PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs

liljosh63
07-28-2003, 11:02 AM
im wonderin if changin to a high quality performance plug will give any difference to tha motor. will it make it a little more powerful or would i just be wasting my money. my car only has 7000 miles on it

chubbychu
08-26-2003, 08:16 PM
hmm.....

from past experience, on my accord v6, when i installed spark plugs, i didnt turn a full turn but they were pretty tight, and just today, i changed sparkplugs on a 2000 hx civic cpe it just kinda STOPPED after a couple turns. so, im wondering what the deal with si plugs and how is the best way to put them in? not that im gonna but for future reference maybe...thanks!

Kirei
08-26-2003, 09:57 PM
I had a discussion about this with my manager and I was told not to fuck with the platinum spark plugs that the si's came with. The first thought that crossed my mind was: si's have platinum spark plugs?

oogy-boogy
08-27-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
hmm.....

from past experience, on my accord v6, when i installed spark plugs, i didnt turn a full turn but they were pretty tight, and just today, i changed sparkplugs on a 2000 hx civic cpe it just kinda STOPPED after a couple turns. so, im wondering what the deal with si plugs and how is the best way to put them in? not that im gonna but for future reference maybe...thanks!

Turn it counterclockwise first until you hear / feel a click. It will help you feel where the thread starts to keep you from cross threading the plug.

chunky
08-27-2003, 10:01 AM
si comes with iridium plugs. at 50k miles, my plugs look to be in good shape although I think there is a bit of ashy residue on them from running hot, detonation, or maybe it's just how the k20 runs.

I'm gonna replace the plugs soon enough so I can better monitor their wear next time.

PogoFX
08-27-2003, 11:55 AM
Found this informative article about plugs while doing some research on detonation. Good stuff, especially near the bottom.

http://www.wakularacing.com/TechnicalInfo.htm