PDA

View Full Version : debadging

staticflo
07-28-2003, 10:28 AM
ok i know this has been posted before, and i tryed to search but couldn't get any help, could someone just explain to me step by step of how to debadge the civic and si emblem off the rear of my car, i want to do it but want to make sure i do everything right....thanks and sorry for reposting

r3p00c
07-28-2003, 10:30 AM
warm it up with a hairdryer to loosen the glue... if it doesn't pull off easily after that, get a piece of dental floss, and wiggle it in behind the emblem until you pop the entire thing off. you'll probably have a little glue left on the surface... if so, use some bug and tar remover to take it off. pretty easy to do. ;)

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 10:35 AM
If you don't have or don't want to use a hair dryer, use a piece of fishing line or dental floss.

Then use goo gone or goof off to remove the adhesive. After that, wash the area and wax it.

Steve

andy
07-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
If you don't have or don't want to use a hair dryer, use a piece of fishing line or dental floss.
Then use goo gone or goof off to remove the adhesive. After that, wash the area and wax it.

I was gonna add that I used a small thin piece of nylon string
to debadge my car. It was sitting in the garage (the string) so
I was like "let me see..." and the badges came right off. I didn't
even have to heat it (although the FL heat probably had some
effect).
Just be careful when scraping the goo off - I chipped the smallest
lil' piece of paint off, but thankfully it's barely noticeable.

civic hatch boi
07-28-2003, 11:48 AM
yeah, if its hot outside, u can just pull it off. other wise, use a hairdryer. than just wipe off the excess junk. while u're at it, debage the ugly i-vtec too :)

streaker666
07-28-2003, 11:53 AM
I have no problems debadging the rear hatch (Civic & SiR emblems), even the rear hatch Honda badge...

but I do have a problem with the front grille removal...I was wondering if I can remove the front grille without removing the whole front bumper, as suggested by many on this forum and the Helm's service manual.

So can anyone tell me any methods for removing the front grille w/o removal of front bumper and w/o doing damage? Thanks in advance.

cbecker333
07-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by streaker666
... as suggested by many on this forum and the Helm's service manual....

In the helms manual, the first step of the front grille replacement is: 1. Remove the front bumper (see page 20-85)

I'm not sure how to do it without taking off the bumper....anybody else?

civic hatch boi
07-28-2003, 12:26 PM
why do you wanna take off the grille? did you get another grille? like the mugen?

streaker666
07-28-2003, 12:46 PM
I just wanted to take off my SiR badge on the grille and maybe spray a different colour on my front Honda badge...

raiyo
07-28-2003, 01:33 PM
I was able to remove the front Si emblem without damaging it. Tooked it out without removing the bumper, but it was very hard. I used a small flat head screwdriver. Just popped up those clips holding the bumper from the top. Took me around 30 minutes.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17239

streaker666
07-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey raiyo, thanks for the link...I read it some time ago but couldn't find it...since I'll want to take the Honda badge off at some point, I'll have to take the bumper off when I have time...

ragebomb
07-28-2003, 10:53 PM
I was also able to replace the front H emblem without taking off the bumper. Back when I did it I didn't know you had to take off the bumper. Agreed, it was very tough. I had to remove the top clips, use very long screwdrivers and be very careful and patient.

I remember I had to force the top of the grill over the bonnet release in order to access the screws that hold the emblem housing onto the grill.

At one point I totally screwed up and dropped the hood down - it snapped in place and the hood release was inaccessible - don't do that b/c it becomes a magic trick to open your hood again.

If I had to do it all over again, I would take off the bumper. :)

Good luck.

chubbychu
07-28-2003, 11:08 PM
as previously stated...lol...just take off ALL the plastic clips visible on the front assemble....gently, but firmly pry the flap over the hood release thing...and you should be good to go. stick your hand back there...snap off the front si badge and unscrew to take of front h off...

ivtec decals...USE dryer..if you dont...it just peels off little by little...not fun. rear "civic" and "si" try to use the dryer...use a credit card...or laminated card...iuno thats what i did cuz floss kept on breaking. than remove excess stuff with some kind of bug and tar remover....

irrational
07-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by staticflo
ok i know this has been posted before, and i tryed to search but couldn't get any help, could someone just explain to me step by step of how to debadge the civic and si emblem off the rear of my car, i want to do it but want to make sure i do everything right....thanks and sorry for reposting i will be having a full how to coming very soon on my site. within the week it will be up.

enecks
09-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Please forgive my newb faux pas in dredging up a 2 month old thread, but could anybody offer some pointers on the best way to remove the i-vtec stickers? I got some adhesive remover and am going to undertake the debagdging process this weekend. Any advice would be assuredly appreciated.

ep88
09-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by enecks
Please forgive my newb faux pas in dredging up a 2 month old thread, but could anybody offer some pointers on the best way to remove the i-vtec stickers? I got some adhesive remover and am going to undertake the debagdging process this weekend. Any advice would be assuredly appreciated.

use a hair dryer to remove the i vtec decal.

chubbychu
09-24-2003, 09:45 PM

dude, read above =o)

but anyways. uhm...you MUST you some kind of heating device Ie: dryer, hot day, heat gun (FAR AWAY) iron, blowtorch...ect ect.
itll come off in one piece if you heat it up, but if you dont, itll just tear off flake by flake

raiyo
09-24-2003, 09:52 PM

Material needed: Blow dyer and alittle finger nail

Heat up the sticker where u are starting off. Start peeling slowly, and blow as you peel. The sticker will rip/break, so u gotta keep doing it. After done, use the sticker and stick it back on the edges of the sticker location to remove the residue.

That's what I did and it worked. Make sure your nail is round and not sharp. Wouldn't want to give your car nail stretches. HTH

andy
09-24-2003, 09:53 PM
I didn't even need to use a heat gun/hair dryer to remove mine,
but then again, it was a warm Florida day. If its cold, heat them
up a bit. Otherwise, just let it sit in the sun for a little while and
start peeling them off. They should come off pretty easily.
After that, use a little degreaser/goo-be-gone to get the adhesive
off. Don't forget to clean/wax that area once you are done.

chubbychu
09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by raiyo

Material needed: Blow dyer and alittle finger nail

Heat up the sticker where u are starting off. Start peeling slowly, and blow as you peel. The sticker will rip/break, so u gotta keep doing it. After done, use the sticker and stick it back on the edges of the sticker location to remove the residue.

That's what I did and it worked. Make sure your nail is round and not sharp. Wouldn't want to give your car nail stretches. HTH

what does HTH mean?

enecks
09-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Wow, you guys are quick to respond! I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for the all the info. I'll let you know how it turns out and try to take some pics. HTH = hope this helps, i think? or maybe how the hell : ).

chubbychu
09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Wow, you guys are quick to respond! I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for the all the info. I'll let you know how it turns out and try to take some pics. HTH = hope this helps, i think? or maybe how the hell : ).

ahh i see...THANk YOOO

raiyo
09-24-2003, 10:15 PM
HTH = hope this helps

yup yup ;)

Mugen_EP
09-24-2003, 10:36 PM
I think this thread has more then served its purpose.:)

Closed.