PDA

View Full Version : a/f gauge ecu wire

GeNoZiDe
07-26-2003, 11:42 PM
im tryin to wire up my a/f gauge, but n e 1 know which wire on the ECU is for the o2 sensor? i got a black and white one but im not sure if thats the one. it gives a readin but i dunno if its correct

i got the autometer ultralite air fuel gauge, when it idles it stays at the bottom of stoch, but i think it supposed to blink back and forth then. Im not sure n e 1 got one?

JSIR
07-27-2003, 06:37 AM
there are two sensors, you need to connect to the number one sensor to get an accurate reading.

there are two wires for the number one air fuel sensor which are both are located on the 31 P connector that goes into the ecu. The number six wire is red colour wire at the middle top of the ecu connector, this is the positive wire from the air fuel sensor. Then there is a negative wire from the air fuel sensor, the negative wire is wire number sixteen at the bottom of the connnector, it is red/yellow (red wire with yellow stripe) wire. I kinda think you need to connect to both wires to get a proper signal.

hth

Joey

GeNoZiDe
07-27-2003, 11:33 AM
wire both of em?
the A/f gauge only got one purple wire for the o2 sensor though
u mean split that wire in to 2?
it has a ground but i jus grounded that and hooked up the power to the power

thanks for info :D

JSIR
07-27-2003, 01:03 PM
if you grounded the unit already then just splice into the red wire (positive), if that doesn't give you the signal then try the red/yellow wire. One of them should work when you splice into them.

good luck

Joey

ephatchback
07-27-2003, 04:17 PM
If the guage is at the bottom of stoich at idle you're ok. It doesn't start swinging until you're cruising. When you mash out it will give you the reading you want to look at. From the way you described it, your guage is working fine now. I did a how-to on this a while back, but for safety sake I connected it to the black o2 wire in the cat. I don't like fucking around w/ my ecu wires.

B18CXr
07-29-2003, 12:43 PM
the factory primary sensor is a differential O2 sensor, thus making any form of aftermarket A/F useless, you'll have to use the secondary sensor.