PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with some parts (Mugen)

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 05:29 AM
I'm not big on "show" items, but I also want my car to look good for a possible magazine shoot that's coming up in the next few weeks. That being said, I've decided on Mugen as the product of choice. (Not for it's "JDM'ness", but for it's specific look and build.)

Here's what I want to get:

Under the Hood:
Oil Cap
Radiator Cap
Resevoir "Socks" ;)
Strut bar (If it doesn't interfere with my Turbo)

In the car:
Shift Knob
CTR Boot (not Mugen, I know)
Pedals
Rear Strut Bar

My main question or conerns are...what's real and what's fake? I don't want cheap replicas simply because I want the high quality. How can I be sure? (I love Ebay and I'm guessing that most ANYTHING Mugen on there is fake.)

All help would be appreciated.

Steve

audomatik
07-28-2003, 05:53 AM
check out jdmhondaparts.com and compare the parts on ebay to those. if they'er selling a Mugen Oil Cap on ebay for $19.99, it's most likely not a real Mugen Oil Cap. Same with the shift knobs and stuff on their... just remember, if it's expensive, it's most likely real.

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 06:02 AM
The problem with that logic is that I could over pay for the fake stuff...

Is there anyway to tell, at least for Ebay?

Steve

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 06:08 AM
JDMHondaParts.com has the same prices as King Motorsports. Doesn't anyone have them cheaper?

Steve

BlackFL2k2Si
07-28-2003, 06:22 AM
I think that stuff like that, i.e. Mugen, Spoon, etc. all basically go for the same price since there is such high demand on them and being that most places get their items through King. Try www.ipsracing.com, I believe they carry Mugen as well and are good to deal with (heard that from Honda-tech).

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 06:35 AM
Same prices.. :(

I guess I'll have to whore out my car some more to get some better deals.

Steve

pLopSI
07-28-2003, 07:19 AM
U have a turbo :eek: :( ... boo too you J/K. Well, I have the same dilemma w/ the mugen products. I'm jus gonna go through legit dealers for the legit Mugen products, even if the price is too high. But if u want the build, quality n' look, u jus gotta pay a lil more. :D

civicSIracer
07-28-2003, 07:29 AM
yep.. www.inlinefour.com had a lot of mugen stuff..

your always goingt o have to fork it out for the real shit.. but at least you know its worth it..:cool:

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 07:36 AM
The reason I have a problem with the price is because
1) I'm cheap
2) I normally don't get non performance parts so it's hard to part myself from my money for it.

I'm just looking for the best deal is all.

Steve

David K.
07-28-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
The reason I have a problem with the price is because
1) I'm cheap
2) I normally don't get non performance parts so it's hard to part myself from my money for it.

I'm just looking for the best deal is all.

Steve

I agree 100%!!!! You should wear that attitude as a badge of honor if you do the shoot. Don't give in to the mags that think a car sucks if it doesn't have JDM oozing out of it. Lots of times that stuff just becomes "rice" for people with money. Good, Fast, Cheap; that's all you need!!

BlackFL2k2Si
07-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Why not borrow the parts from people for the shoot?

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 09:48 AM
I'd rather just buy them. That wouldn't be my car then. I don't like deceiving people like that.

Steve

Mugen_EP
07-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Steve,

You have PM.;)

BlackNRedSi
07-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Steve...I will check out the internet for you most of the day i am free of doing anywork anyways...if i find something that i think may interest you, ill PM you the info...

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Cool, thanks guys!

Steve

RockEP_SS**
07-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Order from us Steve! LOL! You know I won't send you fake stuff, and I'll try to beat whatever prices you get. Unless it's ebay! Let me know!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 12:34 PM
You've got PM.

Steve

stephen
07-28-2003, 12:50 PM
for the total price of all that mugen show crap, you can get a big brake kit.

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm already getting one, but thanks.

:)

Steve

audomatik
07-28-2003, 12:56 PM
i myself am going the same route, however i'm goin all spoon... something about my vivid blue si that screams spoon... ohhhh thats right, it's blue. if you search for a specific product on ebay, you will get the real deal... if you just type in mugen civic or some bullshit, you'll get crap. i hate when people have stuff like BOMZ CAI for 02-03 Civic NOT jdm mugen spoon ep3 dc5... so then you get all that stuff no matter what... ahhh that kills me... just search for the exact part name and you'll find the real stuff, thats how i found my spoon ground wires for $100...

icegrill
07-28-2003, 07:05 PM
I got all my underhood mugen stuff of ebay around 6 months ago it was all genuine. Oil cap was $60 shipped, radiator cap $25 shipped and two socks for $30 shipped. I haven' t seen any real oil caps for ever though. I'm pissed though cuz I put the oil cap on my old si and for some reason on my new si the cap sits with the mugen emblem crooked. ???? Oh well even on the King si they have the cap with the emblem crooked. ;)

RacingCivicSi02
07-28-2003, 07:16 PM
On ebay. If the package says Euro type R its fake. If it looks to cheap for what it is it probably fake.

also check http://www.inlinefour.com www.JDMHondaParts.com www.optauto.com www.passwordjdm.com

02TafWhtSi
07-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Steve - how about the Mugen Sports suspension as an upgrade?

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Steve - how about the Mugen Sports suspension as an upgrade?

I'll be upgrading to a full drag set up so the Mugen kit would be a waste. I don't want full on JDM, I just want the "enhancements".

Steve

jason
07-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Take I 95 south to oakland park blvd. about a 1/2 mile down the road on your left hand side is pacific performance, the only authorized dealer for spoon and mugen products in florida, shouldn't be too far from where you live and if they sell you fake stuff we can egg there store, you can be the get away driver!;)

www.pacificperformance.com

Type X
07-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
The problem with that logic is that I could over pay for the fake stuff...

Is there anyway to tell, at least for Ebay?

Steve

steve how u ask is that u ask me

i = the jdm whore supreme DUR:p

audomatik
07-29-2003, 06:12 AM
i bet i'm more of a jdm whore then you... jk

SiR Medic
07-30-2003, 07:15 AM
What magazine are you gonna be in Steve?

ssvr6
07-30-2003, 07:36 AM
It's a new magazine (a spin off of HCI). The guys at Cybernation told me but I forgot already. (DOH!)

I'll find out and post it later.

Steve