PDA

View Full Version : Mugen EP3 Sports Suspension Kit Cheapest Place

Pir8pete
07-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get the Mugen EP3 Sports Suspension Kit, i have found these guys -> http://kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?detail=1549

Also will the TODA FIGHTEX Coilover System fit are cars and perform good? -> http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/fightex_coilovers.html

what would you go with? i'm leaning to the Mugen's alittle more cuz of bumpsteer issue plus 1.5 drop seems ok, it's a practical drop not too much not too little!

SiR Medic
07-27-2003, 06:07 PM
How much are the Todas?

They seem a lot like the Mugen ones... Non-adjustable, etc.

My knee-jerk reaction would be to go with the Mugens, just cuz I'm a sucker for 'em.:D

rswbrixton
07-27-2003, 06:15 PM
A-J Racing is getting my 1375.00 plus GST for Mugen setup .

6-8 weeks delivery . But im convinced they are the way to go for my driving and four seasons.

02TafWhtSi
07-27-2003, 08:42 PM
My Mugen Sports kit was $1K (US) from King + $45 shipping.

Joker
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Mike at www.ipsracing.com is doing a group buy, and has the best price that I have seen :)

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-27-2003, 11:14 PM
IPS is $950 with 10+ people in the group buy. Not exactly stellar, but basically like getting them for King's price of $1000 with free shipping. Too bad that they're so heavy.

Those TODAs look really nice, but I don't think that I need coilovers. I don't see ever changing them once I got it set.

EKthenEPnow
07-28-2003, 05:32 AM
Toda Toda Toda

Just as their cams and Engine internals are nicer and ALOT MORE HARDCORE than mugen stuff (I dream of Toda B-Spec Cams) so too is their suspension stuff (plus it is ride height adjustable)

Call JRP in Toronto ( I think they are Mugen and Toda Reps)

W

rs-sex
07-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by EKthenEPnow
Toda Toda Toda

Just as their cams and Engine internals are nicer and ALOT MORE HARDCORE than mugen stuff (I dream of Toda B-Spec Cams) so too is their suspension stuff (plus it is ride height adjustable)

Call JRP in Toronto ( I think they are Mugen and Toda Reps)

W

The toda setup will be 3-4x's that of the mugen setup. You can't really compare them.

I would agree with you about everything else though. These mugens are a great deal for what you get.

How are you getting them for $1350 from Alan is this a special price, I haven't heard back from Ben when I talked to him about his price, but orginally he priced them to be for $1420 for my rsx.

todaCspec
07-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Decisions, decisions!
Mugen = great stuff, but Toda = wet pants stuff.

Toda 4 sure! :p

LordKoo
07-29-2003, 02:35 PM
What gives???? Mike @ipsracing does not respond???!!!!!

Hmm... I think KW's coilovers are as good or better than Toda's.

Hmm.... Mugen or KW or Toda.... darn.... tough choice!

jerky
07-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
How much are the Todas?

They seem a lot like the Mugen ones... Non-adjustable, etc.

My knee-jerk reaction would be to go with the Mugens, just cuz I'm a sucker for 'em.:D

what makes you say the todas are non-adjustable? the fact that there are adjustable perches on them or the fact that the description says they are adjustable?

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by jerky

what makes you say the todas are non-adjustable? the fact that there are adjustable perches on them or the fact that the description says they are adjustable?

Um, the fact that they don't appear to be rebound or compression adjustable? Just a guess.

jerky
07-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by SiMPLE_SiMON

Um, the fact that they don't appear to be rebound or compression adjustable? Just a guess.

Um, just cause the picture doesn't show the top doesn't mean they are not adjustable. the FS are 12 way damper adjustable, fuckshit. now take your tongue out of his asshole and go away.

trk
07-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by jerky

Um, just cause the picture doesn't show the top doesn't mean they are not adjustable. the FS are 12 way damper adjustable, fuckshit. now take your tongue out of his asshole and go away.

lol

he said "fuckshit" ...
heheh

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-29-2003, 06:19 PM
How about sucking my cock, Jerky. I'm sure that you can wrestle your mom off of it for a few minutes.

jerky
07-29-2003, 07:04 PM
oh, you SO got me! excellent comeback, how long did it take you to come up with that?:rolleyes::D

pm me if you want to start arguing.:p

SiMPLE_SiMON
07-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Don't feel too bad, Jerky. You're not the first bitch that I've slapped today and you won't be the last. You're nothing special.

Back to the topic at hand. The TODAs are not 3-4 times the price of the Mugens, but will be about $2300 retail. They'll be a LOT lighter than the Mugens since the Mugens are heavier than stock.

The Spoons will be out very soon as well, but will likely be about the same weight as the Mugens but a bit more expensive because they don't come with springs. The Mugens are turning out to actually be the cheap alternative!

SiR Medic
07-30-2003, 05:59 AM
How about sucking my cock, Jerky. I'm sure that you can wrestle your mom off of it for a few minutes.

:eek:

JEEZUS GUYS!!!! Take it easy!

MY BAD... I did not see the adjustable perches when I first looked at the pic of the Todas... After looking at the pic a second time I see that they ARE adjustable for ride-height (and I assume they would be adjustable for compression etc).

I apologize for any hurt feelings or any small animals that were hurt by me posting this nonsense.

Back to the topic... If the Todas are $2300... GOOD GODDAMN THAT'S EXPENSIVE!:eek:

chunky
07-30-2003, 08:24 AM
jic magic is where it's at.

jerky
07-30-2003, 09:54 AM
Don't feel too bad, Jerky. You're not the first bitch that I've slapped today and you won't be the last. You're nothing special.

hahahahaha. you're serious aren't you? hahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

rs-sex
09-15-2003, 04:55 PM

Back to the topic at hand. The TODAs are not 3-4 times the price of the Mugens, but will be about $2300 retail. They'll be a LOT lighter than the Mugens since the Mugens are heavier than stock.

The Spoons will be out very soon as well, but will likely be about the same weight as the Mugens but a bit more expensive because they don't come with springs. The Mugens are turning out to actually be the cheap alternative!

Had to bring this thread back to life just to prove my point.

http://todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/fightex_coilovers.html

Are now released and cost $3100 USD so I was not that far off saying the TODA setup would be 3-4 times more expensive then the mugens. I am going to pick up the mugens come spring, no sense upgrading the suspension for winter.