PDA

View Full Version : JDMakeover - Malibu, CA

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Farewell slow EP3! Welcome, new, World Rally Blue WRX!

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Driver controls

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Gauges (WRX has a higher redline than the Si, even though it's a turbo!)

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Underneath the hood

EP3_DC5
07-28-2003, 06:39 PM
congrats?!?!:rolleyes:

Just kidding. If that's what rocks your boat man!
You should have done the K20A2 swap in the EP imo...

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh, you mean the A2, Type-S block? Type S.L.O.W.?

I waxed one of those sorry ass things on the way to VONS this morning. They're even easier than those supercharged Coopers, heh.

No wait! I shoulda bought an even faster automatic RSX! :D

TezGari
07-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JDMakeover

I waxed one of those sorry ass things on the way to VONS this morning. They're even easier than those supercharged Coopers, heh.

Why am i not seeing "STi" after u put "WRX"?
J/k...I love the WRX's its a sweet car. I have one question tho, Do u still get the one year membership to the SCA (or is it SCCA) club? I heard that last year...Nice car! I like your choice...i woulda personally went for the STi, but thats more $$$.....
Have fun and be safe with her:p !

02TafWhtSi
07-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Awesome choice man! How about a thorough review for those of us (like me) considering the T-Rex. ;)

EP3_DC5
07-28-2003, 07:29 PM

Wow, you are absolutely ignorant.:rolleyes:

TezGari
07-28-2003, 07:39 PM
I think if u put a Hondata ECU/Intake/H/E on the RSX S i think it will take you....But we can also do Tubo Vs. Turbo.....RSX Turboed Vs. WRX.....Who would win....All in all i think both cars are great, both have Extremely well power....

EP3_DC5
07-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed
I think if u put a Hondata ECU/Intake/H/E on the RSX S i think it will take you....But we can also do Tubo Vs. Turbo.....RSX Turboed Vs. WRX.....Who would win....All in all i think both cars are great, both have Extremely well power....

wrong, intake and Hondata are the only performance mods you need to beat a WRX, and then some. JDkindle from clubrsx has hit 13.8 @ 101 mph with cai/hondata/mm/tires/short shifter !!!

about $1000 in mods total.

TezGari
07-28-2003, 07:46 PM
I dont want to sound like a, "hater", but i wish i had a WRX too.......:)

STi......:p

TezGari
07-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5

wrong, intake and Hondata are the only performance mods you need to beat a WRX, and then some. JDkindle from clubrsx has hit 13.8 @ 101 mph with cai/hondata/mm/tires/short shifter !!!

Ummm I thought so.....13.8 is nice...Im only at 15.8-15.9:( ...
Im not complaining, a RSX S and a WRX would be better than what i got...But its my lil hatch that gives me 26mpg....:) ..Got to love it...

kcx23
07-28-2003, 08:30 PM
WHY DIDN'T YOU GET THE WRX WITH THE NEW HEAD LIGHTS, THE ROUND ONE'S ARE FOR DODGE NEON'S ONLY. FAST CAR, BUT IT JUST HAS AN UGLY ASS EXTERIOR.

IceD out N CALI
07-28-2003, 08:40 PM
cool, congrats on the car. How much did you get for the ep in the trade in?

TheNewGuy
07-28-2003, 09:52 PM
A guy in my car club just got an STi...they are unreal. However one of our old *cough* neon lovers just got an SRT-4...which beats the STi after 100, if you can believe it. I sure as hell didn't, but he proved me wrong. Just had to add my two sense:D

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed

Why am i not seeing "STi" after u put "WRX"?
J/k...I love the WRX's its a sweet car. I have one question tho, Do u still get the one year membership to the SCA (or is it SCCA) club? I heard that last year...Nice car! I like your choice...i woulda personally went for the STi, but thats more $$$.....
Have fun and be safe with her:p !

Quite honestly because of 3 reasons: [1] They are marked up $5,000, and the dealer has so much confidence someone else will buy them at that price (and they're right, dumb people are buying them with the mark-up) [2] They won't let you test drive them even if you can prove you can afford one. [3] They need to have tons of octane booster every time they get filled up at the gas station. Even with the booster they still won't run right. Japan has much better fuel that we can't obtain, at least not easily, or inexpensively.

Yes, the car comes with a free SCCA membership.

Thanks for the good wishes.

JDMakeover
07-28-2003, 10:03 PM

HELLO dumb fuck, your car is A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C, you do not do the same times a type-s does, with or without those mods...

I'll shut your stupid ass up for good when and if you're man enough to meet up with me at either LACR or Irwindale...my friend will tape your car getting it's ass handed to it and then we will post it here and on your groupy clubrsx boards, meanwhile all my Nasioc buddies will kick back and laugh at the wannabe rsx'er wishing he could be as fast...

With the same $1000 my car will do low 12's, 8 gallons of 100 octane from Union 76 ($38.32), boost controller with auto cut-off ($300), and cheap drag tires (about $600).

Give it up, you are slow. Nothing will change it.

EP3_DC5
07-28-2003, 10:45 PM

HELLO dumb fuck, your car is A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C, you do not do the same times a type-s does, with or without those mods...

I'll shut your stupid ass up for good when and if you're man enough to meet up with me at either LACR or Irwindale...my friend will tape your car getting it's ass handed to it and then we will post it here and on your groupy clubrsx boards, meanwhile all my Nasioc buddies will kick back and laugh at the wannabe rsx'er wishing he could be as fast...

With the same $1000 my car will do low 12's, 8 gallons of 100 octane from Union 76 ($38.32), boost controller with auto cut-off ($300), and cheap drag tires (about $600).

EDIT:
Actually I'm done with this pissing contest. You are just an ignorant boy, and nothing I say will change that. I apologize for people having to put up with reading comments like this and I feel sorry for you, for not being more open-minded and not realizing that being a car enthusiast isn't about pissing on other people's cars.
BTW my car is still considerably quicker than yours right now, and no matter what you say, nothing will change that.

JDMakeover
07-29-2003, 12:27 AM

EDIT:
Actually I'm done with this pissing contest. You are just an ignorant boy, and nothing I say will change that. I apologize for people having to put up with reading comments like this and I feel sorry for you, for not being more open-minded and not realizing that being a car enthusiast isn't about pissing on other people's cars.
BTW my car is still considerably quicker than yours right now, and no matter what you say, nothing will change that.

Right, so much quicker, stock those automatic BASE MODEL rsx's are known to do 16.6-16.8's. Must've done a Corvette 5.7 swap to be so fast all of the sudden.

ssvr6
07-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Thanks for playing..buh bye now...

Steve

Suk02Si
07-29-2003, 12:42 AM
:eek:

I guess that was strike three;)

HK_EP3
07-29-2003, 04:07 AM
umm, i dont get it, y is he saying EP3_DC5's rsx is automatic? i thought he has a type S... what a retard.
And i drove a WRX, all the way from LA to Nor Cal, that thing aint all that... it is fuckin slow as fuck in my opinion, the throttle response is AWFUL, and on the way back, i saw a red evo, raced him and got dusted, didnt even see him after 10 seconds... And you know what, W all know you're a cheap bastard for buying the WRX now... hahahaha!!! now that the new WRX and STi's are out, the old WRX model is like a clearance item, i feel sorry for you man. and oh ya, good luck with your tranny replacement in ummm... lets say... tomorrow?:D :D :mad:

EKthenEPnow
07-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Farewell slow EP3! Welcome, new, World Rally Blue WRX!

Welcome Higher monthly payments

Welcome Higher INS payments

Welcome Higher maintenance Costs

Welcome School Bus Sized Steering wheel(don't care who makes it)

Welcome Toyota/Hyundai grade interior plastics

Welcome being an un-original bastard and quitting on the EP

Welcome 45% Drivetrain loss (congrats on the 150hp at the wheels :confused: :eek: :eek: )

Otherwise, cool that you can Mod it easily and effectively, really cool that its got tons of potential and aftermarket support

Hook up Vishnu Stage 1 (or 2 maybe) and it'll be an awesomely fun and quick car

Congrats (just a bummer you gave up so quick, maybe you should have gone straight for the WRX in the first place)

BlackNRedSi
07-29-2003, 12:31 PM

Jeez, now i know why i put you on my IGNORE list, jeeezus!

anyway take that shyte attitude over to your new WRX Forum or something, damn....

and stop bashing on the Si, if i wanted to i could go pay 4 grand less than what you paid for your WRX and get a SRT-4 and rip that WRX a new asshole....or spend 4 grand more than the WRX and buy a EVO8 and still beat that WRX...