PDA

View Full Version : minor problem/annoyance - anyone have any suggestions?

BlackBullet02Si
07-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Just got back from a 5 week summer program and of course the first thing I did was get in my car and take her for a spin. I'd put on the K & N typhoon just before leaving and I continue to love it. Don't think i lost too much of anything down low and there's definite gains in the mid and top areas of the range.

Anyway, on to the problem.

I get to a perfectly straight road and start driving. When I look at the wheel, I notice that it isn't pointing straight anymore. When the car is riding in a straight line, the wheel is turned about 30 or so degrees to the left. When I straighten out the steering wheel, the car turns to the right. Anyone have any idea what happened? I've had the car for a couple months, and never had anything like this happen before. Thanks for any help.

Civicvtec1ps
07-26-2003, 12:20 PM
just get realignment.
that will do it..

the JigGa mAn
07-26-2003, 12:36 PM
yep realignment will take care of it...i say take it to honda

BlasTech
07-26-2003, 12:49 PM
5 weeks off of driving? could be the tire pressure, check it out.

potator
07-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Yup, just sounds like you need an alignment... no biggy at all.
Did you by chance, leave your front wheels turned slightly at either angle while your car was parked during the five weeks?

BlackBullet02Si
07-26-2003, 03:49 PM
ok guys thanks for the help - realignment sounds like it would do it, but is that under warranty?

it wasn't that the car wasn't driven at all for 5 weeks, my dad took it for a spin occasionally, but i'm sure he parked with the wheels pointing to the side.
damn

Civicvtec1ps
07-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BlackBullet02Si
ok guys thanks for the help - realignment sounds like it would do it, but is that under warranty?

it wasn't that the car wasn't driven at all for 5 weeks, my dad took it for a spin occasionally, but i'm sure he parked with the wheels pointing to the side.
damn
i bet he hit the curve
haha
alignment wont be under warranty but you can go to dealer to see whats up..

JLannoo
07-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

i bet he hit the curve
haha
alignment wont be under warranty but you can go to dealer to see whats up..

Alignment is under warranty for 1 year or 12,000 miles whatever comes first. As long as they cant prove he knocked it out driving stupid or modifying it.

SdRaWKcaBsSA
07-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
5 weeks off of driving? could be the tire pressure, check it out.

Definitely check air pressure, FIRST. I had the same problem until yesterday. Filled tires with right amount of air. Problem gone! Besides, cheaper to get air than to go get an alignment you may NOT need.