PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new SI also!

PogoFX
08-26-2002, 04:47 PM
I just got my new '02 SI this weekend. This is my second SI, first was a '92. I personally love hatches; I am still mad that I sold the first one. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I went searching the web for forums and found ClubSI. I thought, people really hate this car, why? But, I was relieved to find this forum, and to see that so many people are as happy with their car as I am. Including people who used to own 99-00 SI's.

I traded in a '00 Jetta 1.8T that was chipped out to 195HP and 235 ft-lbs of torque. Yeah, this car doesn't have the straight line acceleration that the Jetta had, but SI brings a smile to my face everytime I turn the key. I'm happy to be apart of the family!

:D

iR-VTEC2
08-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the club my friend! The jetta also does not have a 10 outta 10 front impact rating like the EP3. I think :D

IceD out N CALI
08-26-2002, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the site, and congradulations on your new ep hatch.

ULTRAMANIA
08-26-2002, 05:04 PM
always a pleasure to see a new member of the fam. enjoy you're new hatchie.. heh heh heh

BoricuaSi
08-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Funny how it's hard to get rid of hatches when you love them huh? This is my third hatchback and I still can't seem to grow out of them. Anyways, this is by far the nicest. Many people do not like this EP mainly because people are generally afraid of changes. It'll grow an everyone, just give it time.

02blksi
08-26-2002, 05:22 PM
195HP and 235 ft-lbs

thats kinda weird to see that much a of a difference between trq and whp.:confused: Congratulations on the new EP purchase, you wont be sorry. --joe :)

snubnose
08-27-2002, 03:42 AM
I'm just curious, pogoFX, why did you sell the Jetta?

JayDMep
08-27-2002, 09:05 AM
congrats on your purchase and welcome, oh and if you find yourself driving around with a huge grin on your face it's just the car! nothing abnormal goin on

PogoFX
08-27-2002, 03:43 PM
I sold the Jetta mainly due to service and reliabilty questions. The closest VW dealership is over 1 hr away (I recently moved). I had to have it towed that far the last two times I brought it in. Most recently it took them 2 weeks to replace a bad altenator (getting parts is SLOWWWWW). Before that, they had it for a month to fix an overheat problem. They broke all kinds of stuff trying to fix the problem, and then didn't have the tools to fix it. Both times they returned the car with things that they had fixed improperly or damaged. (car leaking oil now, no power stearing fluid, hoses not reattached, other components not reinstalled properly, crap spilled all over engine, etc.) They refused to give me a loaner car. Its was too much hassle to be down to one car with a family. I finally just got so pissed off that I got rid of it for something more reliable that I can get serviced everywhere. The SI is way more fun to drive, despite being quite a bit slower. :)