby alittle more but you all would have to order the parts from several diffrent companys to complete the kits.

sleepin02si
07-30-2003, 04:17 AM
To me, it seems like a lot of companies don't give enough web-based info. I would love to save money on mine by putting the kit together myself. Unfortunately, I still need my suspension first. I will keep you in mind when I need help in the future;)

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 05:00 AM
What's funny is that an employee from RevHard just replied to a DIFFERENT thread in this forum and didn't answer this one.

NICE.

Steve

87gn
07-30-2003, 05:33 PM
nor did they awnser my email about the a/r sizes, compressor wheel size, and compressor map :rolleyes:

EPHatchgirl
07-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
What's funny is that an employee from RevHard just replied to a DIFFERENT thread in this forum and didn't answer this one.

NICE.

Steve

:confused: :D *Chokin' on my KoolAid*
Wurd.

87gn
07-31-2003, 11:26 PM
still no replys:o im going to change my tactic and email them again in a few days and act like im intrested in buying a kit. how much do you all want to bet that ill get better service?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 87gn
still no replys:o im going to change my tactic and email them again in a few days and act like im intrested in buying a kit. how much do you all want to bet that ill get better service?

If you're THAT interested in the turbo specs why dont you just pick up a damn phone and call them.

(818) 766-0REV (0738) Tel.

The internet has made people so F'N lazy!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-01-2003, 08:08 AM
well it only took 2 days for a responce and the guy could not tell me any specs on the turbo:o sounds like there selling turbos and dont even know what they are, real great customer searvice that they have on there hands.:rolleyes: if i ever get the specs i can get the parts numbers for all the parts that they are selling in the kits and most likely with useing gn vendors (theres not to many left so there really good on prices) i could cut the kit price in half maby alittle more but you all would have to order the parts from several diffrent companys to complete the kits.

Bro, anybody can "piece together" a turbo kit and pay someone to fabricate the plumbing. We don't need part numbers. If someone wanted to go that route i'm sure they could come up with something alot more impressive than what Rev Hard is offering; for the same price.

You can be sure that when I go turbo (when i find a damn J.O.B), I will be going the custom route. I have a mechanical engineer friend who specializes in this type of thing and his work is just SICK (see www.full-race.com). May end up costing me close to the price of a bolt on kit, but the quality/materials used will be FAR superior to anything available right now.

87gn
08-01-2003, 02:22 PM
Bro, anybody can "piece together" a turbo kit and pay someone to fabricate the plumbing. We don't need part numbers. If someone wanted to go that route i'm sure they could come up with something alot more impressive than what Rev Hard is offering; for the same price.

the thing is not every one can build a custom turbo setup, by the way your talking about it being so easy i have searious doubts that you know how to eather.

i was going to put togeather a recipie of known parts that will work togeather so that the normal guy (AND YOU) can buy the kit peace by peace from the cheapest turbo and parts dealers possable with the best quality parts. so sue me if i want to save some of you guys alittle cash but aparently some people dont like that idea.:rolleyes:

sleepin02si
08-04-2003, 03:29 PM

the thing is not every one can build a custom turbo setup, by the way your talking about it being so easy i have searious doubts that you know how to eather.

i was going to put togeather a recipie of known parts that will work togeather so that the normal guy (AND YOU) can buy the kit peace by peace from the cheapest turbo and parts dealers possable with the best quality parts. so sue me if i want to save some of you guys alittle cash but aparently some people dont like that idea.:rolleyes:

I agree 100%. Not everyone has the know-how and experience need to do these things, myself included. I'm still new to modifying cars and know very little about turbos. I'm sure I'm not alone on this site, either. Also, i DON'T know any engineers, so it would probably cost me a lot more to have the same custom work done, using the same parts you would. Don't jump on others so quickly, they may only want to learn from you. So if you really care about the rest of us, share your experiences with your fellow enthusists. If you don't like what people on this thread have to say, say your piece about using the search feature, and walk away. Nobody said it was a requirement to share all your knowledge with us, we would just appreciate learning from you guys much more. Let all of us learn from each other.

Sorry for the rant...:(

87gn
08-04-2003, 07:58 PM
share your experiences with your fellow enthusists

thats what ive been trying to do check out some of the other threads, in one i provide info on alkey injection and one of the others about toulene and mixing for higher octanes.

Don't jump on others so quickly

might wana re read the posts, i got jumped on first. besides my last post may have been alittle "smart assed" but in no way was i jumping on him.

this is not the issue any way. the real issue is a company that is royally screwing some of you overhttp://home.mindspring.com/~earlbrown/smileys/nudgenudgewinkwink.gif

sleepin02si
08-04-2003, 10:20 PM

thats what ive been trying to do check out some of the other threads, in one i provide info on alkey injection and one of the others about toulene and mixing for higher octanes.

might wana re read the posts, i got jumped on first. besides my last post may have been alittle "smart assed" but in no way was i jumping on him.

this is not the issue any way. the real issue is a company that is royally screwing some of you overhttp://home.mindspring.com/~earlbrown/smileys/nudgenudgewinkwink.gif

I was siding with you by saying that I agreed with your reply to ADAMnQuickCIVIC. Anyways, I agree again, we do get ripped off by the turbo kits. I'm still looking for people who are local to go and talk to as well in order to learn more. I'm also hoping that one of these people I talk to can actually do what ADAMnQuickCIVIC was talking about, without screwing it up, and be affordable.

87gn
08-04-2003, 10:44 PM
sorry about that i misread the post:)

i dont really thing that there will be many if any local shops capable of a turbo swap unless they knock off a kit thats already being made, even if they could make a totally custom kit would you really trust some one who has little to no experiance with the ep engine? until some one makes a recipie with a diy turbo kit people are eather going to be forced at taking the risk of letting a shop rape you or letting a company like rev hard rape you and in some cases both.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-05-2003, 07:18 AM

87gn...
I have nothing against you trying to help anyone out...
And don't wanna come off as rude or "all-knowing"...
But personally, i wouldn't TOUCH a turbo "recipe" coming from a Buick guy...
Don't think that you know anything about turbo'ing a Honda just because you drive a turbo Buick...
And as for you "having serious doubts that I "know how eather" because i was "talking about it being so easy"...

#1.) I never said it was easy. And it's certainly not for everybody. Nobody should attempt it unless you have a skilled/EXPERIENCED professional guiding you through it, or better yet, performing the work.

#2.) I could talk you under the table regarding turbo Hondas because I *OWNED* one for over 6 years (have you?), and I know all the challenges and nuances presented by turbocharging a factory non-turbo car. I did alot of the work myself and learned alot in the process trying many different parts; Not only that I have stood by and watched numerous turbo Hondas built, and even given a helping hand; including a low 10 sec (quick at the time- 1998) hatch. Turbo HONDAS and turbo BUICKS have very little in common.

So before you start calling people ignorant...perhaps you should look in the mirror first. ;)

ssvr6
08-05-2003, 07:32 AM
DOH!

Steve

87gn
08-05-2003, 03:18 PM
But personally, i wouldn't TOUCH a turbo "recipe" coming from a Buick guy...

thats kind of funny because what i wanted to do was knock off a existing turbo kit NOT build a custom one as in the recipie would be comeing from another companty but at a cheaper price

like i said i was looking for parts numbers so that i can cross referance them useing my venders and make a list of the EXACT SAME parts used in a turbo kit. that means that the normal guy could print out a list of the parts and whos the cheapest company to buy the parts from. in other words it would be the SAME kit BUT the people that cant afford to buy the whole kit from a company like rev hard and get raped in the process could buy the kit part by part from cheaper venders when ever he gets alittle spare cash.

#1.) I never said it was easy. And it's certainly not for everybody. Nobody should attempt it unless you have a skilled/EXPERIENCED professional guiding you through it, or better yet, performing the work.

hmmmm thats kind of funny because aint these your exact words from a few posts back?

Bro, anybody can "piece together" a turbo kit

Turbo HONDAS and turbo BUICKS have very little in common.

basic turbo theorys comes to mind

So before you start calling people ignorant...perhaps you should look in the mirror first

please quote me calling you ignorant

sleepin02si
08-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Ok, do we all agree that ADAMnQuickCIVIC has explained himself very well? Can we also agree that we understand that 87gn was simply trying to save money for the average Joe by taking a little of the guess work out of a making a pieced together kit? Can we go back to discussing the turbo kits again?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC - What are a couple of the nuances of the conversion? I've heard that there are quite a few, but no one ever told me what any of them were. I'm def. interested in going turbo, but want to make sure I know them a bit first.

87gn - How long do you think it would take to put together that parts list? Don't get me wrong, I don't have turbo money for a good while anyway. Some one else here might have their money sooner.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-05-2003, 04:47 PM

there's the quote you asked for.

in case you don't know the meaning of "ignorant":

Main Entry: ig

87gn
08-05-2003, 06:42 PM
87gn - How long do you think it would take to put together that parts list? Don't get me wrong, I don't have turbo money for a good while anyway. Some one else here might have their money sooner.

well, if i could find out for sure what turbos there running i could call around and find the best price for that turbo then i would have to contact terrys wife sence hes in jail and find out how much it would cost to bend the pipes but i need the domensiens of the pipes. the rest should be fairly easy to find useing diffrent venders but i need a parts list and numbers.

maby 2 weeks if i can get the part numbers and demensions on the pipes. all im doing is compairison shoping with known cheap venders and then listing all the ordering info on to the site. i was going to try it with the rev hard kit but after the news about the guy whos ep caught on fire i think it would be best to make a list of another kit.

there's the quote you asked for.

in case you don't know the meaning of "ignorant":

did you not say that anybody can "piece together" a turbo kit? sounds like what you call ignorance my self but did i stright out call you ignorant?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by sleepin02si

ADAMnQuickCIVIC - What are a couple of the nuances of the conversion? I've heard that there are quite a few, but no one ever told me what any of them were. I'm def. interested in going turbo, but want to make sure I know them a bit first.

Let's see...
If you're going the custom route there are a few issues to tackle when boosting ANY factory non-turbo vehicle...
But let's talk ep:
An obvious ep-specific issue would be the fact that we don't have a fuel return line...
Whereas with the older honda's, you could simply throw on a FMU (boost dependant fuel pressure regulator) to bump the fuel pressure a certain amount PER psi of boost, it's not that simple anymore...
You "could" add a custom return line, OR you could add a fuel pump, bigger injectors and some sort of fuel controller; OR go all out with a stand alone engine management system.

Another issue you're going to have to deal with is the ECU sensing positive manifold pressure (boost!)...this will cause a check engine light. One trick is to add one-way check valves inline with the vaccuum lines to trick the MAP sensor...there's also products you can buy such as "The Missing Link" or the GReddy "black box".

I just listed a couple (and beleive me i've got more), but these are just some things you can look forward to when turbocharging a Naturally Aspirated car.

revhardsales
08-07-2003, 01:03 AM

i wanted to do was knock off a existing turbo kit NOT build a custom one as in the recipie would be comeing from another companty but at a cheaper price

EXACT SAME parts used in a turbo kit. that means that the normal guy could print out a list of the parts and whos the cheapest company to buy the parts from. in other words it would be the SAME kit BUT the people that cant afford to buy the whole kit from a company like rev hard and get raped in the process.

Is this why your so upset at us when we can't tell yo what turbo spec we are running. At least with all this sh** you're saying about us, that we are still glad you want to run our combination. IS it really true that you don't even own an EP or a Honda. If you don't, then you're just like those Mustang boys that used to talk sh*t about our rice burners and then try to get in the industry by copying others hard work or go racing in this program. Let me guess you're just trying to help the club members out right? If you want to get in the industry, at least spend some of your own money. Buy a car or lease one, design your products, blow up the engine, buy parts that don't work, pay for dyno, tooling, fabrication are you starting to get the hint why there is such a thing called a mark-up on the price. IF you have a kid, how do you expect to feed that kid after you just spent all that money developing a turbo kit. Oh I forgot you just call companies and ask them for turbo specs and copy their parts for cheaper and sell it to make enough for you to pay your mortgage. Or you probably still live at home so the little profit you make is just enough for you to take your girlfriend out, if you have any.

02SilverSiHB
08-07-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by revhardsales

Is this why your so upset at us when we can't tell yo what turbo spec we are running. At least with all this sh** you're saying about us, that we are still glad you want to run our combination. IS it really true that you don't even own an EP or a Honda. If you don't, then you're just like those Mustang boys that used to talk sh*t about our rice burners and then try to get in the industry by copying others hard work or go racing in this program. Let me guess you're just trying to help the club members out right? If you want to get in the industry, at least spend some of your own money. Buy a car or lease one, design your products, blow up the engine, buy parts that don't work, pay for dyno, tooling, fabrication are you starting to get the hint why there is such a thing called a mark-up on the price. IF you have a kid, how do you expect to feed that kid after you just spent all that money developing a turbo kit. Oh I forgot you just call companies and ask them for turbo specs and copy their parts for cheaper and sell it to make enough for you to pay your mortgage. Or you probably still live at home so the little profit you make is just enough for you to take your girlfriend out, if you have any.
:eek:

ssvr6
08-07-2003, 05:03 AM
That has to be the most unprofessional reply from a company I have ever read.

Woo Hoo for you! :rolleyes:

Steve

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-07-2003, 06:13 AM
unprofessional, but true.

ssvr6
08-07-2003, 06:57 AM
Why can't we know what's for sale? I don't get it. I don't think that it should be a secret. While I agree, the turbo specs are important, it's the car's fueling that's the real challenge and a good turbo set up won't help with that.

At least that's my take on it.

My main point is this, if I'm a businessman, or a company trying to make it in a world of mail order and internet coupons, I sure as hell wouldn't come a site and start cursing at people and saying that they don't have girlfriends.

That's not how you get sales.

A prime example of this was Unforgettable Sound and Performance. When Chris Green started it up, the business part of tuning was new to him. He came off as unprofessional and that hurt his sales. In almost 2 years he's turned that around and is really coming up on the business side and his company is rapidly growing. (If you don't know USP, they make the RSX-S test pipe.)

A good product is only as good as the people that stand behind it. I don't think I'd feel comfortable spending my money with a company that feels a need to defend itself with profanity and insults.

That's all. I'm not attacking your company, just you and your lack of prefessionalism on an internet message board. This could have been resolved intelligently and without instance if you had approaced this issue calmly.

..just my opinion.

Now, I know I'm a prick like that, but I'm not selling anything either. ;)

Steve

87gn
08-07-2003, 12:14 PM
this is to good, i thaught the bike insult was funny on the other thread but this is profesional comdy in work. if ya dont want me to make a parts list fine, i give in, but not because i respect your company. i give in because your doing more damage to your own bussiness then 100 turbo buick guys could, you need all the help you can get.

btw i was never planing on making a cent off of this list

revhardsales
08-07-2003, 05:16 PM
How do you members think we should handle this? We can help you anytime when you have tech questions. Call us! But coming from a personal stand point, I don't think it's right for anybody to talk sh** about anybody. It is probably hurting business, you're right but all business aside, doesn't everyone bash each other on the forum anyways. So should we just keep on taking all this sh** about people trying to copy, bash etc.

myeverlovinsir
08-07-2003, 05:32 PM
I cannot believe this thread, want to resolve this? then Revhard needs to hire someone with more technical savy and business demeanor.
I wonder if his boss knows about this? Probably not.

One would hope that ANY (good or bad) interest in Revhard products could be
handled in a professional way. Good luck to you:(

tony speed
08-14-2003, 03:27 PM
as a newbie, i for one am not going to take a person's word for saying that their turbo kit is the bomb. I'm making darn well sure that quality parts are being used and that the compressor being used fits my engine better than the other guy. So what if someone steals your set-up? There will always be bigger and better and any mass produced set-up is not going to be used by someone who wants to be the biggest and the best. How can you be faster than everyone else when you buy a mass produced kit??? The bottom line is, openess begets trust. What kind of parts are you using to built my 500,000 house? - we can't tell you cause it's a trade secret.....that comes off a bit shady in my opinion. just by 2cents as a newbie

Civic03Si
08-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Is it just me or can anybody else tell that ADAMnQuickCIVIC used to be a cop, by just reading his posts?lol

87gn
08-14-2003, 06:30 PM
i hang out with alot of cops and i dont know about that. my theory is its just where my hamster crawled up in there to die:D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Civic03Si
Is it just me or can anybody else tell that ADAMnQuickCIVIC used to be a cop, by just reading his posts?lol

watch it or i'll get 87gn to use his dildo on you.