PDA

View Full Version : Bird chirping sound coming from my Si at low speeds, anyone else?

ep pilot
07-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Weird bird chirping sound getting more noticeable lately, anyone else got it?

What happens is this, I pull into my apt complex late, windows down, no radio and as the car gets down to about 3/5 mph when I am parking, or driving really slow, I hear what sounds like 10-15 canaries chirping softly from under my car, also I hear it more so when the A/C is on, or right as you turn the engine off the same sound can be audible as the engine shuts off.

I have determined its not the pilot baring usually a similar sound, because I can apply the clutch all the way and the sound is still present. If I put the parking brake on, and act like I'm gonna stall the car, I hear the chirping. I am thinking my stock exhaust piping or my motor mounts need tightening or lube or something? but it's starting to get really annoying, it makes my car sound like a 15 year-old Buick:(

-Ryan

02NJHondaep3
07-27-2003, 08:44 PM
elaborate more? where is it coming from? My car seems to hiss a lot and its stock. I hear chirps in 2nd and 3rd haha.

ConeCrazy02
07-27-2003, 08:50 PM
You have a defective auto tensioner. Take it to the dealer to get it replace.

sonic imperial
07-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Are you serious? I've had that bird chirping sound since almost day one. Got 18k miles and it still does it. You think it's a problem?