PDA

View Full Version : Motor vs audio mods - a revelation!

BarracksSi
07-28-2003, 05:54 PM
MY OPINION ONLY --

After making yet another trip through the metropolis we call DC, it's occurred to me that people here drive like fuckin' pussies, and I'll get much more enjoyment if I invested in audio gear rather than performance gear.

If I were living out in the open somewhere, I'd go for motor mods. Instead, I'd only be able to even notice that kind of stuff in maybe 0.1% of daily driving (if that), and I rarely make it to a track. Maayyyybe some suspension work down the road, but like I talked about with vbp si 03, the roads in town suck so much that a bouncier car would really get on my nerves, even if I could say, "Yeah, but it corners at 5 G's!"

Anyway, there's my rant. Had to vent.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
07-28-2003, 05:58 PM
So get a 50 hp VW Vanagon with 12 15" subs in the rear and call it a day...

BarracksSi
07-28-2003, 06:07 PM
LOL...

hehe.. nah, I'd like to have at least a little bit of driving fun when I can. ;)

Type X
07-28-2003, 07:02 PM
my revelation

exterior and audio = nice running car u can sell when your done

performance = always gonna be a car faster and a pain in the scrotum to sell when ur done

:D

02TafWhtSi
07-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. Some days (like today) I wish I had snagged one of the last 02' Accord Special Editions leaving the lot for $17K. Just a comfortable, quiet, relaxed daily cruiser that I will never have to worry about. Sometimes my EP feels too high strung when I'm having a shitty day and I just want to chill out. Put a nice stereo in her and zone out :D

EPHatchgirl
07-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Type X
my revelation

performance = always gonna be a car faster and a pain in the scrotum to sell when ur done

Man, am I learning that the hard way right now.....:o :( :'( :D
Try selling an 80% complete civic HB that is made for 500 whp...:mad:

siver-SI
07-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Type X
my revelation

If you have both that is a very sweet car. When I add my Turbo I know if I want to every sell my car I am just going to have to get it so that it is shown in the right places. I know dealer will not give me a thing for it but they will try and sell it for some good cash. I have seen the only cars that do well is that they have good body mods, sounds mods, and engine mods all in one.

chunky
07-28-2003, 08:53 PM
dc isn't that bad. there's room to open it up on the weekends. ;0

ssvr6
07-28-2003, 09:08 PM
When going the "performance route", just don't sell your car. Easy enough. :)

Steve

02NITEHAWKSi EP
07-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I really miss my Lexus (98 ES300 ) It was so comfy and the girls were like wow 22 years old and pimping your own lex. :D he he he. I wish I still had her to pimp around in. She was no slouch though, 3.0L V6 230 hp and I had made an intake for it, Take the traction control off and she'll leave some black lines on the ground.

edit::: I wish I had gotten the TRD Supercharger, It would have pushed 350hp at the wheels at 7 pounds of boost. Furk the BMW's he he he.

BarracksSi
04-20-2015, 05:05 AM
Turning back the time machine to one of my first threads…

I shoulda listened to my own advice. ;-) I haven't done any meaningful mods to my EP since putting on the exhaust almost ten years ago. (and saved up enough cash to pay for my wedding in the meantime)

I had some race time, both at the strip and autocross, and enjoyed every bit of it. But, that was less than 1% of my time in the car, and all the rest of the time, it became louder and more uncomfortable with each mod. The exhaust in particular made me start second guessing the whole thing, because I went on a road trip into NY a couple days after the install, discovering that it had a nicely booming resonance at about 65-75 mph.

When going the "performance route", just don't sell your car. Easy enough. :)

Steve

That's what I've done so far. ;-) The sale day will come eventually, but my car has half the mileage of my wife's Camry, and I've suggested that we replace her car first since she drives more often.