PDA

View Full Version : any good tips in keeping my black ep clean?

jaepoori
07-26-2003, 09:00 PM
got any tips? throw some ideas in

BSEVEER
07-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Get a garage:D Black is the hardest color to keep clean but when they are...damn they look good! Sorry, no help here. I would go insane trying to keep a black car clean.

BarracksSi
07-27-2003, 01:45 AM
So far, I've kept mine clean by keeping a good coat of wax on it, plus frequent washing (usually monthly, although I washed it twice this past week to get off some bird crap) and more-frequent dusting (California Car Duster for me... and yes, people glance at me funny.. lol).

I'm thinking of going with Zaino's in a month or so when I've got time to kill. We'll see how things go after that.

02TafWhtSi
07-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Black is the hardest color to keep clean but when they are...damn they look good!

I agree totally - but I'm WAY too lazy to get one :D

BarracksSi
07-27-2003, 07:57 AM
Hehe... I should add that I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I got mine. I just saw it on the showroom floor and thought, "Goddamn, that looks GOOD..."

If I had to choose again, I still don't think I'd get any other color. It's just freakin' sweet.

skinsfsu
07-31-2003, 10:24 PM
i use Zymol productsand have for 8 years and think theres nuthin better. they make difarent waxes for dif. colors and make a wax especially for japanese paints called japon. go to zymol.com to check it out. black is the sweetest color but i wont ever buy another one car now is silver. u can also use the california duster. i use it once a day and you'll be amazed how much cleaner your car stays. great for any color but a must have for someone with a black car. doesnt strip wax or scratch the finish. u can pick one up at most any auto parts store. pep boys, auto zone or whatever. hope it helps u.

SiR Medic
08-01-2003, 04:24 AM
This has been asked before, but I'll forgive you 'cuz of your excellent color choice!:D

Step 1. Get good carwash soap. (Meguire's is very good)

Step 2. Get a California water blade and a nice terry cloth towel for drying. (helps reduce water marks)

Step 3. Get a good scratch remover like Scratch-X (black shows scratches bad)

Step 4. Get a clay bar. (removing surface contanimants is key!)

Step 5. Get GOOD polish and wax (once again, I like Meguires 3 step, it's a lot of work but worth it!)

Step 6. Get a buffer! (this makes waxing/polishing a little easier and that final buff REALLY makes it shine!)

You might also want to consider a California Car Duster and some Quick Detailer for between washings.

Yeah... It is a lot of work... I wash my car at least once a week and I polish/wax/buff it every month... But the results are worth it!:p

jaepoori
08-01-2003, 09:44 PM
wow thanks, i will try to go along those lines...its going to be mad hard. But im willing. Im so anal about dents and scratches. I guess im goign to use the scratch x/polish/wax once a month
thanks~:)

Karim
08-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by RedLight_Si
Zaino.
Zaino Bros. (http://www.zainostore.com/)

can't argue with that! pictures are worth a 1000 words.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/blacktalg.jpg

Karim
(zaino addict)

BlackNRedSi
08-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Karim

can't argue with that! pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Karim
(zaino addict)

Yeah and i wonder how many LONG LONG hours maybe even 2 days it took them to get that car that CLEAN with that many curves in that car....its sooo SHIIIINY! :)

i-WERKS
08-18-2003, 07:16 AM
I use meguires 3 step deep crystal system with the gold class wax.
California car duster every morning. (and right before it rains)
Keep a bottle of quick detailer and a cotton rag in the trunk.

SIRMcD
08-31-2003, 10:18 PM
Behold the power of Zaino!! Cloudy day, no flash. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pa0bcac217cde82e2ca99c3e46a1e53ea/fb38d091.jpg

Karim
09-03-2003, 10:17 PM
very nice SIRMcD! :cool:

Karim

SIRMcD
09-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Yes, I am quite handsom aren't I!!:D Ya this zaino rocks, I only used step 5 once and step 2 once, I plan on doing some more work to it, I do have some questions about the clay bar, it never got soft, kind of stayed hard , I used the wash as a lubricant. Is this normal?

chubbychu
09-03-2003, 10:28 PM
wow...you guys are freaks.

i think im gonna wash my car...and than saran wrap it...so if it gets dirty...peel it off and throw it away...woohoo! jk jk.

Karim
09-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SIRMcD
Yes, I am quite handsom aren't I!!:D Ya this zaino rocks, I only used step 5 once and step 2 once, I plan on doing some more work to it, I do have some questions about the clay bar, it never got soft, kind of stayed hard , I used the wash as a lubricant. Is this normal?

yup seems rather normal.

Use the Z7 wash (about a cap full) mixed with water in a spray bottle as lubricant. The claybar slides right over the surface with very little resistance unless your paint is really contaminated. You shouldn't need to give it much pressure and make sure your always turning or tearing it once it gets dirty. When claybaring make sure you keep the surface well lubricated. Sometimes it's hard to find out if the area needs to be clayed some more by just feeling it, the best way to find out is to put a zip loc bag or something over you hand and feel the paint. You'll feel where it's rough and needs to be clayed. Also remember to wash your car after to get off any film lubricant that's left on there.

Also since you have black you knwo them ore coats you put on the deeper the shine gets. One of the latest trends with black cars is using P12S Carnuba wax on top of Zaino and it gives it an even better and deeper shine. Here is a shot of a car of a fellow S2ki member (wanabe)

http://www.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/61532/6/

I've seen similar results without P12S but it does require to put on 3 coats or more which can get kinda of a pain if you odn't use ZFX. With ZFX it's easy since it dries so much quicker and lets you reapply quicker.

Best of luck!
Karim

MrCivic03
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
i want to try some zanio but i want to kno what i will need to make my black ep very very shiney and i want my swirl marks gone bc they piss me off GDit. well for everyone scratchX is good but drys very fast so make sure ur car is very cold or u will leave just more swirls and scratchs
-andrew

Karim
09-04-2003, 05:24 PM
http://www.zainostore.com/

This kit has everything you'll need http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino

Karim

SIRMcD
09-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Ya, I used the zfx, killed one of the mixing bottles but it was quick, I have alot of paint damage from all the miles I put on but my swirl marks were pretty much gone.